• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL General Board Mock Draft

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job Jak ya I'm working heavily right now too as I'm heading to Cayman Islands sat. Either way I like the pick! At this point keep an eye on DT and OG I think those are places of need or BPA is never bad if you know of any gems.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jakology,

You hit another home run with your pick for the Fins.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see another steal. Spencer Long would've been a high pick had he not tore his ACL in October. He was dominant for Nebraska from 2011-2013 until he went down with the injury. So in this scenario, he would go on IR and spend the season fully recovering. No chances taken. Then we have a potential 1st round talent that could be starting at guard opposite Zack Martin in 2015.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see another steal. Spencer Long would've been a high pick had he not tore his ACL in October. He was dominant for Nebraska from 2011-2013 until he went down with the injury. So in this scenario, he would go on IR and spend the season fully recovering. No chances taken. Then we have a potential 1st round talent that could be starting at guard opposite Zack Martin in 2015.

The NFL is a win now league, especially for a team that was 8-8. I'd get a player that could make a difference this year. I'd get the best avail DT & that is J Ellis of LA Tech. At 6'2 342lbs, he can stuff the run which is what the team needs. He can also get after QB's.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your thinking. I wish we could win now. That would be awesome lol. And yeah, I feel like our O line has been addressed enough. The Dolphins should bring in another lineman from FA. So you're right on this one. I'm looking at Justin Ellis right now, and I really like what I see. I think we'll go with your guy here.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya DT or OG would be good!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jakology,

I see that you landed DT J Ellis. I think he'd earn time right away in short yardage situations. Having him & Soliai line up next to each other would be a "wall". Plus if Soliai continues to struggle with injuries and/or has a drop in production J Ellis could play a lot. Also it gives the team flexibility for the future at DT with Starks & Soliai each entering free agency and being 30 yrs old.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Fins' next pick my suggestion is to pick the 1st FB on the board. You could have your choice of J Prosh of Auburn 6'1 256 lbs he's very strong as a blocker. My pick would be FB JC Copeland of LSU. I saw him play a lot. He is like a bulldozer. He is 5'11 & 285 lbs & moves unbelievable for his size. Teams would know the run was coming & he'd still find or create a running lane. Another option would be a steal at TE. Unless I missed it he's still avail; TE Austin Seferian Jenkins is a highly productive player that is 6'6 276 lbs. He's a red zone threat & mismatch with his size. Paired with Clay they'd be real tough to stop in the Fins offense plus he can block.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seferian Jenkins was taken in the 2nd round. I like you thinking with the FB pick. Really put a stamp on our draft, that we are building up a physical team to protect Tannehill.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep good job guys....we're not sure what they'll do in FA but we have to assume that they'll sign an OT or OG. I like the FB or TE idea as they need help blocking.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JC Copeland measured at 5'11, 271 lbs at the combine. That's his playing weight, Picking him would show a commitment to the run. Last year we heard a lot about the team's efforts to sign FB Vonta Leach & they couldn't get the deal done. This year the Fins have a chance to get an impact FB from the draft in the early stages of his NFL career.

Last edited by a moderator:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello Jakology & All,

Jakology, I see you landed JC Copeland. That's another solid pick for the Fins. For pick #7 I would usually suggest a DB that could make an impact on special teams, however, there is a versatile player that could be a game changer that may be on the board for the Fins. Dri Archer of Kent State ran a 4.26 40 yrd dash. He has experience as a kick returner, WR & RB. His size at 5'8 173lbs is cause for concern however it's a 7th round pick so he's minimal risk & if he is used sparingly he could be a late round steal that could help to put points on the board.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello Jakology & All,

Jakology, I see you landed JC Copeland. That's another solid pick for the Fins. For pick #7 I would usually suggest a DB that could make an impact on special teams, however, there is a versatile player that could be a game changer that may be on the board for the Fins. Dri Archer of Kent State ran a 4.26 40 yrd dash. He has experience as a kick returner, WR & RB. His size at 5'8 173lbs is cause for concern however it's a 7th round pick so he's minimal risk & if he is used sparingly he could be a late round steal that could help to put points on the board.

The Jets picked D Archer. I should have checked closer. A DB that can be a special teams ace is probably the way to go with the 7th rd pick.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be a bit of a homer pick here, but Jamea Thomas had a good combine and his stock has risen from possibly undrafted to a late 5th, early 6th rounder. 5'9 192 pounds. Played every secondary position when needed and was Georgia Tech's special teams ace all year long. He had great production during his career too. Last season he had 62 solo tackles(73 total), 8 pass breakups, and 2 INTs. Also blocked a FG. The guy just plays hard, and should be a great special teams contributor and if he steps up, could find playing time in our secondary who knows.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was very fun for me. They are gonna do another one at the end of March after FA period and when the compensatory picks are announced. So more picks to make, and we'll know what we need. If you guys want to, one of you can be the primary drafter for the Dolphins next time, and I'll be another team. I'll still be in our war room of course, but I know there are going to be teams with no fan support on here who need people picking for them.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was very fun for me. They are gonna do another one at the end of March after FA period and when the compensatory picks are announced. So more picks to make, and we'll know what we need. If you guys want to, one of you can be the primary drafter for the Dolphins next time, and I'll be another team. I'll still be in our war room of course, but I know there are going to be teams with no fan support on here who need people picking for them.

Hello Jakology & All, I enjoyed this recent draft also. I would volunteer to be the primary drafter for this upcoming draft but March will be a busy month for me. When possible I'll make suggestions though for potential picks.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I signed up for the Dolphins, but we need an Assistant GM as well to make picks if I'm not here. So whoever wants to do it. No big deal. Still a month to go. No rush.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys Jak needs an assistant my life's pretty hectic right now but I'll always try to do my best in our war room to help with some options. Any takers? Worst case mark me down but I'd prefer to help from the weeds. Draft starts on Mon....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys Jak needs an assistant my life's pretty hectic right now but I'll always try to do my best in our war room to help with some options. Any takers? Worst case mark me down but I'd prefer to help from the weeds. Draft starts on Mon....

Guys, I would really like to assist with the picks but April will be very busy for me (as busy as March) so I won't be able to be assistant GM. It's too bad because Mock drafts are a lot of fun. Thanks in advance guys for your work with the draft on behalf of the Fins.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys since Jak can't do the mock I will unless someone else puts their hand up last minute. I would appreciate any help please just post some players needs that you'd like to see. Except for maybe oline I think that we can go for best player which is nice!

Jak if you know where I can find the last mock that was done I think it would help to see what others did in the past. It may be better than going off another list. I'd cross reference both to take advantage.