• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners - Packers

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad Pass Interference call

Another terrible Pass Interference

Officials are the best part of Green Bays offense in the first half
And another one but of 3 it was most likely the right call. Warner never turned his head and tugged on the jersey.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst performance I've ever seen from the 49ers O Line.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are gonna win this, I have a feeling

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone tell our defense in that situation you have to lay on the offensive player. You wait for the official to tell you to get up. We could have easily ate up those 3 seconds and not allowed Green Bay to get that spike.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IMO the game was decided on the poor performance of the offense in the 1st half. Yes, there were other factors and questionable penalties, but the offense needs to do better. Lance will eventually make it better, but we can't force him before he's capable.

Next, the D-line was expected to wreak havoc, especially Bosa on their 3rd string LT. While the D-line did do some good things, they didn't "take over the game". Thus , Rodgers was able to throw those deep passes.

JG had a "below average" game, seems like half the time it was a GOOD catch vice good throw.

They HAVE to move on from GB because the West games are up next. We fans will dwell on this lost for the entire week, but the 49ers need to move on.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
JMHO at the end of the game, because we needed a TD vice FG, we had to score the TD first and not milk the clock. Because in that situation you can't work the clock down thinking don't leave Rodgers any time. The priority is to score the TD because it isn't a 'given', things can go wrong for sure.

Allowing them to get the game winning FG is another issue, a defensive issue. You shouldn't allow ANY QB to complete two passes like that?! Whether it is pressure, LB's getting deeper, DB's being able to swat the ball, or putting in DB's vice LBs, doubling Adams, that shouldn't happen.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here's a good description of the defensive issue in the last 37 seconds. That first pass to Adams for 25 yards, shouldn't have been that easy.

On the first play of the drive, the 49ers rushed four, meaning seven players were in coverage. The first play call was well-placed as there should've been at least one defender on all five of the Green Bay receivers. On the far side, Deommodore Lenoir had Allen Lazard covered well with Jaquiski Tartt helping as the deep safety. In the flat, Azeez Al-Shair was in coverage on Robert Tonyan, mitigating any gain should Rodgers have chosen to throw there. Then, on the other side, Dontae Johnson had the short coverage in his zone, while Emmanuel Moseley covered the boundary, with Jimmie Ward helping as the deep safety on the inside.

So, if players were almost all in position, why did the play result in a catch?

Well, Fred Warner's responsibility was the middle of the field, and he should've ran with Randall Cobb on his streak, then settled across the middle of the field deeper down where Davante Adams ended up catching the football. Had Warner done that, Rodgers would've had to force a throw in, or take a short-yardage play with the clock rolling. Instead, since Warner wasn't deep enough, Adams found a soft spot in between the linebackers and the safeties for a huge 25 yard gain.

Then, on the second play of the drive, excluding a spike, Rodgers threw a wobbly incompletion, intended for Adams once more, which was the best outcome, since Adams was still in bounds.

On the second completion to Davante Adams, the 49ers should've called timeout, as Jimmie Ward wasn't in place yet, compromising a player in a crucial situation when the time wasn't ticking.

On this play, however, the play call was a poor one, as the 49ers showed a soft coverage front, yet again, in a short field when the Packers needed just 15 yards for a field goal attempt. The safeties, Talanoa Hufanga and Jaquiski Tartt, both were set at the 35-yard line and backed up to the 25-yard line, which is inexcusable in a situation where the Packers needed yardage in the 15-yard range.

On top of that, Deommodore Lenoir, the cornerback in coverage of Davante Adams, was almost ten yards away when the ball was snapped, giving the All-Pro receiver ample space to operate and run the proper route. It was also inexcusable that Fred Warner was set up almost at the line of scrimmage, rather than in a coverage standpoint, which was amplified with Jimmie Ward not being in place.

While the 49ers wanted to give the blitz look towards Green Bay, the defensive scheme left the middle of the field wide open, even though there was enough time for one play before spiking the football.

Deommodore Lenoir played his role for the most part on this play, despite the playcall, as he covered the boundary, forcing Adams to the inside. However, the safety covering the inside, Talanoa Hufanga, was almost ten yards behind Adams as the throw was released, leaving him wide open to make the catch.

That coverage cannot happen under any circumstances with the game on the line, and will be an aspect that needs to improve in future games.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the game was decided on the poor performance of the offense in the 1st half. Yes, there were other factors and questionable penalties, but the offense needs to do better. Lance will eventually make it better, but we can't force him before he's capable.

Next, the D-line was expected to wreak havoc, especially Bosa on their 3rd string LT. While the D-line did do some good things, they didn't "take over the game". Thus , Rodgers was able to throw those deep passes.

JG had a "below average" game, seems like half the time it was a GOOD catch vice good throw.

They HAVE to move on from GB because the West games are up next. We fans will dwell on this lost for the entire week, but the 49ers need to move on.
Well, he did lead them to the game-winning TD with 37 seconds left. Not on him that the defense couldn't hold for 37 seconds with GB having no time outs. That said, its not as easy as it would seem for a defense in that situation when the opposition only needs a field goal. You can't let anyone behind you and if you lay back, they advance down the field in chunks.
Also, in Garoppolo's defense, I only watched the 4th quarter but I've never seen the O Line play that poorly, both in the run game and especially the pass protection.
That pass where Warner failed to drop into coverage properly was inexcusable and not knowing that you have to lay on the guy for a few seconds after the tackle shows how poorly prepared our DBs are.
In my opinion, a number of things contributed to this loss but I put it squarely on the coaching. Just a general lack of awareness and preparation on both sides of the ball.
Lastly, at least we aren't Kansas City

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JMHO at the end of the game, because we needed a TD vice FG, we had to score the TD first and not milk the clock. Because in that situation you can't work the clock down thinking don't leave Rodgers any time. The priority is to score the TD because it isn't a 'given', things can go wrong for sure.

Allowing them to get the game winning FG is another issue, a defensive issue. You shouldn't allow ANY QB to complete two passes like that?! Whether it is pressure, LB's getting deeper, DB's being able to swat the ball, or putting in DB's vice LBs, doubling Adams, that shouldn't happen.
Every scenario comes back to poor preparedness and that falls on the coaches

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a good description of the defensive issue in the last 37 seconds. That first pass to Adams for 25 yards, shouldn't have been that easy.

On the first play of the drive, the 49ers rushed four, meaning seven players were in coverage. The first play call was well-placed as there should've been at least one defender on all five of the Green Bay receivers. On the far side, Deommodore Lenoir had Allen Lazard covered well with Jaquiski Tartt helping as the deep safety. In the flat, Azeez Al-Shair was in coverage on Robert Tonyan, mitigating any gain should Rodgers have chosen to throw there. Then, on the other side, Dontae Johnson had the short coverage in his zone, while Emmanuel Moseley covered the boundary, with Jimmie Ward helping as the deep safety on the inside.

So, if players were almost all in position, why did the play result in a catch?

Well, Fred Warner's responsibility was the middle of the field, and he should've ran with Randall Cobb on his streak, then settled across the middle of the field deeper down where Davante Adams ended up catching the football. Had Warner done that, Rodgers would've had to force a throw in, or take a short-yardage play with the clock rolling. Instead, since Warner wasn't deep enough, Adams found a soft spot in between the linebackers and the safeties for a huge 25 yard gain.

Then, on the second play of the drive, excluding a spike, Rodgers threw a wobbly incompletion, intended for Adams once more, which was the best outcome, since Adams was still in bounds.

On the second completion to Davante Adams, the 49ers should've called timeout, as Jimmie Ward wasn't in place yet, compromising a player in a crucial situation when the time wasn't ticking.

On this play, however, the play call was a poor one, as the 49ers showed a soft coverage front, yet again, in a short field when the Packers needed just 15 yards for a field goal attempt. The safeties, Talanoa Hufanga and Jaquiski Tartt, both were set at the 35-yard line and backed up to the 25-yard line, which is inexcusable in a situation where the Packers needed yardage in the 15-yard range.

On top of that, Deommodore Lenoir, the cornerback in coverage of Davante Adams, was almost ten yards away when the ball was snapped, giving the All-Pro receiver ample space to operate and run the proper route. It was also inexcusable that Fred Warner was set up almost at the line of scrimmage, rather than in a coverage standpoint, which was amplified with Jimmie Ward not being in place.

While the 49ers wanted to give the blitz look towards Green Bay, the defensive scheme left the middle of the field wide open, even though there was enough time for one play before spiking the football.

Deommodore Lenoir played his role for the most part on this play, despite the playcall, as he covered the boundary, forcing Adams to the inside. However, the safety covering the inside, Talanoa Hufanga, was almost ten yards behind Adams as the throw was released, leaving him wide open to make the catch.

That coverage cannot happen under any circumstances with the game on the line, and will be an aspect that needs to improve in future games.
Coaching and lack of preparedness again

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, he did lead them to the game-winning TD with 37 seconds left. Not on him that the defense couldn't hold for 37 seconds with GB having no time outs. That said, its not as easy as it would seem for a defense in that situation when the opposition only needs a field goal. You can't let anyone behind you and if you lay back, they advance down the field in chunks.
Also, in Garoppolo's defense, I only watched the 4th quarter but I've never seen the O Line play that poorly, both in the run game and especially the pass protection.
That pass where Warner failed to drop into coverage properly was inexcusable and not knowing that you have to lay on the guy for a few seconds after the tackle shows how poorly prepared our DBs are.
In my opinion, a number of things contributed to this loss but I put it squarely on the coaching. Just a general lack of awareness and preparation on both sides of the ball.
Lastly, at least we aren't Kansas City
First, I said had the OFFENSE played better played in the 1st half, it shouldn't have come down to scoring a TD with 37 seconds left.

Second, the part about JG was for him over the entire game, one last TD doesn't make the grade. He is part of that offense playing poorly in the 1st half. BTW - even on that last drive, what a catch by Deebo as opposed to good pass by JG. Over the entire game, seemed like half of his completions were good catches, as opposed to good passes.

Coaching had a few questionalbe things but i wouldn't say "squarely on the coaching".

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I said had the OFFENSE played better played in the 1st half, it shouldn't have come down to scoring a TD with 37 seconds left.

Second, the part about JG was for him over the entire game, one last TD doesn't make the grade. He is part of that offense playing poorly in the 1st half. BTW - even on that last drive, what a catch by Deebo as opposed to good pass by JG. Over the entire game, seemed like half of his completions were good catches, as opposed to good passes.

Coaching had a few questionalbe things but i wouldn't say "squarely on the coaching".
We are you so defensive all the time. You seem to always think your opinions are being attacked. Seems a little weird.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Every scenario comes back to poor preparedness and that falls on the coaches
Not necessarily.

Don't know what happened but if Demeco 'coached' Warner to drop deep but he didn't, is that on Coaching? That would be poor execution by the player. Again, not saying which way on that play, because we don't know what was coached? Am saying not necessarily on coaching.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We are you so defensive all the time. You seem to always think your opinions are being attacked. Seems a little weird.
It isn't being defensive, it is clarification.

If you miss it, then i have to clarify. :-)

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't being defensive, it is clarification.

If you miss it, then i have to clarify. :-)
Fair enough but I didn't miss it in my opinion, just a difference of opinion

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack and Brunskill got killed out there. I've never seen Mack get repeatedly beaten like that.

If the secondary and defense in general doesn't play any better than that next week, the Seahawks will blow us out of the building.

Was it just me or did we not run much of the outside zone in that game? It seemed like all of the running plays were between the tackles.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mack and Brunskill got killed out there. I've never seen Mack get repeatedly beaten like that.

If the secondary and defense in general doesn't play any better than that next week, the Seahawks will blow us out of the building.

Was it just me or did we not run much of the outside zone in that game? It seemed like all of the running plays were between the tackles.
Yes, the interior O-line didn't play consistently enough. We expected the 49ers to be better in the trenches, but the opposite was true.

I don't blame the secondary on all of those deep throws, it isn't easy covering Adams in space. The issue was lack of pass rush, which was supposed to prevent these long throws. Bosa didn't dominate the LT like we expected.

Yes, they didn't run way outside because only Mostest is good at it. Sermon doesn't look like he can even go just outside the OT? As Grant Cohn says along with his guests, this run game can be held down because they know nothing is over the top. It can be held down knowing these RB's can't go way outside.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the interior O-line didn't play consistently enough. We expected the 49ers to be better in the trenches, but the opposite was true.

I don't blame the secondary on all of those deep throws, it isn't easy covering Adams in space. The issue was lack of pass rush, which was supposed to prevent these long throws. Bosa didn't dominate the LT like we expected.

Yes, they didn't run way outside because only Mostest is good at it. Sermon doesn't look like he can even go just outside the OT? As Grant Cohn says along with his guests, this run game can be held down because they know nothing is over the top. It can be held down knowing these RB's can't go way outside.
Not looking good. If we can't cover Adams imagine what Lockett and Metcalf will do to us.