• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New season new start new thread!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devils win!!!! i think thats 7 out of 8 pts right there.....

very good.

If momentum is building, lets hope it continues!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[tweet]
Not agreeing with Joe being sent back... he's had an impact thus far

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe it has something to do with the bye week? maybe get extra burn in?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devils back in it after that poor piss vs SJ.....

5 pts behind the last WC spot with 26 games remaining.... got to sweep the Islanders to really have a chance.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remaining Schedule:
Thu. 16 vs. Ottawa Senators
Sat. 18 vs. New York Islanders
Sun. 19 at New York Islanders
Tue. 21 vs. Ottawa Senators
Sat. 25 vs. New York Rangers
Mon. 27 vs. Montreal Canadiens
Thu. 2 at Washington Capitals
Sat. 4 at Boston Bruins
Sun. 5 vs. Columbus Blue Jackets
Tue. 7 at Columbus Blue Jackets
Thu. 9 at Colorado Avalanche
Sat. 11 at Arizona Coyotes
Tue. 14 vs. Winnipeg Jets
Thu. 16 vs. Philadelphia Flyers
Fri. 17 at Pittsburgh Penguins
Sun. 19 vs. Columbus Blue Jackets
Tue. 21 vs. New York Rangers
Thu. 23 at Toronto Maple Leafs
Sat. 25 vs. Carolina Hurricanes
Sun. 26 vs. Dallas Stars
Fri. 31 at New York Islanders
Sat. 1 at Philadelphia Flyers
Tue. 4 vs. Philadelphia Flyers
Thu. 6 vs. Pittsburgh Penguins
Sat. 8 vs. New York Islanders
Sun. 9 at Detroit Red Wings

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While every game matters, two teams ahead of us in WC chase:
Sat. 18 New York Islanders
Sun. 19 New York Islanders
Fri. 31 New York Islanders
Sat. 8 New York Islanders

Thu. 16 Philadelphia Flyers
Sat. 1 Philadelphia Flyers
Tue. 4 Philadelphia Flyers

got to win 5 out of those 7 TBH...

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Man where's he hell did the season go? How are we only left with 25 games? I really don't expect us to make the playoffs. Columbus coming out of no where this year ate up a spot. Typically there should be two spots in the wild card. I really expect Columbus to drop off next year. Hell they are kinda doing that now I wouldn't be surprised if they finish 7th and get bounced in 5 against the habs.

No cap increase next year? When will the devils finally use their tons of cap space as an asset? Yeah it was nice taking savard for a second but I want an actual player back give me a Brandon saad something

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man where's he hell did the season go? How are we only left with 25 games? I really don't expect us to make the playoffs. Columbus coming out of no where this year ate up a spot. Typically there should be two spots in the wild card. I really expect Columbus to drop off next year. Hell they are kinda doing that now I wouldn't be surprised if they finish 7th and get bounced in 5 against the habs.

No cap increase next year? When will the devils finally use their tons of cap space as an asset? Yeah it was nice taking savard for a second but I want an actual player back give me a Brandon saad something
Oh man this season did fly by..... hard to believe...

i guess waiting and waiting for the Devils to click just ate up the time.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a waste....

why this team never clicked.... idk.... i'd look to make big moves.... this is wasteful.... not the same team at all from last season...

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the game tonight -- my first this year. Going to be my last this year as well.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking/hoping this is just a weird transition year between Lou's team and Shero's. The makeup of this lineup makes no sense. Hopefully in the next year or two we see an injection of speed and some semblance of a balanced unit.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we(i) have too high of expectations?

Probably but certain guys (Schneider in particular) are seriously underachieving this year. We could not have predicted that. Larsson was also a serious blow to the D, I think he may have masked a lot of the flaws we have back there.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably but certain guys (Schneider in particular) are seriously underachieving this year. We could not have predicted that. Larsson was also a serious blow to the D, I think he may have masked a lot of the flaws we have back there.
Schnieder is a definite disappointment. That should go untested.

The offense, the flow, the scoring, never materialized(the constant turnovers and lack of hockey fundamentals IMO).... I can think and point at a few heads for this.

Larsson was going to be a blow I'd never imagine a team unit blow....

We are slow and dumb out there. The new guys really.... not quick enough with the decision making, not quick enough on the ice, no stamina appears cause they will not play hard or too afraid to go all out.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team could use a disciplinarian as head coach. Get the young guys focused, sound positionally, make them smarter players. You go with the player friendly coach only when your team can discipline itself. This team cannot.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team could use a disciplinarian as head coach. Get the young guys focused, sound positionally, make them smarter players. You go with the player friendly coach only when your team can discipline itself. This team cannot.
Fallout everywhere.... that's what makes it so perplexing...

Our core leaders, IMO, Rico & Zajac, have been behind thus season. Zajac picked it up much more than Rico so far.

The loss of Stevens is really apparent here.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
schinder having a bad year is definitely hurting this team but so is the incredibly inconsistent play of henrique palmari camalaeri and hall. how many times am i going to see this guy has gone 10 games without a goal that guy 12 games this one 8 games? you can't win games when your offensive guys are that inconsistent.

larrson hurt but i think hall easily made up for that winning about 5 games earlier on in the season we had no business winning. i think hall is playing hurt a little bit or something because they showed a stat the other game where he went from being #1 in the nhl in LW mins played to whatever it is now. i really hope if he is hurt they sit him because the season is lost.

none of the pickups this offseason have worked out. lovejoy is horrible moore sucks fiddler is traded smith pelley a healthy scratch bennet can't stay healthy and has what 2 goals on the year? i really think everyone had high expectations for this team but honestly i dont see them being any better next year. whats going to really change? you can't fix problems through UFA anymore since all the good players never make it there. also i dont even know if our owners are willing to throw a contract of 7 years and 8 million at a player which is probably what it would take to get someone here to play.

only thing that can help this current team and the team next year is new coaching staff which i dont think shero has the balls to get. this team is so weak in all the basic of hockey its amazing. they really just dont want to play out there.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it absurd for me to say that the best line I've seen Hall play with was with Simmons and Jones? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hall may be playing hurt but his skillset is being handicapped by some teammates blunders and/or lack of skills.....

Zacha played pretty damn well with him, why that broke up so soon idk....

Status
Not open for further replies.