• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL...Not Patriots News

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im curious whos this great GM that will replace him
Name a GM that has never made a bad draft pick?
funny how everyone was excited when Mac was drafted
No one has ever been perfect. Belichick on the other hand has never been particularly good at drafting offensive players. He consistently hit on the defense with nearly every first round pick from Warren to Seymour to Wilfork to Hightower to Gonzalez. He hasn't done badly on the OL picking guys like Solder, Mankins. We'll never know if BB was the guy who wanted all of them or if he had an incredible scouting staff that knew what they saw and knew that they would fit with BB's defensive design.
He gets credit for drafting Brady, but Reiborn(sp?) threatened to quit if Bill didn't draft him.

Who knows who is available to be a GM? They might give Groh a shot. I don't think he's more than a Player Personnel guy right now, but who knows? How about offering Kyle Shanahan both jobs?

Here are a couple of young guys that appear ready to make the move to be a HC.

Brian Johnson: The 36-year-old quickly is ascending the NFL’s coaching ranks. He was a college coach for his entire career until Philadelphia hired him as a quarterbacks coach in 2021. After just two seasons, he was promoted to OC following the departure of Shane Steichen for the Colts head coaching job.

Brian Callahan: Callahan has been calling plays for Cincinnati since 2019, and it’s been a great partnership with the team reaching the AFC championship game each of the past two seasons. The 38-year-old started his career with the Broncos as a coaching assistant and also has coached for the Lions and Raiders.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone watch the Eagles/Chiefs last night???

Chiefs are 7-3 after the loss last night.

2 Stats that were repeatedly said last night.

1. Chiefs lead the NFL in officially dropped passes.......28. We constantly bitch about the Patriots having bad WRs. The Chiefs have traded Tyreek Hikk and Mehcam over the past two years. Marquez-Scandling was targeted three times last night and had zero receptions. One of them was a dead nuts perfect 60 yard pass that dropped completely in both hands and he literally tossed the ball against his shoulder pads and flubbed the pass completely. Oh yeah, with the Chiefs down 21-17 with 1:28 left in the game. On 4th and 25, Mahomes threw another perfect pass 27 yards to Dawson (TE) who had the ball go between both hands.

2. Chiefs average 5.3 points in the second half of all of their games in 2023.

Going into last night's game the Chiefs had the best record in the AFC. Now they are tied with the Dolphins.

The Patriots suck. I was wondering if they'd be any better with Mahomes as their QB? Or does Mac just make 'bad', much worse?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Chiefs lead the NFL in officially dropped passes.......28. We constantly bitch about the Patriots having bad WRs. The Chiefs have traded Tyreek Hikk and Mehcam over the past two years. Marquez-Scandling was targeted three times last night and had zero receptions. One of them was a dead nuts perfect 60 yard pass that dropped completely in both hands and he literally tossed the ball against his shoulder pads and flubbed the pass completely. Oh yeah, with the Chiefs down 21-17 with 1:28 left in the game. On 4th and 25, Mahomes threw another perfect pass 27 yards to Dawson (TE) who had the ball go between both hands.

Going into last night's game the Chiefs had the best record in the AFC. Now they are tied with the Dolphins.

The Patriots suck. I was wondering if they'd be any better with Mahomes as their QB? Or does Mac just make 'bad', much worse?
Or do we both have shitty WRs?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mac is in a serious suck phase of his career. He's just not a good QB. As close as they have been in so many games the past couple years, the Pats would be just as good as the Chiefs if they had Mahommes...IMHO.
Mahommes can keep plays alive with speed, quickness agility and elusiveness. He can also make accurate throws under pressure. Mac Jones cannot.

I was really hoping Bill would take Hurts in 2020 in the second round. The QB's in 2020 were obviously a far better class then 2021. Burrow, Hurts, Love, Tagovailoa, Herbert.

Not that I thought that the next years class would not be as good at the time...that shit is hindsight.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is so hard to repeat.
SB hangover is very real.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all think that the Patriots OL is bad.

The Jets will play the Dolphins tonight and yesterday they moved one OL up to the 53 man roster, released one OL and signed two free agents to the roster. Not exactly a very good way to face the Fins.

At least the Patriots OL have all been on the roster for most of the season and most have played against NFL opponents.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HC Frank Reich was fired by the Carolina Panthers yesterday.

HC Ron Rivera was informed that he will not be with the Washington Commanders in 2024.

Both teams have been mentioned as the next place for Bill Belichick.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HC Ron Rivera was informed that he will not be with the Washington Commanders in 2024.

I cannot see that happening. That's more media folly at this point.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2024 Cap Space. Changes every time a roster move is made.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot see that happening. That's more media folly at this point.
That might be. Carolina is supposedly offering him $50M a year for 5 years and complete control of the football operation.

I don't give a shit how much money you have, a quarter of a billion dollars is huge.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might be. Carolina is supposedly offering him $50M a year for 5 years and complete control of the football operation.

I don't give a shit how much money you have, a quarter of a billion dollars is huge.
1/4 of a billion?

I have not seen anything about a Carolina offer.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard this morning there could be up to a dozen coaching vacancies.

If I'm Bobby K, I'm sticking with Bill.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard this morning there could be up to a dozen coaching vacancies.

If I'm Bobby K, I'm sticking with Bill.
I honestly don't think he can. The team is a mess and BB has pretty much lost control of it. If he doesn't have the answers today, why would he have them next month? Or next March?

It's time for two things.

1. Clean out the entire staff from Grogh through the coaching staff. Might keep the training staff. Might be very selective with the scouting group.

2. Turn the operations over to Johnathan.

Giving the team to his son would start a youthful movement that would energize the team and quite possibly modernize the methodologies. A new staff would carefully pick and choose who they wanted back and have no emotion attached. Every player on this team today has a Belichian reason for being here, be it good or bad. New blood would be asking, "What can he do for me now?" They wouldn't be saying, "He's been here for five years and I drafted him in the fourth round" New guy would say, "Can he play any position as a starter?"

New blood will out to prove that he wasn't the wrong choice.

Just make sure that the new blood is not recycled old blood.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think he can. The team is a mess and BB has pretty much lost control of it.
Eagles. 25 - 20. One score.
Dolphins 24 -17. One score.
Raiders 21 - 17. One Score.
Commanders 20 - 17. One Score.
Colts 10 - 6. One Score.
Giants 10 - 7. One Score.

6 of their 9 losses have been by one score or less. Usually in the closing seconds with a chance to win. The defenses is doing their job, the offense is not. If Bill had "Lost Control" the defense would be giving up silly points. The problem is not Bill having no control over the team. The problem, as much as I was glad B'OB was coming back is OC and QB. Mac cannot pass, cannot run and cannot fake a handoff when everyone knows it's coming. Furthermore his continually seeking advice outside the team is asinine and has lowered his trade value even more than just his play. He can't be trusted.
If he doesn't have the answers today, why would he have them next month? Or next March?
Money and draft position.
It's time for two things.

1. Clean out the entire staff from Grogh through the coaching staff. Might keep the training staff. Might be very selective with the scouting group.

2. Turn the operations over to Johnathan.

Giving the team to his son would start a youthful movement that would energize the team and quite possibly modernize the methodologies. A new staff would carefully pick and choose who they wanted back and have no emotion attached. Every player on this team today has a Belichian reason for being here, be it good or bad. New blood would be asking, "What can he do for me now?" They wouldn't be saying, "He's been here for five years and I drafted him in the fourth round" New guy would say, "Can he play any position as a starter?"

New blood will out to prove that he wasn't the wrong choice.

Just make sure that the new blood is not recycled old blood.
How often did that work for the Lions? The Browns? The Raiders? The Jets? The Cardinals? And a half a dozen other teams that continually swapped HC's and still ended up picking top 5 every year?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a half a dozen other teams that continually swapped HC's and still ended up picking top 5 every year?
The Patriots are a team mired in a tar pit. You're talking about teams that have switched HC and GMs every few years if not every year. Yeah, that's a problem, but so is having one person run everything for 23 years and him not changing anything. Times have changed and BB has not. If he fires BOB, who will he bring back to take over the offense?? Josh??

Being terrified to change can be much worse than making wholesale changes.

If BB stays, Will there be any change in the defensive coaches? Will he bring back Josh? If not, what old friend will he bring back? He is not going to bring in anyone who will stand up to him or tell him that he doesn't know shit about how to run an offense. He'll find someone who he's comfortable with and can control. With Belichick staying in place, nothing will change.

This team needs to start moving into the 21st Century. Hell, I'm 3 years older than BB and I accept change much easier than he does.