• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NHL Expansion to Seattle 2014-15 ???

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch 10h The short of it is: I'm hearing that the NHL Commish is encouraging the board of governors to make an expansion team available to Seattle

mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch 10h If approved, the new expansion Seattle NHL club would cost approximately $275M. It would begin playing here in the 2014-2015 season

mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch 10h All of this contingent upon 1) a solid ownership coming forward and buying the team and 2) the new arena staying on track to be built

mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch 10h The ownership group that was interested in buying the Phoenix franchise remains in play here, amongst others.

mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch 10h The current MOU would undoubtedly need to be tweeked to keep the arena on track

mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch 10h Not exactly certain the MOU tweeking resolution that would be agreeable to both sides but I've heard a handful of ideas that sound plausible

mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch 10h This is really good news all the way around because if we can somehow get the building started, whatever the level of NBA uncertainty that..

mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch 10h ..currently exists would go away - making this an even stronger landing spot for a new NBA team.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the Seattle Metropolitans won't be playing in the Metropolitan division?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an aside, good to see Mitch Levy is still on KJR, he was a funny morning guy when I was working in Seattle about 12 years ago.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an aside, good to see Mitch Levy is still on KJR, he was a funny morning guy when I was working in Seattle about 12 years ago.

You lived in America, Dash? I hope you minded your u's and re's while here. ;)

That is a slew of great news about Seattle!

The division realignment makes a lot more sense if they had designs on a team in Seattle. Though why they are talking expansion rather than relocation of Phoenix is beyond me.

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see this Happen, I think 32 teams is the way to go. Obviously you would need 1 more then

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would love seattle to have a team the road trips would be so much fun

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lived in America, Dash? I hope you minded your u's and re's while here. ;)

That is a slew of great news about Seattle!

The division realignment makes a lot more sense if they had designs on a team in Seattle. Though why they are talking expansion rather than relocation of Phoenix is beyond me.

glendale is a done deal ... alledgedly ... they are staying ... alledgedly ... ownership change approved by NHL BOG ... alledgedly

/Mitch Levy also was the one who said that when Glendale was deciding on whether to acept the new lease terms with the new onwership group in late June / Early July, Paul Allen swooped in undercover (visualize that) and put a last minute offer to the NHL to buy the Coyotes and move them to the Rose Garden in Portland for next season

in that "decision week" Portland was closer to having an NHL team than Seattle

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see this Happen, I think 32 teams is the way to go. Obviously you would need 1 more then

A second team in Toronto (to play at the new arena in Markham) - Expansion fees probably would be 1/2 a billion dollars.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A second team in Toronto (to play at the new arena in Markham) - Expansion fees probably would be 1/2 a billion dollars.

I agree but do you think a new ownership group in Toronto would be ok paying that much when seattle would "only" be paying 275 shmill in the same round of expansion?

could we see a Seattle & Portland expansion? ... PLUS a Toronto & Quebec City expansion a couple years after that???

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but do you think a new ownership group in Toronto would be ok paying that much when seattle would "only" be paying 275 shmill in the same round of expansion?

could we see a Seattle & Portland expansion? ... PLUS a Toronto & Quebec City expansion a couple years after that???

Maybe the Canucks could bring home the hockey version of the Cascadia Cup?

/The only thing I worry about (and we've discussed it before) is would people in Seattle and Portland be willing to shell out the money for NHL tickets.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Canucks could bring home the hockey version of the Cascadia Cup?

/The only thing I worry about (and we've discussed it before) is would people in Seattle and Portland be willing to shell out the money for NHL tickets.

and i still dont think they would in either Cascadia market ... bro&sis-in-law live down there and hockey is so far off the radar its not funny

but expanding by 4 NHL teams and waiting on expanding into 2 hockey hotbeds would be the very NHL thing to do

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle should name their NHL team the Seattle Vedders, and jack the Canucks flying V jerseys

:think:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle should name their NHL team the Seattle Vedders, and jack the Canucks flying V jerseys

Rumor has it they would have a very aggressive offensive style.

one, two, three, four, five against one
five, five, against one
said one, two, three, four, five against one
five, five...five, five...five against one

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it they would have a very aggressive offensive style.

one, two, three, four, five against one
five, five, against one
said one, two, three, four, five against one
five, five...five, five...five against one

I swear I recognize that style ... haunting ... familiar yet ... I cant seem to place it

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattle Smoke-Eaters (Smokies) - Have Justin Smoak drop the puck at the first game
Seattle Pilots - Nice tribute to Boeing, Pilots vs Jets could be fun.
Seattle Totems
Seattle "Keep your damn hands off our milk" Borders

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They better keep with the tradition of bizarre Pacific Northwest Color schemes, get some neon green/yellow in there, maybe some sort of totem pole/indian reference. Don't let me down future owner.