• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niemis Mask & Brian Hayward

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can some explain to me what the brown things are on Niemis mask? Ive been trying to figure it out for awhile and still have no clue what they are suppose to be. Thanks

Also, old school question, I was looking thru some old pictures I have of Brian Hayward. Did he wear 2 different shark mouth masks in SJ? All the pictures of just the mask (not in game) have a more greyish, better looking shark with the armidillo logo at the bottom, but all the in game pictures have a teal shark with no logo and the teeth wrap around the sides and dont look like the teeth on the greyish one. Theres also a picture I found with the teal shark with blood dripping off the teeth...

Did he ever wear the Grey armidillo shark in game? It looked so much better then the teal shark that I see in the ingame pics...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can some explain to me what the brown things are on Niemis mask? Ive been trying to figure it out for awhile and still have no clue what they are suppose to be. Thanks

Pollok addressed this in one of his blogs. I believe it spells out something in Finnish but I don't recall what exactly.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The armadillo logo is actually the manufacturer. And Hayward realy never played with the sharks because of his back. Plus he is a scum bag ducks announcer, I don't like him ll

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The armadillo logo is actually the manufacturer. And Hayward realy never played with the sharks because of his back. Plus he is a scum bag ducks announcer, I don't like him ll

His claim to fame as the Dooks’ broadcaster is giving one of the 3 stars to a Dook in any blowout home loss. He has about as much credibility as Heatley has heart.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LikeWall im sure he wore all 3 or 4 different versions of his mask in game, alot of goalie's get new paint schemes done every month. And with all the subtle changes its hard to tell sometimes.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LikeWall im sure he wore all 3 or 4 different versions of his mask in game, alot of goalie's get new paint schemes done every month. And with all the subtle changes its hard to tell sometimes.

True, and I know armadillo was the manufacturer. I think those masks were made for guys with HUGE heads. They were like tanks back in the day haha...
I actually have a replica paint job of it on a mask that my dad got me when I was little and I brought in the card from the Pinnacle "masks" series for the artist to paint it, and when I picked up I was upset cause the mask was teal and the picture I gave was the grey one. I asked the guy why it was a different color and he showed me the smaller pic on the back of the card (him wearing the teal shark) and was like I thought this one looked better haha