• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No room for error now

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MHSL82 pretty sure going low on the legs of a quarterback in the pocket is illegal. Von Miller's hit at least would be legal if Smith hadn't gotten the ball away.

Then, just leave it as a penalty, no fine. As you noted later, he was pushed in. I was just referring to the fact that one how One head of fine when the quarterback still had the ball (yes, I know, it was low) and the other didn't. I think neither should've had a fine or both should have a fine. If I were to give a fine, it would be reversed due to timing and intent. Note, when I say intent, I don't mean to injure, I mean to hit. Although everyone wants to hit the quarterback, I don't think that the Chiefs player was intending on hitting him, at least not where he hit him. If he were where to try to hit him higher. I guess I could say that the Denver player would've tried to hit him earlier. So I guess in conclusion, I wouldn't have fined either player.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the league can figure out a way to turn Smith's 70 yard pass into a run? After that, I wonder if they can find someone to fine, maybe suspend? On second thought, I'm not quite sure if Kelce passed the end zone marker. I am pretty sure he fumbled it into the end zone for a touchback.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they semi-miraculously find their way into the playoffs the next question is..how do they avoid Indy?:bawling::noidea:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they semi-miraculously find their way into the playoffs the next question is..how do they avoid Indy?:bawling::noidea:

They might be a better matchup for us than Cincy, Pitt, or Baltimore since their running game leaves a lot to be desired; and I think everyone knows how porous the Run D is at this point in comparison to the Pass D.

Cincy has Benard and Hill, Pitt has Bell, and Baltimore has the YPC leader ahead of even Jamaal in Forsett. Not saying the Chiefs would beat Indy in Indy, but I'd feel a lot better about the matchup despite the somewhat demonic jinx they have going against us in the postseason.

Out of preference, I would least like to see if the Chiefs got into the playoffs for the first round:

Ravens
Pitt (their defense is among the very worst being 31st in yards per play, but nobody wants to beat a playoff team on the road twice in one season; and twice in three weeks)
Bengals
Indy

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs would be best served playing a playoff game outdoors in bad conditions where the other teams WR couldn't go crazy. Make it an ugly slugfest.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs would be best served playing a playoff game outdoors in bad conditions where the other teams WR couldn't go crazy. Make it an ugly slugfest.

I certainly wouldn't mind that this Sunday. Just stack the box and let the DB's and weather smother the passing game as they have for most of the season. Fingers crossed that works.

man-crossing-fingers-250.gif

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen Bailey and Phillip Gaines return to practice. Going to need those two more than ever against a very good offense.

Will be interesting to see what the McGlynnless O-line does in its 2nd week, early returns don't look as well, craptastic. Pitt's defense is actually somewhat similar to Oakland more than not in terms of explosive passing plays, and even worse overall of yards per play against at 31st. So, if ever there was a time for this offense to explode, this is probably the week it needs to happen against what is arguably the worst defense we have played all year on the grounds of yards per play.

Will also be interested to see what Albert Wilson does this week, he has been quietly productive the past two weeks in a WR corp desperate for anyone to get open. Amazing how much more productive he has been immediately over guys like Frankie Hammond Jr., so I look forward to seeing if he is for real or not. Would be very pleased to see him take the top off of Pitt's defense like he did against Oakland.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really makes me shake my head seeing Ben surrounded with a plethora of weapons nowadays with Brown, Bell, and Bryant leading the charge. QBR is a crude instrument, but it does a decent job illustrating this: BB's career QBR is 93.8, but 103.4 thanks to the emergence of Bell, Bryant, among other factors.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really makes me shake my head seeing Ben surrounded with a plethora of weapons nowadays with Brown, Bell, and Bryant leading the charge. QBR is a crude instrument, but it does a decent job illustrating this: BB's career QBR is 93.8, but 103.4 thanks to the emergence of Bell, Bryant, among other factors.

i didn't say it...:lol:

i DID say that not getting receiver help this offseason was a truly bad idea, though. just sayin'...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didn't say it...:lol:

i DID say that not getting receiver help this offseason was a truly bad idea, though. just sayin'...

Yeah, I have to say that hurt a lot this year. The good news is there should be a lot of comp picks to play with from last year. 2nd round pick is back in play as well. Would be a really good opportunity to fix the OL and WR going forward.

Rodney Hudson along with Justin Houston must resign with the team in some fashion, imo. I see Ron Parker is also a FA so that could get interesting with the way he has played at safety.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, but this next one ain't gonna be easy. beating the Steelers in Pitt's gonna be no joke...ESPECIALLY as good as they're playing right now...

KC wins if...#1. Charles goes off. Steeler front 7 is just okay vs the run. Lebeau will probably play some single high S to keep an extra body around the LOS to combat Charles...#2 A. Smith challenges the Steeler CBs deep with some success.

PIT wins if...#1. Ben gets reasonable protection and he takes of the ball

Should be a good game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC wins if...#1. Charles goes off. Steeler front 7 is just okay vs the run. Lebeau will probably play some single high S to keep an extra body around the LOS to combat Charles...#2 A. Smith challenges the Steeler CBs deep with some success.

PIT wins if...#1. Ben gets reasonable protection and he takes of the ball

Should be a good game.

I don't think you have to worry about #2. The deep ball in my opinion is the Chief's biggest weakness this season. Teams can crowd the LOS to help stop Charles. They do not have any deep threat receiver that scares anyone and while I actually like Smith as a quarterback he just doesn't trust his receivers to win the jump balls and is comfortable just accepting the check down throws.

Huge game for both teams though so should be a fun one to watch.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you have to worry about #2. The deep ball in my opinion is the Chief's biggest weakness this season. Teams can crowd the LOS to help stop Charles. They do not have any deep threat receiver that scares anyone and while I actually like Smith as a quarterback he just doesn't trust his receivers to win the jump balls and is comfortable just accepting the check down throws.

Huge game for both teams though so should be a fun one to watch.

Certainly is now or never with #2. Saw some of it vs Oakland, but it is Oakland.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Annnnndddd..they errrored.:L