• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Trade Talk 2021

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like it....but I guess don't hate it with GS pick attached. Have to assume their own and not Minnesota pick.
Yeah, it would have been the 2021 Warriors pick. Wolves pick I think would be too valuable. I am not sure what the going rate is to take long term bad contract. I placed it at a 1st and a player, but the best players Wolves would have to offer on this would be overlap for Okoro, and they are not on that level. Cavs are probably a bad 4th for this.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt the Cavs on this board would want Wiggins. Wiggins has played much, much better with the Warriors. Honestly I think NY would want him likely over D'Lo. Thibbs is still high on him and was an integral part of the Warriors trading for him. He vouched for Wiggins.

Maybe the Bulls for Otto Porter Jr's expiring?
Porter is interesting, it would not even necessarily need to be an expiring. I would just be willing to reroute a solid player and the pick to get the expiring, a straight up swap for 2 oversized contracts would not be a deal breaker.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it would have been the 2021 Warriors pick. Wolves pick I think would be too valuable. I am not sure what the going rate is to take long term bad contract. I placed it at a 1st and a player, but the best players Wolves would have to offer on this would be overlap for Okoro, and they are not on that level. Cavs are probably a bad 4th for this.
As I said, I don't love it, but it's not horrible either with the GS 1st.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mebert

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

Less convoluted with more expirings. NY gets someone legitimate to pair with Randle. You guys clear over 30M in cap space, get Wiseman, your 1st and Warriors 2021 pick back and a couple of servicable years from Looney as a back up big.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mebert

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

Less convoluted with more expirings. NY gets someone legitimate to pair with Randle. You guys clear over 30M in cap space, get Wiseman, your 1st and Warriors 2021 pick back and a couple of servicable years from Looney as a back up big.
I also like the idea of the Rockets in place of the Cavs. Oladipo turned down an extension, and they are in asset gathering. So Wiggins and the GS 1st, maybe a protected future pick to the rockets. Dipo and Tucker to the Wolves. Timberwolves don't allow defense, so Tucker would need to be rerouted.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my favorite part of this would be Russell being coached by Thibs. Thibs would stroke out within the month

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PJ tucker to be traded soon.

my guess is for 2 seconds and salary flotsam and jetsam

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PJ tucker to be traded soon.

my guess is for 2 seconds and salary flotsam and jetsam
The Sixers have been linked to him. I’m meh on that acquisition. He’s over the hill now.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's good enough to frustrate KD, Harden, or Kyrie for a game or two in the playoffs. That's all you need
That’s a strong point. I agree with that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be better than Gasol, who is washed up and can barely move. It's why since the offseason, I've been harping about how the Lakers need 1 more center because Gasol has declined to where he can be a liability in the playoffs. If you remember last year, he basically got played off the court in the Raptors games. He's good in spots and is a fine regular season piece, but I think they're gonna need someone that's either a little more athletic or more consistently dependable (ideally both).

Exactly. It doesn't really make sense for either Cleveland or Drummond. I figure Stein's piece was just the Lakers putting out there to say "Hey Andre. Push for a buyout. We'll sign you"

Is he though?

He is like the anti-Gasol.

Gasol can shoot, pass and he is incredibly smart. Drummond clogs the lane offensively and makes a lot of mistakes on both ends.

I think you take Drummond if you can get him, but Gasol fits what the Lakers need even if he is washed. I don’t believe Drummond does.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VORP is just BPM accounting for minutes played. I am not saying the stats are junk, just that they are not a real indicator of a better player. It is the same reason I did not bring up Wiggins superior Win Shares, it sides with my argument, but the stat is just as(maybe more flawed) than vorp.

Amen.

Stats can be used to help contextualize an argument, but there simply aren’t any stats that adequately capture a players’ defensive value (or lack thereof).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixers have been linked to him. I’m meh on that acquisition. He’s over the hill now.

He is just a tough veteran winner. I think any contender could use him.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is just a tough veteran winner. I think any contender could use him.
To be effective he has to have the ball in his hands. The Sixers already have Simmons to play that role. Neither Lowry nor Simmons can do what VanVleet does and play off the ball. The only way I make this move if I’m the Sixers is if they get bad news on the Embiid re-evaluation and then they bring in Lowry to be the 1 and they play Simmons at the 5 for Embiid. Other than that, with a healthy Embiid, the Sixers better course of action is to find a 3 and D wing they can get for a late 1st/ 2nd round pick and Mike Scott’s salary fo make it work. I’m thinking a guy like Wayne Ellington (but ideally a better defender). This would allow them to bring Danny Green off the bench and instead of him getting 30 minutes a night, getting somewhere between 18-22 minutes depending on match ups. It’s a shame because the Sixers already drafted the perfect fit here in Mikal Bridges but traded him away for Zhaire Smith who isn’t even playing in the NBA anymore.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he though?

He is like the anti-Gasol.

Gasol can shoot, pass and he is incredibly smart. Drummond clogs the lane offensively and makes a lot of mistakes on both ends.

I think you take Drummond if you can get him, but Gasol fits what the Lakers need even if he is washed. I don’t believe Drummond does.

You should watch Gasol play more. Drummond is better defensively at this point. Which is what the Lakers need.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be effective he has to have the ball in his hands. The Sixers already have Simmons to play that role. Neither Lowry nor Simmons can do what VanVleet does and play off the ball. The only way I make this move if I’m the Sixers is if they get bad news on the Embiid re-evaluation and then they bring in Lowry to be the 1 and they play Simmons at the 5 for Embiid. Other than that, with a healthy Embiid, the Sixers better course of action is to find a 3 and D wing they can get for a late 1st/ 2nd round pick and Mike Scott’s salary fo make it work. I’m thinking a guy like Wayne Ellington (but ideally a better defender). This would allow them to bring Danny Green off the bench and instead of him getting 30 minutes a night, getting somewhere between 18-22 minutes depending on match ups. It’s a shame because the Sixers already drafted the perfect fit here in Mikal Bridges but traded him away for Zhaire Smith who isn’t even playing in the NBA anymore.

I was talking about PJ Tucker. Maybe I grabbed the wrong quote. If so, I apologize.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should watch Gasol play more. Drummond is better defensively at this point. Which is what the Lakers need.

Maybe.

But Gasol is a lot better offensively. And I don’t think Drummond is that much better defensively either. Because again, Gasol is a very smart player. Drummond isn’t.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe.

But Gasol is a lot better offensively. And I don’t think Drummond is that much better defensively either. Because again, Gasol is a very smart player. Drummond isn’t.

They don't really need the offense though. Statisically speaking, they don't need anything on defense because they're like the top rated defensive team (even with all the injuries, mostly due to Lebron being a fucking beast) and were like 3rd best last year. But they need rim deterrence come playoff time. They don't win the title last year without the little bump that Dwight Howard gave them in the playoffs (McGee basically got benched even though he was better than Dwight in the regular season). Gasol defensively is playing worse than both Howard and McGee in that respect. The Lakers don't have anyone else on the roster that provide that little spell for when Davis can't be out there to play the 5. And its not just me being paranoid about it either. The Lakers themselves know its an issue because they're kicking the tires on a Myles Turner trade (I don't think it happens, makes little sense for Indy) so they obviously think its a need. Drummond would be a tad bit better than Gasol if he becomes available. He's not great, but Gasol isn't the Gasol you think he is. He's regressed a ton the last 2 years. There'd be an upgrade there or at least some more versatility. Same with Ed Davis, which there's reports that Minny is looking to finish the season playing all young guys so its vets are up for grabs.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't really need the offense though. Statisically speaking, they don't need anything on defense because they're like the top rated defensive team (even with all the injuries, mostly due to Lebron being a fucking beast) and were like 3rd best last year. But they need rim deterrence come playoff time. They don't win the title last year without the little bump that Dwight Howard gave them in the playoffs (McGee basically got benched even though he was better than Dwight in the regular season). Gasol defensively is playing worse than both Howard and McGee in that respect. The Lakers don't have anyone else on the roster that provide that little spell for when Davis can't be out there to play the 5. And its not just me being paranoid about it either. The Lakers themselves know its an issue because they're kicking the tires on a Myles Turner trade (I don't think it happens, makes little sense for Indy) so they obviously think its a need. Drummond would be a tad bit better than Gasol if he becomes available. He's not great, but Gasol isn't the Gasol you think he is. He's regressed a ton the last 2 years. There'd be an upgrade there or at least some more versatility. Same with Ed Davis, which there's reports that Minny is looking to finish the season playing all young guys so its vets are up for grabs.

It isn’t that they need Gasol’s offense.

Gasol can space the floor in multiple ways with his shooting and passing. He drags opposing bigs out of the paint and allows offensive spacing that maximizes the talents of LBJ, AD and Schroeder.

Drummond can not do those things. He occupies the paint and literally takes away spacing opportunities for other players because of his limited skill set.

Where Gasol facilitates, Drummond is quite literally in the way.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn’t that they need Gasol’s offense.

Gasol can space the floor in multiple ways with his shooting and passing. He drags opposing bigs out of the paint and allows offensive spacing that maximizes the talents of LBJ, AD and Schroeder.

Drummond can not do those things. He occupies the paint and literally takes away spacing opportunities for other players because of his limited skill set.

Where Gasol facilitates, Drummond is quite literally in the way.

Yeah, I was on board with them getting Drummond, but the more I think about it, I think I'd rather have Dwight or Javale back.