• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Non-Mariners / Around MLB, 2016

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Saunders is having a nice year. Already has a WAR of 2.3. I know a lot of people on here weren't fans of his but I hated trading him and it looks more lopsided now. Happy for him that he is putting it together.

1. Michael Saunders delivers the hat trick and everybody suddenly realizes he's having a big season. In the States, we call it a three-homer game. Saunders became the 15th player in Blue Jays franchise history to hit three home runs in a game, but only the fourth Canadian to do it -- joining Larry Walker, Justin Morneau and Joey Votto. None of those did it for a Canadian team, however. Saunders, who finished with eight RBIs, just missed a fourth home run when Hyun-Soo Kim caught his fly ball at the wall in the third inning. He had a chance for a fourth home run in the eighth but grounded into a double play. The Blue Jays, meanwhile, scored a 13-2 win, the fifth time in seven games they've scored 10-plus runs.

So that was an impressive game, but this is even more so: Saunders is now second in the AL behind David Ortiz in OPS. He's hitting .314/.389/.610 with 15 home runs and 32 RBIs. Saunders always has had the ability but was never able to put it together with the Mariners, with a string of injuries a big reason. Traded to the Blue Jays last year, he injured his knee stepping on a sprinkler head while shagging fly balls in spring training and missed nearly the entire season. He's certainly an All-Star candidate this season with his triple-slash numbers, and he also has settled in as the Blue Jays' cleanup hitter. What do we say? You can't predict baseball.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Saunders is having a nice year. Already has a WAR of 2.3. I know a lot of people on here weren't fans of his but I hated trading him and it looks more lopsided now. Happy for him that he is putting it together.

1. Michael Saunders delivers the hat trick and everybody suddenly realizes he's having a big season. In the States, we call it a three-homer game. Saunders became the 15th player in Blue Jays franchise history to hit three home runs in a game, but only the fourth Canadian to do it -- joining Larry Walker, Justin Morneau and Joey Votto. None of those did it for a Canadian team, however. Saunders, who finished with eight RBIs, just missed a fourth home run when Hyun-Soo Kim caught his fly ball at the wall in the third inning. He had a chance for a fourth home run in the eighth but grounded into a double play. The Blue Jays, meanwhile, scored a 13-2 win, the fifth time in seven games they've scored 10-plus runs.

So that was an impressive game, but this is even more so: Saunders is now second in the AL behind David Ortiz in OPS. He's hitting .314/.389/.610 with 15 home runs and 32 RBIs. Saunders always has had the ability but was never able to put it together with the Mariners, with a string of injuries a big reason. Traded to the Blue Jays last year, he injured his knee stepping on a sprinkler head while shagging fly balls in spring training and missed nearly the entire season. He's certainly an All-Star candidate this season with his triple-slash numbers, and he also has settled in as the Blue Jays' cleanup hitter. What do we say? You can't predict baseball.

And we traded him for Happ who lasted 3 months with us and then re-signed with Blue Jays at the end of the season. I would call that a win for Toronto.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Always liked Saunders. He always seemed to have the ability to be pretty good but didn't ever put it all together while he was with the M's. Good for him.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros have gone 22-9

Hope the Halos can find a way to beat them.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, that is crazy. I keep expecting the stros to slow down a little bit but it just doesn't happen.

No it doesn't. They are so deep with a loaded minors.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOS is for real.