• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Notes and Quotes from Laker Camp

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deangelo Russel

1. Coaching - “I feel like everybody’s buying in and wants to take steps forward in winning and coming together as a team,” Russell said. “I’m really looking forward to going into training camp with that one year under my belt as experience. ... Just going into training camp, I know what to expect and I’m kind of prepared.”

2. Focused on Defense - "The more we come together on defense, and wanna make plays, the easier it will be on offense "

Julius Randle

1. Leadership - “Going into my third year, or second year or whatever, we got so many young guys, and I’m kind of looked at as one of the leaders of the team,” said Randle (h/t SB Nation's Gary Kester). “I think it starts with me, D’Angelo, whoever it may be, to be over ourselves. Stats don't matter. It’s about playing for each other.”

Brandon Ingram

1. Motivation - “I think if (a starting spot) was given it wouldn’t drive me as much to be the best player I could be,” Ingram said. “Just coming off the bench and showing that I can be one of the best players on the floor, it gives me motivation to work hard each and every day.”

Nick Young

1. Continuing his career as a clown - "I'm Uncle P now," Young said, smiling. "I want to transition from Swaggy P to Uncle P."

Kids are saying the right things, i like it a lot.

Taken from various sites for your discussion considerations.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deangelo Russel

1. Coaching - “I feel like everybody’s buying in and wants to take steps forward in winning and coming together as a team,” Russell said. “I’m really looking forward to going into training camp with that one year under my belt as experience. ... Just going into training camp, I know what to expect and I’m kind of prepared.”

2. Focused on Defense - "The more we come together on defense, and wanna make plays, the easier it will be on offense "

Julius Randle

1. Leadership - “Going into my third year, or second year or whatever, we got so many young guys, and I’m kind of looked at as one of the leaders of the team,” said Randle (h/t SB Nation's Gary Kester). “I think it starts with me, D’Angelo, whoever it may be, to be over ourselves. Stats don't matter. It’s about playing for each other.”

Brandon Ingram

1. Motivation - “I think if (a starting spot) was given it wouldn’t drive me as much to be the best player I could be,” Ingram said. “Just coming off the bench and showing that I can be one of the best players on the floor, it gives me motivation to work hard each and every day.”

Nick Young

1. Continuing his career as a clown - "I'm Uncle P now," Young said, smiling. "I want to transition from Swaggy P to Uncle P."

Kids are saying the right things, i like it a lot.

Taken from various sites for your discussion considerations.

I like all of these quotes, even "Uncle P" (as long as it's not the crazy uncle that gets drunk and acts the fool at family gatherings). :lol:

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like all of these quotes, even "Uncle P" (as long as it's not the crazy uncle that gets drunk and acts the fool at family gatherings). :lol:

Good chance he actually plays better. We will know early if hes done or not. Lakers couldnt get anyone to take him, that contract :L

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good chance he actually plays better. We will know early if hes done or not. Lakers couldnt get anyone to take him, that contract :L

I've said before that the most frustrating thing about him is that his talent is obvious. Unfortunately, his lack of maturity keeps getting in the way. I expect that if the things he's been saying are true, we will see a better version of him this season. If not, I think they'll cut him and eat the money.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serena Winters and Lakersnation are giving us some great training camps videos.

Randle's jumpshot looks much more fluid. No more hitch. Better balance. If that can translate into real game success, he will be a very tough one to guard.

I want to see some video of Zubac's skyhook. He's been working hard on it with Bertka. I suspect he'll be working with Cap at some point as well.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can definitely see that Clarkson and Russell have been putting in the work in the weight room. Russell is gonna bully them smaller guards.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see some video of Zubac's skyhook. He's been working hard on it with Bertka. I suspect he'll be working with Cap at some point as well.

FINALLY!! A big who is looking to embrace the most unblockable shot in league history. I've never understood why more bigs didn't embrace that shot. If I was that tall, it's the first shot I'd want to learn.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for season to start.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FINALLY!! A big who is looking to embrace the most unblockable shot in league history. I've never understood why more bigs didn't embrace that shot. If I was that tall, it's the first shot I'd want to learn.

I think its because its actually fairly difficult to pull off. It takes a lot of touch and finesse to pull it off. It's a lot harder than Kareem made it look.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its because its actually fairly difficult to pull off. It takes a lot of touch and finesse to pull it off. It's a lot harder than Kareem made it look.

Especially when it seems all anyone wants to practice is whatever will get them on sportscenter or youtube. Crazy dunks, ridiculous ball-handling, etc.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow!!! Simmons fractures foot.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe Dwight refused to work with Kareem and develop that sky hook.

Instead of a giant douche he could have been a Lakers legend.