• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No help from the Niners

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear, the football gods are trying to hand this division to Seattle. With all teams at full strength, things would be looking very different right now.

The football gods aren't with our teams this year. We were down to practice squad players today. Carson Palmer and now Drew Stanton. Just can't catch a break.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, injuries have been Seattle's MVP. Niners were banged up coming in but lost 4 starters throughout the game itself. Still up at the half, but just couldn't hold on.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, injuries have been Seattle's MVP. Niners were banged up coming in but lost 4 starters throughout the game itself. Still up at the half, but just couldn't hold on.
You do realize Seattle's had a bunch of injuries all year as well, right? Our defense just got almost healthy a couple weeks ago, when we started dominating teams. Bobby Wagner proved to be a huge part of this team and he missed something like 4 or 5 games.

We haven't been lucking into wins, which "injuries being our MVP" would suggest, as if the main reason we're winning games is because other teams are hurt. Seattle is a very good football team with a whole lot of talent and great coaching. That should be apparent at this point and that's our MVP, not other teams' injuries.

On a side note, the 9ers/Hawks games are always blood baths. Nobody's feeling fresh the next day. That's a common thing for Seattle opponents. The last 8 teams we've played are 0-8 in their next game. We take a toll on your team when you play us.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when the Seahawks were just an easy WIN.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it hilarious SEA fans would even make an argument their injuries compare to the way Arizona's been decimated. It doesn't even compare. Your injuries are in the "every team has injuries" category. Come to our house with whoever your QB is on your practice squad.

Seattle is a good team, but we don't really know how good...because they've squared off against the best teams generally at their most banged up (AZ, SF, SL, PHI) and haven't fared well against the best ones that were relatively healthy (DAL, KC, SD).

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize Seattle's had a bunch of injuries all year as well, right? Our defense just got almost healthy a couple weeks ago, when we started dominating teams. Bobby Wagner proved to be a huge part of this team and he missed something like 4 or 5 games.

We haven't been lucking into wins, which "injuries being our MVP" would suggest, as if the main reason we're winning games is because other teams are hurt. Seattle is a very good football team with a whole lot of talent and great coaching. That should be apparent at this point and that's our MVP, not other teams' injuries.

On a side note, the 9ers/Hawks games are always blood baths. Nobody's feeling fresh the next day. That's a common thing for Seattle opponents. The last 8 teams we've played are 0-8 in their next game. We take a toll on your team when you play us.

Nobody is saying you have been lucking into wins. We are saying how lucky Seattle is they don't have to play us full strength. Or any other team in the division for that matter.

Sure Seattle had injuries, but nothing like AZ or the Rams.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I will make a post that will rile some of you.
Maybe it is not the football gods shining on us. If that was the case we would have the least and not the most disparity of flags thrown in the league( we were -40 in net flags thrown 3 weeks ago-haven't checked since then).
I say it is likely a result of how the team practices, conditions itself, and the age of the players. It is my guess that most of your biggest (most damaging) injuries are to your older vet players. Az has one of the older rosters in the league. Our roster is much younger.
We have been fined by the NFL for practicing too rough. Pete feels that tough practices condition the players for real time action and additionally it is part of his always COMPETE philosophy.
We have had our injuries too but few were season ending and most of our guys are back.
We were quite healthy during our Super Bowl run last year too. I say it is a result of how your team is constructed and handled throughout the year. Luck plays a part also.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont know how good the defending superbowl champions are? Good enough to be two wins from the #1 seed. I like our chances on sunday, and i wont mind hearing your lamentations.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I will make a post that will rile some of you.
Maybe it is not the football gods shining on us. If that was the case we would have the least and not the most disparity of flags thrown in the league( we were -40 in net flags thrown 3 weeks ago-haven't checked since then).
I say it is likely a result of how the team practices, conditions itself, and the age of the players. It is my guess that most of your biggest (most damaging) injuries are to your older vet players. Az has one of the older rosters in the league. Our roster is much younger.
We have been fined by the NFL for practicing too rough. Pete feels that tough practices condition the players for real time action and additionally it is part of his always COMPETE philosophy.
We have had our injuries too but few were season ending and most of our guys are back.
We were quite healthy during our Super Bowl run last year too. I say it is a result of how your team is constructed and handled throughout the year. Luck plays a part also.

Uh- your point is well received. Adversity is part of the NFL. The cardinals are an interesting team in terms of age. We have a very young team and a very old team all at the same time if that makes any sense. The injuries we have fit that mold as well. Guys like Carson Palmer and Darnell Dockett are older, but Honey Badger and Andre Ellington, are very young. Either way, I will take the Seattle penalty disparity over the Cardinal injury disparity any day of the week. The main point about the football Gods, which is ridiculous in it's own right, is simply the Seahawks are lucky because of the injuries of other teams not because of their own injuries. Wizardhawk is somebody that points that out when it benefits the Seahawks all the time.

You dont know how good the defending superbowl champions are? Good enough to be two wins from the #1 seed. I like our chances on sunday, and i wont mind hearing your lamentations.

I have no idea what point you're trying to make. Did someone say they thought the Seattle defense was not very good?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is a good team, but we don't really know how good...because they've squared off against the best teams generally at their most banged up (AZ, SF, SL, PHI) and haven't fared well against the best ones that were relatively healthy (DAL, KC, SD).

I have no idea what point you're trying to make. Did someone say they thought the Seattle defense was not very good?

Green Bay wasn't banged up week 1 and neither was Seattle, but that probably doesn't count for some reason.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a weird assumption that when a team gets flagged more than others, there is some conspiracy. There is not some law that says each team commits approximately the same number of penalties in every game. Some teams are far more disciplined than others. The Hawks have been getting flagged more for a reason, just like the Niners did when their fans complained in the AZ game (there were 1 or 2 debatable calls, but the other 11 were obvious).

Also, after you win a SB, the spotlight shines a bit more on you. People did pieces with video footage showing LOB holding and grabbing and getting away with it regularly, etc. The refs may have been cued in a bit. Is it fair? in some ways Yes, but in some ways NO, as some teams are still getting away with it.

The decimation of their rivals to injuries does not take away how good Seattle is, but how good everyone else is. A healthy Seattle could still beat a healthy AZ, SF, and St. Louis...but they could also lose and I'd put $$$ they would half the time. No way a healthy Seattle loses to Ryan Lindley and half the team on the shelf.