• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Playoffs Discussion .. Who Will You Be Rooting For To Win, To Lose ?

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's 49ers and Chiefs again. I hope the 49ers don't screw this up. Again.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I did not have a good day today. Seeing the Chiefs win again was painful. Also, really wanted the Lions to pull it off and they were well on their way before the 49er's decided to show up.

Super Bowl Sunday though: Go 9'ers!!!

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I did not have a good day today. Seeing the Chiefs win again was painful. Also, really wanted the Lions to pull it off and they were well on their way before the 49er's decided to show up.

Super Bowl Sunday though: Go 9'ers!!!
Yeah, always sucks to see the Chiefs (or any AFC West rival) win. Also I was rooting for the Lions, but I'm not heartbroken about that outcome. I do hope the Niners destroy the Chiefs.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both team lost games more than the other team won games today.
lucky bounce for SF was a game changer
Ravens had too many PF penalties.
Lamar came up small. KCs D will smother Purdy. KC by 7.

Cambell should have tried for 3 to tie the game.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick is the best QB i’ve seen.
16 of the last 19 super bowl winners have worn white.
like the Chiefs in the big game.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both team lost games more than the other team won games today.
lucky bounce for SF was a game changer
Ravens had too many PF penalties.
Lamar came up small. KCs D will smother Purdy. KC by 7.

Cambell should have tried for 3 to tie the game.
My honest assessment. A lotta that Ravens loss had to do with losing their composure. Some dumb frustration penalties contributed to their demise...

But I'll certainly take the win...

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My honest assessment. A lotta that Ravens loss had to do with losing their composure. Some dumb frustration penalties contributed to their demise...

But I'll certainly take the win...
yes the 3 points at the end of the half was all PI
Chiefs shutout in the 2nd half though if Mahomes needed a FG to win at the end no one better.

the lions had 6 simple plays to make any one of them may have won the game for them including downing a perfect punt late.

Baltimore disappointed me. not enough respect for KCs D

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes the 3 points at the end of the half was all PI
Chiefs shutout in the 2nd half though if Mahomes needed a FG to win at the end no one better.

the lions had 6 simple plays to make any one of them may have won the game for them including downing a perfect punt late.

Baltimore disappointed me. not enough respect for KCs D
I understand somewhat the analytics angle, but there are some instances it just doesn't work. Especially when you're taking big chances in a playoff game. The decision to not take those to tries at FG's will definitely be something they think about all off-season...

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand somewhat the analytics angle, but there are some instances it just doesn't work. Especially when you're taking big chances in a playoff game. The decision to not take those to tries at FG's will definitely be something they think about all off-season...
cant run it on 3rd down and blow a timeout and force a on side kick. worst coaching decision in a while. too many points not taken when the points may get you to where you want to go. the super bowl. not the 3rd seed which is what analytics do for you.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about the Lions just to be clear...

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens came up small and immature. As much as it pains me to say the Chiefs just had the winners DNA yesterday and the Ravens didn't.

The Lions second half defensive adjustments doomed them as much as any go for it decision. They completely stifled the 9ers in the first half yet changed up the scheme in the second half and got run all over. That plus some fortunate bounces led to the 9ers win. Purdy made some great plays with his legs, more than Lamar did for the Ravens which was odd to see.

Go 9ers. Odd they are favored to me though. You just can't count out a Mahomes team.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens came up small and immature. As much as it pains me to say the Chiefs just had the winners DNA yesterday and the Ravens didn't.

The Lions second half defensive adjustments doomed them as much as any go for it decision. They completely stifled the 9ers in the first half yet changed up the scheme in the second half and got run all over. That plus some fortunate bounces led to the 9ers win. Purdy made some great plays with his legs, more than Lamar did for the Ravens which was odd to see.

Go 9ers. Odd they are favored to me though. You just can't count out a Mahomes team.
I’ll admit I didn’t get to watch the second half of the game because I was taking my kids home. But I agree with this assessment. In the first half, the Chiefs had the composure and body language of a team that knew it was going to win. The Ravens did not.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back at a decision or one play in a game, and assuming that one instance, decision, opportunity, etc can be plucked from the entire picture doesn't really add up ..

These plays and bad decisions are not alone, out on an island, separate from the rest of the game

If a FG is missed in the 2nd quarter, and that team loses by two points, it is pointless to say "oh, they would have won had they hit that FG"

No, it doesn;t work that way

Every call that is made by the coaches is a call based on what has happened previous ...

A team could be up by 10 and be playing to run down the clock as their main focus ... if that team is up by 3, the strategy changes ...

KC may not have had the record or the seemingly dominating wins this season as Baltimore did, but KC is the better team .. A better HC, a QB that is in a different category, and - most importantly - a team cohesion and mentality that seems unshakable in the biggest spotlight ..

The day Lamar Jackson and the Ravens get to the SB, I will eat this laptop .. it ain't happening .. ever

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back at a decision or one play in a game, and assuming that one instance, decision, opportunity, etc can be plucked from the entire picture doesn't really add up ..

These plays and bad decisions are not alone, out on an island, separate from the rest of the game

If a FG is missed in the 2nd quarter, and that team loses by two points, it is pointless to say "oh, they would have won had they hit that FG"

No, it doesn;t work that way

Every call that is made by the coaches is a call based on what has happened previous ...

A team could be up by 10 and be playing to run down the clock as their main focus ... if that team is up by 3, the strategy changes ...

KC may not have had the record or the seemingly dominating wins this season as Baltimore did, but KC is the better team .. A better HC, a QB that is in a different category, and - most importantly - a team cohesion and mentality that seems unshakable in the biggest spotlight ..

The day Lamar Jackson and the Ravens get to the SB, I will eat this laptop .. it ain't happening .. ever
is it pointless to say losing by 7 and fumbling on the 1 inch line with 14 minutes to go down by 10 is just a play considering KC failed to score at all in the 2nd half.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it pointless to say losing by 7 and fumbling on the 1 inch line with 14 minutes to go down by 10 is just a play considering KC failed to score at all in the 2nd half.
Possibly not, but we'll never know. Again, admitting I didn't get to see the second half, but from what I did see that Chiefs team has some composure. I don't like the Chiefs anymore than the next guy on this board, but there is just something about the way they carried themselves in that game that made it very clear to me they were the better team.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back in hindsight is pointless because, had the Ravens scored on that play, KC would have approached the remainder of the game differently ..

Without those points on the board for the Ravens, it becomes a different strategy

Personally, I don;t think it is completely accurate to view a 3 point loss much differently than a 10 point loss as the strategy is to be ahead on the scoreboard when the 4th quarter ends

An extreme example is how the Cowboys dolled up the score in their embarrassing loss to GB ... that game was completely one sided, and it wasn;t until GB pulled their starters that the Cowboys looked like an NFL team .. It would be ridiculous to view that game as one that the Cowboys could have won given two more possessions or a few completed passed ...

As much as it seems against my nature to say as a Bronco fan, KC deserved that game and showed they are the better team