• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Newsome/O'Cain/Stinespring/Beamer should be fired thread

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Either Beamer has never been fully committed to making this program all it could be or he doesn't have a complete knowledge of the game. Anyone should have been able to see the weak areas on the team WHILE VT WAS WINNING. I sure did. But Beamer did not or could not make himself do something about it. If he retires rather than doing what is necessary and has been necessary for years then he never really had a chance to take the program to the next level. Now it's gotten to the point where he needs to do something just to get it back to where it was

757vt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My dream staff: on offense

OC: Tony Franklin
O-line: Todd Washington
TE/OT: Stiney
QB: Ocain
Wr: Sherman
RB: Beamer

Fire Newsome!!!! pay cut for Stiney. The problem is that by the end of this year every school would want Tony Franklin....and Todd Washington is assistant O line coach for the Ravens, he's more probable imo than Franklin.

BeachNHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

QB: Ocain

Fire Newsome!!!! pay cut for Stiney. The problem is that by the end of this year every school would want Tony Franklin....and Todd Washington is assistant O line coach for the Ravens, he's more probable imo than Franklin.

Teams can only have 10 coaches on staff. Your list would have us needing to get rid of another coach.

757vt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
forgot to say that I wouldnt mind if we fired Stiney

BeachNHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then fire stiney lol!

O'Cain is a bigger problem in my eyes. Stiney has shown he can recruit, plus I prefer if my OC works directly with my QBs. Having a seperate QB coach from OC seems like too many hands in the cookie jar.

757vt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Never really thought of it that way, very true....

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This could be a possibility. Not sure how strong the relationship with Franklin is though. Weaver is saving quite a bit on the basketball side now with JJ's low salary....maybe we can pay to bring in some higher profile football assistants!

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I would rather go through a 6-6 season and potentially not make a bowl to help promote change now. F* this. Just beat the hell out of UVA and FSU (if possible) and I am fine.

The team and fans deserve better. How crappy it must feel now to be a player, lose the 10 win streak and lose in embarrassing fashion at times. We just need to keep our recruiting up and make the necessary upgrades to stay relevant on a national level going forward.

Upside - mind erasers at Hokie House both during and after the game proved to be good times...

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If Beamer does not make any changes in the offseason and I'm not talking about shuffling people around but actually firing some people, what is your opinion of him? Stubborn, stupid, too soft, what? If he doesn't fire Newsome then I'm 80% gone as a fan because that is the most obvious need. If he doesn't do that then I don't think he does anything. No more following VT in the offseason for me, I'm not going to watch every game, and when I do I'm giving them 1 quarter to show me that they're not doing the same old crap that I've seen for years. I'm going to watch some football teams with strong, knowledgeable, pro-active, hungry head coaches that aren't afraid to do what's right for the program

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Beamer does not make any changes in the offseason and I'm not talking about shuffling people around but actually firing some people, what is your opinion of him? Stubborn, stupid, too soft, what? If he doesn't fire Newsome then I'm 80% gone as a fan because that is the most obvious need. If he doesn't do that then I don't think he does anything. No more following VT in the offseason for me, I'm not going to watch every game, and when I do I'm giving them 1 quarter to show me that they're not doing the same old crap that I've seen for years. I'm going to watch some football teams with strong, knowledgeable, pro-active, hungry head coaches that aren't afraid to do what's right for the program

I would never actively cheer for another team and I question any fan who would randomly pick a new team to cheer for. I'm not going to hop on Oregon because they are the cool team now, or 'Bama because they're good (and evil). I'm always going to cheer for and follow VT, because that's the school I graduated from and that's the team I've cheered for since I was 6 years old. Without changes, I would think less of Beamer's commitment to "taking the next step", but never will forget where he has taken the program and the fact that without him none of us would be as big of fans of VT football as we are now.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The heartbreak and loss that I, and this board as whole, will have to endure if such a terrible course of events should unfold...

I... I can't... I don't want to even think about it.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I love college football so I don't have to have a favorite team to enjoy it. I do need to want a particular team to win but I can usually find some reason however small. I'm just not going to subject myself to torture every week. I can't stand looking at or listening to Beamer anymore. Every year that Stinespring is the OC and Newsome is the OL coach it gets worse. He can redeem himself somewhat this offseason though

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesn't fire Newsome then I'm 80% gone as a fan because that is the most obvious need. If he doesn't do that then I don't think he does anything. No more following VT in the offseason for me, I'm not going to watch every game, and when I do I'm giving them 1 quarter to show me that they're not doing the same old crap that I've seen for years.

Bullshit Fooz. You will not change your allegiance. You will not root for another team, and you will not watch Alabama (a real team) play Ole Miss..when VT is playing GT two channels over. I don't think you have it in you..because deep down, I think you love the Hokies despite their shortcomings, this year and beyond. You will continue to come back to the Hoop and bellyache about how to change the program. Because noone outside of the hoop board will probably listen to your shit like we do :love::hug:

I still think we have a good shot at beating Miami (they are no better of a team than VT IMO) and getting to the ACCCG. I don't doubt there is change that is needed on the staff and maybe a new outlook on the offensive scheme in particular. But to say you will not root for the team or pull for another team..ludicrous. Any real fan will be with their team through thick and thin. Maybe Beamer will make some changes..maybe he won't. But it surely won't be because some angry fans on some message boards are calling for heads to roll. As at any other big football school...the real contributors (the big boosters), and other important people will have an affect on the staff..not us. So just sit back, wait, and hope I guess.

But don't get your hopes up too much.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I would never actively cheer for another team and I question any fan who would randomly pick a new team to cheer for. I'm not going to hop on Oregon because they are the cool team now, or 'Bama because they're good (and evil). I'm always going to cheer for and follow VT, because that's the school I graduated from and that's the team I've cheered for since I was 6 years old. Without changes, I would think less of Beamer's commitment to "taking the next step", but never will forget where he has taken the program and the fact that without him none of us would be as big of fans of VT football as we are now.

:high5:

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Word.

Although I should say that I have a couple of friends who went to Oregon, so I'm rooting for them this season. I had a Joey Harrington jersey from WAY back in the day that one of them sent me when we were down and out my senior year (fucking Grant Noel, Earnest Wilford and the OTHER 8-4 season in recent memory).

But, it's not like I'd ever root for them over the Hokies. Fuck no. Fuck that shit. Never. Not even if all the bullshit that just happened to PSU happened here. I'd hate, and lose all respect for, the people who let it happen and I'd demand they be fired, etc, but it's still my school. You can't change that. Nothing should change that. Hokie for life.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You've made this comment how many times now? We get it. Please stop repeating yourself.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Personally, I'm Hokie through and through, I've been spoiled, since starting to follow college ball in the late 90s, VT has not really had a bad season record wise...we've had our share of disappointing games, but overall we've always had good teams. If we happen to have a losing season this year (or a winning season for that matter), I would love to see some changes on the coaching staff in the off season. But truth of the matter is, coaching changes, or no, I am a Hokie, and we could go 0-12 and next season, every saturday I will be clad in orange and maroon, either in the stands or on my couch watching every game, jumping to enter sandman, rattling my keys on third downs (yes i do both of these in my house too, lol), just like it has been for the past 14 or so years.