• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL news thread

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just of the opinion if I didn't have a ring at Kirk's stage in his career, I'm not taking max. Those guys had rings. I completely understand Kirk getting his money from Minnesota. At this point though, what means more to you?

I could be an ass and post stuff like this all day.Screenshot_20240423_152219_Instagram.jpg

That would warrant the response I received today. Get your money Kirk.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One ring puts Kirk in the Hall of Fame. With his stats one ring would do it. Might get in anyway. That's why I was so confused when I saw the contract he signed in Atlanta.
You are not wrong in saying if he took less it would help his team. The same can be said for the other 8 or 9 QBs being paid more. That was the point I was making. No one but Brady who's wife made way more than he did gave a home team discount.

Cousins could have said I'll play for less to stay in Minnesota but instead he took the money Atlanta offered. Of course his wife is from GA and that is where they spend their off seasons.

JMO but QBs make way too much money. Like I said earlier, if the QB Washington drafts is successful he will be looking for a contract north of $50 million dollars.

As for Mahomes he restructured so his cap hit this year will be $37 million, the three years following that his cap hit is $66 million, $68 million and $64 million. The next three years he'll make more than Cousins. He is also deserves to make the most and he is making the most.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just of the opinion if I didn't have a ring at Kirk's stage in his career, I'm not taking max. Those guys had rings. I completely understand Kirk getting his money from Minnesota. At this point though, what means more to you?

I could be an ass and post stuff like this all day.View attachment 360386

You can do that but why aren't you calling out Dak, Burrow, Allen, Lamar, Hurts? That was my lone question.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still trying to figure out where I bashed Kirk.
My post was not directed at only you, there are plenty of Kirk bashers including in this thread. But since you asked you are bashing Kirk for not being the 2nd athlete in history to take less money to help the team sign other players. This is an unfair criticism and the reason has been pointed out, every athlete not named Brady maximizes their income in the short time they have and there is nothing wrong with that.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can do that but why aren't you calling out Dak, Burrow, Allen, Lamar, Hurts? That was my lone question.
I'm not calling them out because of the point they are at in their careers. I stated on my previous post that I was all for Kirk getting everything he could in Minnesota. At that age of course you want that big first contract.

It's the Atlanta contract that has me puzzled. You took the franchise twice from Washington. Got a huge contract in Minnesota, which I do nat fault him for. Now you are close to the end, have made all the money you can spend, don't have a ring and still.....want the max.

As far as Mahomes, I'm sure he'll continue to push money down the road if it helps the team. Time will tell on that.

Last edited:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My post was not directed at only you, there are plenty of Kirk bashers including in this thread. But since you asked you are bashing Kirk for not being the 2nd athlete in history to take less money to help the team sign other players. This is an unfair criticism and the reason has been pointed out, every athlete not named Brady maximizes their income in the short time they have and there is nothing wrong with that.
I didn't bash him for that. I questioned him for it. Please read my post again if you have the time. There was literally no level of aggression toward Kirk in any of my post.

I said he cares
I said they probably win the division.

This is getting weird.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not calling them out because of the point they are at in their careers. I stated on my previous post that I was all for Kirk getting everything he could in Minnesota. At that age of course you want that big first contract.

It's the Atlanta contract that has me puzzled. You took the franchise twice from Washington. Got a huge contract in Minnesota, which I do nat fault him for. Now you are close to the end, have made all the money you can spend, don't have a ring and still.....want the max.

As far as Mahomes, I'm sure he'll continue to push money down the road if it helps the team. Time will tell on that.

I think I figured out why you believe Mahomes is doing something he is not. You misunderstand a restructure.

Mahomes is not actually pushing money down the road. The team is changing the contract on paper so they can shuffle cap money around. This is usually done in the form of a signing bonus instead of a salary so they can spread the hit over years in the contract. They can also guarantee future salaries which is very attractive as a player ages.

In no way is Mahomes actually not getting his money.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't bash him for that. I questioned him for it. Please read my post again if you have the time. There was literally no level of aggression toward Kirk in any of my post.

I said he cares
I said they probably win the division.

This is getting weird.
I get what you are saying, especially since I think QB salaries are too high in the present game. JMO but all QBs should take less no matter where they are in their career. In reality that can be said for most positions. I think we all know that is not going to happen.

Look at what happened in Denver and I am not assigning blame to anyone but the team is taking a HUGE hit on Wilson's contract to get rid of him.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was never that Kirk isn't getting paid. Other players should be lining up to hire his agent. My point is Cousins gets negative press/commentary (maybe from Washington fans) for doing the same thing other QBs are doing. I hope whoever they draft in a couple of days throws for 40,000 yards, 300 TDs and his TD to Int rate is 2 1/2 to 1.

I don't have time to look it up now and I am not ragging on Mahomes but I think he set the rate that is now being exceeded by other QBs.
These aren't Washington fans. These are RG3 fans. Complete dopes. You guys had a franchise QB and let him walk away. Some have be too dumb for 10 years to admit it.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marino didnt mortgage the team’s future by hijacking the salary cap for his own personal benefit, and is widely considered one of the greatest qb’s in the game despite never winning the big one.

Why isnt Cousins mentioned in the same breadth as Marino, do you think? His stats suggest he should be or could be.

Any thoughts….?
i knew from seeing him torch the skins for 6 passing tds as a rookie,marino was gonna shine.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could be an ass and post stuff like this all day.View attachment 360386

The inside of an NBA players' mind is a terrible place. No one should listen, but the racist Kirk haters do.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He played three years with no long term contract. Betting on himself. He won the bet.

You can type a lot to try to pretend otherwise.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watched it with my dad.i think it was week 1 at rfk.dbs needed the burn unit afer that torching.
Watched it with my dad as well. We were living in Germany at the time. Marino was different.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough for what? Your approval?

Oohhhh skinsdad: one thing should be abundantly clear from my time posting here, and that is that I dont care what you or frankly anybody else thinks about my posts.

I dont need or seek your approval: never have and never will.
Then I am sure you won’t mind my endless KC postings

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill, Waddle, and Worthy? Shit!

Screenshot_20240425_104657_Bleacher Report.jpg