• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL West Talk

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Padres fans don’t like that their team basically sucks

Giants fans stayed home this last time Saturday and Sunday....now the Padres slaughtered them (Giants scored 5 runs in four games)....but The Dodger fans traditionally max out Petco Park...we will see next month when the Dodgers come....if the Padres win the first two games, want to bet the Dodgers' Fans skip the Saturday night game here?

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to Earth....for now....interestingly enough, there is a ground swell of calls for Andy Green to be fired for his lack of field management skills...

upload_2019-4-24_14-39-43.png

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona coming off an impressive 8-2 road trip that included sweeps of Atlanta and Pittsburgh.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its sad to see what has happened to Buster Posey. Once so good, its hard to watch him flailing away pitifully at the plate nowwith no chance of success. Catching has really taken its toll on his body.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants doing better than I was expecting. But they are still a chore to watch. There is absolutely zero reason to watch them for the next couple years.

Not fun baseball in the slightest.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prospect Espinoza undergoes 2nd TJ surgery

man that sucks. hopefully he can still carve out a successful major league career, but he's got a very tough path at this point.
The Padres aren't short on pitching prospects, but Espinoza has ace potential. Injuries can unfortunately slow down or end any young players career, hopefully he can recover from this and reach that potential or at least reach the majors and become a key part of the team in a few years.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to Earth....for now....interestingly enough, there is a ground swell of calls for Andy Green to be fired for his lack of field management skills...

View attachment 203372
How much longer are we going to put up with Kinsler at 2nd base? Might as well put Luis Urias back there at this point. I don't see Kinsler suddenly becoming this awesome offensive threat. Better to give Urias the experience.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had low expectations this year for the Giants. A couple of free agent signings is not going to change the fortunes of this team. Management talked about competing while reloading but it was PR more than anything. Baseball isn't like basketball where one star can make a difference between making the playoffs and not making the playoffs. The current group has run its course and the team needs a rebuild. It is going to take time.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think, if the Rockies didn't completely blow the start of the year they'd actually be in good position to compete with LA right now for 1st place. Instead of 8.5 games back and barely 1 game above .500.

Who would've thought that starting 3-12 would be hard to come back from.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zaidi 'surprised' by extent of Giants lineup struggles

Not me; not at all. Its the worst lineup in baseball. There is not one hitter on the team that you have to game plan for. It concerns me though that Zaidi did not see this. Doesn't say much for his skill as a talent evaluator.

I am not surprised at all. This has been an issue going back a couple of years. I imagine Zaidi is well aware of this but unlike basketball where one star can turn around a team's fortunes, there are no quick fixes. I think the days of spending big to pick up a hitter in free agency for this team are past. I am not all that familiar with what the Giants have in their farm system but they need to get their farm system to start turning out players for the future. It is going to take time to get this turned around. I don't think anyone on the current roster should be untouchable for the right price.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not surprised at all. This has been an issue going back a couple of years. I imagine Zaidi is well aware of this but unlike basketball where one star can turn around a team's fortunes, there are no quick fixes. I think the days of spending big to pick up a hitter in free agency for this team are past. I am not all that familiar with what the Giants have in their farm system but they need to get their farm system to start turning out players for the future. It is going to take time to get this turned around. I don't think anyone on the current roster should be untouchable for the right price.
Exactly what I was thinking. But supposedly, they did make an effort to sign that clown from the Nationals this year. He's a big name.