• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Network

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, if the NFL networked is owned by the NFL and the NFL is just a governing body that is voted by the NFL owners, then why do players go on the NFL network? I am assuming its not against the lockout since they are not interacting directly with the owners.

oh well, I am going to get drunk now.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its just the pre-season, but having watched the NFL channel's version of the Lions-Jets game, I have to say that was the worst announced game I have ever seen, bar none.

The Lions broadcasters were such homers that, during the entirety of the first quarter, a Lions player that did not even play -- Megatron -- got more mentions (6) than all the players on the entire Jets team did (5; Cromartie, Fitzpatrick, Smith, Ivory and Petty).

They didn't even run the usual-for-NFL-games graphics showing the starters on offense or defense. [At least, not for the Jets; they did run them for the Lions, of course.] I had no idea who was on the field for NY most of the time and, as usual with the first game of the pre-season, I was unfamiliar with the jersey numbers for the new players; all that had to be guessed at.

Here's a tip for the execs at the NFL channel: next time a pre-season game takes place in Detroit, use the visiting team's feed.