• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL players not standing for the flag ?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will not watch a 49ers game at this point I seen some burp of more doing it ..did not read it ... But if this gets worse I will not watch the NFL .

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap's an idiot. I could at least respect his right to have his opinion if he were consistent. But protesting "oppression" while walking around in a Fidel Castro shirt makes him a grade-A idiot and I have no respect at all for him or anyone else who fails the consistency test. Still, as a service member I am not offended by his actions. I serve so everyone can have an opinion, even those I disagree with. I'll not let his actions ruin the season for me.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't let an idiot two ruin your NFL experience. There are more players standing for the anthem then not.

Kaep may not dress soon enough anyway as he might get the RG3 experience of last year. Sitting him ready to cut him not wanting to get him hurt so his contract isn't owed more money.

He is a doozey. I understand "voicing your concern" but I don't understand why he chose to do it in this way. Personally, I think the guys career is headed south and he wants a little attention and it is only gonna make things worse for him from a professional level. I know there is a problem and I can understand the frustration, but this is the wrong way to do it. Just IMO. From what I understand his teammates already can't stand the guy.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap's an idiot. I could at least respect his right to have his opinion if he were consistent. But protesting "oppression" while walking around in a Fidel Castro shirt makes him a grade-A idiot and I have no respect at all for him or anyone else who fails the consistency test. Still, as a service member I am not offended by his actions. I serve so everyone can have an opinion, even those I disagree with. I'll not let his actions ruin the season for me.

Oh yeah and thank you for serving. I didn't know you were in the service.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is pretty much the sentiment I have heard from veterans. It's two fold. First he has a right to protest and all the veterans have said the same thing: they have no issue with Kap sitting. Then you get to what he is protesting and that is where it gets fuzzy.

Thank you for your service. If you are ever in Denver during a home game, look me up you can have my extra seat if still available.

Denver has upped the price on marquee games this year (CAR, TEX, NE) and decreased the price on preseason games .

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thank you for your service, sir.

RavensNation2158

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone at work told me yesterday that he converted religions about a year ago - thus the beard and new hairdo. Not sure if it is true or what it might have to do with him sitting, but might explain his weird behavior over the past year or so.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I applaud Kaepernick for taking a stand and doing something ( albeit misguided ) about a very serious issue, I see it as almost a throwing in of the towel ..

The greatness of this country, IMHO, is powered by the individual - the idea that one person and their own will and desire can succeed ..

By taking a knee, Kaep is basically saying that he -and those who agree with him on murder - have no place or role here in the USA

I think an even more powerful stance would be:

Hey, this is MY country - OUR country - let's take it back because we love it

And then wear the colors of the country, and humanity, proud

Don't hand the keys over so easy Kaep

Again, I understand that he wants to make a statement ..Is his doing this for some media exposure because of his shortcomings as a QB ?? .. perhaps ..... but even though it might be misguided, I applaud an athlete who sticks his neck out a little as opposed to going out there and just promoting some product(s) ..

And at the risk of sounding too political, it probably doesn't help that we are approaching an election with two absolutely dismal candidates

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I applaud Kaepernick for taking a stand and doing something ( albeit misguided ) about a very serious issue, I see it as almost a throwing in of the towel ..

The greatness of this country, IMHO, is powered by the individual - the idea that one person and their own will and desire can succeed ..

By taking a knee, Kaep is basically saying that he -and those who agree with him on murder - have no place or role here in the USA

I think an even more powerful stance would be:

Hey, this is MY country - OUR country - let's take it back because we love it

And then wear the colors of the country, and humanity, proud

Don't hand the keys over so easy Kaep

Again, I understand that he wants to make a statement ..Is his doing this for some media exposure because of his shortcomings as a QB ?? .. perhaps ..... but even though it might be misguided, I applaud an athlete who sticks his neck out a little as opposed to going out there and just promoting some product(s) ..

And at the risk of sounding too political, it probably doesn't help that we are approaching an election with two absolutely dismal candidates

I guess what I wish in this whole situation that instead of working to divide he was doing something more to bring both sides to the table and have an open discussion about a very important topic. I am like you in I do applaud him trying to take a stand on a very controversial topic. The problem though is I don't see how anything he is doing is actually working towards resolving the issue. Heck if anything some of what he has done has worked to divide the two sides even more. Him wearing socks with pigs dressed as police officers is not exactly a great way of trying to help figure out a better solution to not having the police so worried about what is going on.

To me maybe a better way to show he is wanting to make a difference is sponsor/pay for a grant for research to be done of how better to train police officers when dealing with people of different races and mental health issues. We just had a kid from my home town shot who is autistic and panicked when a police officer started yelling at him. He is also mostly mute so he couldn't communicate to the police officer what was going on and when he started walking towards the officer the officer shot him. So again better training of recognizing maybe a mental handicap and how better to communicate to not cause an overload to the brain of someone in that situation. Simple things that can be done that can make all the difference.

And I would also tell him that while it is great he is taking a stand this problem is not going to be fixed overnight. That doesn't mean don't start now or think the problem is too big but if he really wants to help then have him get together with a mix of both police and voices for racial equality and see what they can get figured out. Until both sides are willing to come together to bring about change it is going to be very difficult for that change to actually happen.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't watch the 49ers then you also can't watch the Seahawks because they have players sitting as well.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't really bother me in the slightest. In the grand scheme of things, Kaepernick's actions have virtually no impact on me or my personal life. If he thinks he's making a difference, more power to him.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I go with WalkerBoh here. I wish everyone would show respect to the Country's symbols, but I don't feel empowered to make them respect the flag or the anthem.

I think I heard Kaep donated $1 million to this cause.

My issue with Kaep - is that he now sucks as a player. John Elway wanted to see and talk to him begins to make more sense now because he doesn't seem to be that interested in playing the game.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't watch the 49ers then you also can't watch the Seahawks because they have players sitting as well.

I will not watch any team with people sitting . does not matter . even if we play them just wont watch .

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. Trump was angry about his until someone pointed out to him the National Anthem did not start with: "Jose can you see?"