• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No calls for holding for 8+ games

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've posted quite a bit about this on our board, but it should be a concern for all fans of the NFL.

There hasn't been a holding call on any opponent for Dallas for 8+ games.

I know, I know... It sounds like a Cowboys' fan just going off about officiating to explain our losses. THAT'S NOT THE CASE! I know that Dallas has played less than stellar football. Our offense can't execute. Our coaches don't make adjustments at halftime, to say nothing of anywhere else in the game.

BUT... shouldn't it be a little bit disconcerting that 0 flags have been thrown for offensive holding in OVER 8 games for the opponent of the Cowboys? In the history of the league, this has NEVER happened. The closest it has ever come is not quite 3 games.

Suddenly, six teams that are averaging almost 2 offensive holds per game commit 0 holds when playing the Cowboys.

Let it be known that for the first half of the season, the Cowboys were leading the league in sacks and tackles for a loss. Let it also be known that the team this happened to also happened to be the team that was embroiled with RG on two fronts (Zeke's domestic abuse and JJ's suit against JG's contract renewal).

There are other stats that are as disconcerting: 1) Every team, with the exception of one, has been the greatest beneficiary of at least one category of penalty. That lone exception is the Dallas Cowboys. 2) Only one team is the least benefited of over 60% of all penalty categories, which has not happened since this stat began being recorded. That team is again the Dallas Cowboys.

No one wants to believe in a conspiracy. I don't either. The problem now is that the stats are hard to get around. The probability that this happens to a single team 8 games in a row is astronomical.

Run the numbers and see for yourself.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've posted quite a bit about this on our board, but it should be a concern for all fans of the NFL.

I know, I know... It sounds like a Cowboys' fan just going off about officiating to explain our losses. THAT'S NOT THE CASE! I know that Dallas has played less than stellar football. Our offense can't execute. Our coaches don't make adjustments at halftime, to say nothing of anywhere else in the game.

BUT... shouldn't it be a little bit disconcerting that 0 flags have been thrown for offensive holding in OVER 8 games for the opponent of the Cowboys? In the history of the league, this has NEVER happened. The closest it has ever come is not quite 3 games.

Suddenly, six teams that are averaging almost 2 offensive holds per game commit 0 holds when playing the Cowboys.

Let it be known that for the first half of the season, the Cowboys were leading the league in sacks and tackles for a loss. Let it also be known that the team this happened to also happened to be the team that was embroiled with RG on two fronts (Zeke's domestic abuse and JJ's suit against JG's contract renewal).

There are other stats that are as disconcerting: 1) Every team, with the exception of one, has been the greatest beneficiary of at least one category of penalty. That lone exception is the Dallas Cowboys. 2) Only one team is the least benefited of over 60% of all penalty categories, which has not happened since this stat began being recorded. That team is again the Dallas Cowboys.

No one wants to believe in a conspiracy. I don't either. The problem now is that the stats are hard to get around. The probability that this happens to a single team 8 games in a row is astronomical.

Officiating throughout the league has gotten worse. Just hope the team can battle through them.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:suds: Here's to hoping it continues tomorrow night:hope:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh meanwhile if a Seattle O-Lineman sneezes a holding penalty is called. Just coincidence. Dallas has also played some decent O-Lines in the last several games which might account for something. I'm sure once Dallas plays Seattle there will be 30 O-Line holding penalties to catch you up.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Cowboy fans far and wide, gnash their teeth and twist in the wind, Mr. Goodell leans back in his oversized leather chair high atop NFL HQ, draws a deep puff from his cigar, and laughs full-throatedly as he pets his long-haired white kitty named Percy.

"You cannot destroy me, Jerry, you only strengthen my will! You and your fans will bend at the knee before my all-encompassing Commissioner's powers! How 'bout them Cowboys, indeed!! A'HAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAA.... "

Zozl_f-maxage-0.gif

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a well known fact that when playing the Cowboys, your offense should hold like crazy. The refs are focused on all the antics the Dallas D is doing.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. So the league hates the Eagles, Cowboys and Seahawks. Did I get that right?

If any fans of other teams want to go back and come up some penalty stats to place a conspiracy against your team, now’s the time. It seems to be the trend.

Officiating sucks across the board so stop thinking it’s a conspiracy against your team, suck it up and deal with it.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#fakenews.

Watch Dallas Cowboys vs. Atlanta Falcons [11/12/2017] - NFL.com

3-8-DAL 25 (2:00) 26-T.Coleman left end for 25 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on ATL-12-M.Sanu, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at DAL 24.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#fakenews.

Watch Dallas Cowboys vs. Atlanta Falcons [11/12/2017] - NFL.com

3-8-DAL 25 (2:00) 26-T.Coleman left end for 25 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on ATL-12-M.Sanu, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at DAL 24.

28 minutes and 9 posts....Time!

Henceforth and until other-wise noted. 28 minutes and 9 posts will stand as the official time of the new Hoop and world record for utterly destroying OPs containing any and all of the following.

Fake news
Bullshit trying to be passed off as serious shit
Outright lies

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And we had almost 30 penalties in 2 games against us ... So the refs can be wildly inconsistent .... I think it's ok for fans to point that out, fans gotta unite as one when it comes to bad refs, because if we sit back and always call each other cry babies the league can get away with it and not be held accountable... I have no problem with you pointing that out...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we had almost 30 penalties in 2 games against us ... So the refs can be wildly inconsistent .... I think it's ok for fans to point that out, fans gotta unite as one when it comes to bad refs, because if we sit back and always call each other cry babies the league can get away with it and not be held accountable... I have no problem with you pointing that out...
actually last time I checked the hawks are way above other teams in penalties, they could be a horribly coached team. However I lean towards flat out crappy ass refs. In every game it seems to be either way too many BS penalties, or........ next to no penalties at all. No matter how many are happening.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. So the league hates the Eagles, Cowboys and Seahawks. Did I get that right?

If any fans of other teams want to go back and come up some penalty stats to place a conspiracy against your team, now’s the time. It seems to be the trend.

Officiating sucks across the board so stop thinking it’s a conspiracy against your team, suck it up and deal with it.

I think refs get the memo on players and certain teams and they might call things tighter against them, I"m not saying it's just the Seahawks either... But it sure seems like some games they just start calling things incredibly tight for whatever reason, and then some games they just let um play physical the whole game...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually last time I checked the hawks are way above other teams in penalties, they could be a horribly coached team. However I lean towards flat out crappy ass refs. In every game it seems to be either way too many BS penalties, or........ next to no penalties at all. No matter how many are happening.

True...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm sure the NFL would just hate having it's most popular, profitable and marketable franchise being successful.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not poor officiating. It's an impossible sport to call perfectly. It's utter chaos out there. Especially at the NFL level. They do a helluva job keeping up with it as much as they do.

There's 7 refs (usually middle aged dudes) who are trying to monitor 22 speeding behemoth's on an individual basis, flying around at 100 MPH and smashing into each other at full speed. Doing so over a field radius of what? 30x50 yards on an average play? Beating the living hell out of each other, in 5 second bursts?

Holy shit, what they accomplish is amazing.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
28 minutes and 9 posts....Time!

Henceforth and until other-wise noted. 28 minutes and 9 posts will stand as the official time of the new Hoop and world record for utterly destroying OPs containing any and all of the following.

Fake news
Bullshit trying to be passed off as serious shit
Outright lies

change your panties

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owners a douchebag

Math adds up