• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New season new start new thread!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
thats it let's start this year off right with a win!

Don't know how the lineups will progress during the game but I loooooooooove having two young rookies on the fourth line. Woods and speers even if they get 7mins of ice time tonight that's still better then 15 in Albany imo. Hey get exposure to different situations in the game and gives Haynes more options to mix things up.

This team on paper looks deep! Not cup contender deep but offensive fun playoff spot deep. Pa on the third line with zacha and jj I like not so much jj.

Who's this French third pairing guy ?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devils opening day roster:

G (2): Keith Kinkaid, Cory Schneider

D (7): Yohann Auvitu, Andy Greene, Seth Helgeson, Ben Lovejoy, John Moore, Steven Santini, Damon Severson

F (14): Beau Bennett, Reid Boucher, Mike Cammalleri, Vern Fiddler, Taylor Hall, Adam Henrique, Jacob Josefson, Kyle Palmieri, P.A. Parenteau, Devante Smith-Pelly, Blake Speers, Miles Wood, Pavel Zacha, Travis Zajac

IR: Luke Gazdic (broken left foot), Sergey Kalinin (illness), Jon Merrill (broken right index finger), Kyle Quincey (lower body)

per FIREnICE..

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the 27 year old rookie on D is the French Rafalski. Playmaker that's been playing in Finland apparently.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YO, lets go.... ready for some devils... didn't get center ice this year again, but will watch the free preview for the first few games and then whenever they are on TV (which isn't often where I am...)

GO DEVILS!!! ITS HOCKEY TIME!!!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cp1qmakxyaadvjm_48295.jpg

Bring us back to Glory!!!!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennet, Boucher and Santini all healthy scratches tonight, not too crazy about that, particularly Santini.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor Hall-Adam Henrique-Devante Smith-Pelly

Mike Cammalleri-Travis Zajac-Kyle Palmieri

Jacob Josefson-Pavel Zacha-P.A. Parenteau

Miles Wood-Vern Fiddler-Blake Speers

Maybe? this is from the blog and reported from wed practice

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very excited for this season, but I admittedly cringed a little bit reading that defense list. Remember two seasons ago when we didn't know what to do with all of the young defensive talent the Devils had?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets watch this game with open minds. Maybe a sign of things to come good/bad....

I have low expectations for defense, helps soften the blow for any would be misshaps..

Unfortunately i'm too excited for the offense therefore i need to simmer down myself in that area.

I think yr 2 under Hynes will be great and can't wait! 3 hrs!!!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow surprised Bennett is a scratch

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frenchie on the board! The last 5 minutes or so were really promising, keeping the play alive, sustained attack, our speed really came into play at the end of that period.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 takeaways from this game so far. Number 1, Taylor Hall is the real deal. Guy is everywhere on the ice. Number 2, we need some serious work in our own end. Getting pinned back there way too much.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm watching the feed with the Panthers announcers and holy shit are they awful. They are screaming about how that high stick was unequivocally intentional.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it was an ok game, perhaps time for my 2 cents:

I'll start with my overreaction.

Overreaction - Is it just me or did we look a lot slower than last year? I think the loss of Reid and Blandisi on the wings really showed. Reid isn't going to be a healthy scratch anytime soon. Too much draught like moments IMO.

Severson is a bitch... he got pushed out of the pic and lost the puck.

Lots of lost pucks in our end of the ICE, not cool. Very bad to start the season.

Not sure if Rico n Hall pairing is going to last. Understand its the first game and they need some gelling. Hynes too needs to see what he can work with.

Slow defense, I think Cory is going to see a lot of shots coming his way.

Faulty puck possession. No loose play, no responsibility, all over the place. Shouldn't be that bad honestly.

Ok realistic feedback:

It's the first game, expect the ups n downs. I really did expect and much faster paced team and didn't think I saw it tonight but of course most of these guys are new and adjustments are needed. In time right?

Defense is a bunch of pushovers that they need to win the tactic/mental part of the game every chance cause physicality in speed and strength they are behind.

At least its a point but plenty of mess to clean up. Cheers and lets get the next one!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it was an ok game, perhaps time for my 2 cents:

I'll start with my overreaction.

Overreaction - Is it just me or did we look a lot slower than last year? I think the loss of Reid and Blandisi on the wings really showed. Reid isn't going to be a healthy scratch anytime soon. Too much draught like moments IMO.

Severson is a bitch... he got pushed out of the pic and lost the puck.

Lots of lost pucks in our end of the ICE, not cool. Very bad to start the season.

Not sure if Rico n Hall pairing is going to last. Understand its the first game and they need some gelling. Hynes too needs to see what he can work with.

Slow defense, I think Cory is going to see a lot of shots coming his way.

Faulty puck possession. No loose play, no responsibility, all over the place. Shouldn't be that bad honestly.

Ok realistic feedback:

It's the first game, expect the ups n downs. I really did expect and much faster paced team and didn't think I saw it tonight but of course most of these guys are new and adjustments are needed. In time right?

Defense is a bunch of pushovers that they need to win the tactic/mental part of the game every chance cause physicality in speed and strength they are behind.

At least its a point but plenty of mess to clean up. Cheers and lets get the next one!

These were my two biggest problems. At times we were too frantic with the puck, not making an actual pass but more just randomly flinging it to an area of the ice. They need to settle down and make those passes count.

Our inzone play was our downfall in this one. If the Panthers setup shop it seemed like it took us 10 minutes to get it back out. Need to be able to knock guys off the puck and win more of those battles in the corners and along the board.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm watching the feed with the Panthers announcers and holy shit are they awful. They are screaming about how that high stick was unequivocally intentional.

Yeah, I chose to watch in SD because their announcers were horrible on the HD feed....the sacrifices we make

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These were my two biggest problems. At times we were too frantic with the puck, not making an actual pass but more just randomly flinging it to an area of the ice. They need to settle down and make those passes count.

Our inzone play was our downfall in this one. If the Panthers setup shop it seemed like it took us 10 minutes to get it back out. Need to be able to knock guys off the puck and win more of those battles in the corners and along the board.
Yea, i saw that a lot as well... pucks being passed either half ass or aimlessly. Zacha was a constant culprit but i can't dwell on that too much considering his youth and inexperience at this level.

But wow, we could not get the puck out of our zone and we look lost out there trying to cover. I found that odd tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.