• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft for Fins

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tunsil either is the tackle everybody hoped for - or he isn't. Big disappointment if he has to play guard for any time.
I like the QB pick. cheap flyer on a guy with a high ceiling. backup at worst.
Carroo should be a fine receiver.
Xavien Howard was a reach but he looks like he can cover.....
I'm cool with Tunsil at G for his first year as its a huge upgrade more so than taking over for Albert at LT. The oline will be better.

CB was a huge need but better to reach a bit in the second than first....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm cool with Tunsil at G for his first year as its a huge upgrade more so than taking over for Albert at LT. The oline will be better.

CB was a huge need but better to reach a bit in the second than first....

The Fins had to get the best CB for their system early in the draft. I like the aggressive style of defense the Fins plan to play. Coach Joseph led the DB's with the Bengals. That was a very good defense during his time there. I think if the Fins' pass rush is as good as I expect combined with an improved secondary the Fins defense could be better than people think.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins had to get the best CB for their system early in the draft. I like the aggressive style of defense the Fins plan to play. Coach Joseph led the DB's with the Bengals. That was a very good defense during his time there. I think if the Fins' pass rush is as good as I expect combined with an improved secondary the Fins defense could be better than people think.
Yes agreed I believe that the D line will be much improved which helps the whole D. Coaching didn't help last year.

My point was that picking a CB in first round would have been more of a reach. Besides Tunsil fell to them had to make that pick.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CB was a huge need but better to reach a bit in the second than first....[/QUOTE]
Agreed. Sometimes a reach is better than to let a guy go that you know can do the job.
And the need was huge.....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sums it up and even if Tunsil wasn't there a CB at that pick would have been a huge reach especially with Apple gone. Tunsil really was a no brainer. Huge need even if G first year.