• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New favorite to be Head Coach

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to get a bit nervous about our HC situation.
I started getting a bit nervous about the HC situation when Jed started floating rumors about Harbaugh losing the lockerroom. Right now, I'm numb to the stupidity of this front office. I'm just watching the implosion, and hoping it gets so bad that one of two things happen:

1). The Yorks realize they don't know what they're doing, and at the least remove Boy Blunder from making any more decisions, or at best, sell the franchise.

2). The Yorks decide they're done being criticized by NorCal fans and move the franchise, changing it's name and colors. At least this way, I can finally mourn the death of this team, and find something else to do with my time.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jed York never said he would not be involved in 49ers coaching search

Looks like his is just involved, not 'conducting' the interviews?

Jed takes the heat so don't blame him for listening in, i would want to.
I don't care what the level of involvement is. The second it reaches a tick more than none, it's too much. He's repeatedly proven he doesn't know what he's doing, and that he CLEARLY doesn't know anything about football. He can want in all he wants. But that's the obvious problem.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started getting a bit nervous about the HC situation when Jed started floating rumors about Harbaugh losing the lockerroom. Right now, I'm numb to the stupidity of this front office. I'm just watching the implosion, and hoping it gets so bad that one of two things happen:

1). The Yorks realize they don't know what they're doing, and at the least remove Boy Blunder from making any more decisions, or at best, sell the franchise.

2). The Yorks decide they're done being criticized by NorCal fans and move the franchise, changing it's name and colors. At least this way, I can finally mourn the death of this team, and find something else to do with my time.
I was hoping that the Yorks would just sell/transfer/give the team back to Eddie. They don't care much about winning,just making money and they have no clue about football. I have no other team so I guess I'm still stuck in the Fortyniner Faithful Fovever,so hoping for the first option.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortunately, looks like we'll struggle again whether or not we draft a QB? so far we're reading neither Lynch nor Goff are really TOP prospects? So i take this to mean we shouldn't expect them to start AND play well from game 1. Certainly think we should draft one, but not expecting he'll start and perform like Winston or Mariota.

Trading up is a tough call, cause IMO Dallas won't take a QB leaving only Cleveland. None of the teams immediately following us doesn't look like they'll trade in front of us? Those further back would need too much ammo to jump ahead of us.

Now if.......IF we REALLY wanted and REALLY believed in one of these QB's, ok trading up. It'll be costly getting ahead of Dallas, but if that is the evaluation....................do it. this is very unlikely, but it is a scenario.

I see our roster, and we barely have a serviceable backup at QB. QB has to be addressed this offseason, and if the FO cares as much as Jed said he did in his presser about winning, we have to find the right coach that can make a capable QB out of one of the top two QB's. It HAS to happen, otherwise we're going to waste several more years (I fully expect that to happen), and at least one more coaching staff before we figure out we need a QB.

Given all that...

...I totally expect us to draft the ND linebacker with a blown up knee in the first round. And I totally expect us to be 3-13 next year. So, I guess the good news is that if we pass on a QB this year, we can screw up the pick again next year. :-)

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only Goff is even worth considering trading up for and at least from the analysis I've read taking Goff above the #7 spot is a stretch.
But we don't currently have a QB on the roster. I'm done with Kaepernick. Gabbert is a joke. I'd rather watch ten more years of Kaepernick than ten more snaps of Gabbert.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is a dumpster fire. It doesn't need to be built around anything specific, considering it needs to be built completely, at the moment.

I don't agree with your choice of coach, but I definitely don't want Jackson after that trainwreck last night. He could have called that last possession in a fashion that would have kept Burfict and Jones off the field in any meaningful capacity, but didn't.

I'd much rather go with Koetter, who presided over a much better offense with far fewer weapons and a first year quarterback. Jackson seems like Nolan to me, albeit on Offense. His offense this year was worse than Roman's in Buffalo. Again, with far more weapons. Considering our dearth of playmakers on offense, I don't see him succeeding here.

If Jackson chooses the Browns, then I wouldn't mind Koetter. He did a great job with a rookie QB. Bucs ranked 5th in total yards offensively.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we don't currently have a QB on the roster. I'm done with Kaepernick. Gabbert is a joke. I'd rather watch ten more years of Kaepernick than ten more snaps of Gabbert.

I agree with this. Just that only Goff looks like a 1st rounder. More likely to draft one in the 2nd round or later if we can't get Goff

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping that the Yorks would just sell/transfer/give the team back to Eddie. They don't care much about winning,just making money and they have no clue about football. I have no other team so I guess I'm still stuck in the Fortyniner Faithful Fovever,so hoping for the first option.
I have been saying EXACTLY this for 15 years. Minus the little hiatus where Baby York lost his mind and actually hired a football person, who he summarily dismissed once he built his cashcow.

This ownership group could not care less about winning. Until their bank account starts drifting toward the red. Want this dipshit show to stop? Stop buying merchandise. Stop going to the games. Stop making the Yorks bigger billionaires than they already are. By proxy, you will be supporting the 9ers. Jed York is not the 9ers. He's the devil, who has 9ers' fans tricked into rooting for him.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jackson chooses the Browns, then I wouldn't mind Koetter. He did a great job with a rookie QB. Bucs ranked 5th in total yards offensively.

If the 49ers fail to get Jackson, I wouldn't mind Shanahan. But I would rather take a chance on Koetter than going with Coughlin.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you got your eye on, outside of the big fish?

Not challenging. Genuinely curious.

The usual. Paxson Lynch first after Goff, Cook second. These guys would be reaches in the 1st round, at least to me anyway.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the 49ers fail to get Jackson, I wouldn't mind Shanahan. But I would rather take a chance on Koetter than going with Coughlin.
At this point, I'd take any of the group ahead of Jackson. Throw in Holmgren.

I like Jackson ahead of guys like the Buffalo RB's coach, and Cleveland's OC, but if the 9ers had the pull they had in the 80's-90's, he wouldn't even make the list as a Rooney Rule.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my guess, Jed should have cleaned house, Baalke is such a freaking clown it's not even funny.

The first step that should be done is either firing or demoting Al Guido whose only football experience is peddling tickets for the Cowboys and then hiring a president with a football background that can properly evaluate what needs to be done in the FO.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of our picks of HC at the moment who will bring the better staff that you can see?
I know you didn't ask me, but I'd definitely go with Holmgren first, then Shanahan, then Koetter. I think Shanahan brings his son, which is huge. And the only reason I'd put him ahead of Koetter.

I'm not pleased with where we are right now. Feels exactly like the circle jerk our FO pulled off last year.