• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a ways off but it should be something to reflect on

How did we manage to make our sport less compelling than the women's counterpart
The women actually have continuity of rosters. South Carolina played 2-3 frosh. They’ll be the leaders going forward and then new ones will come in and learn from them.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s time to go back to not mandating one year out of high school before allowing draft participation.

I am rooting for women’s NCAA to keep the momentum going and outpace the men going forward.

Legit possibility this happens.

Easier to generate interest in stars when they are there 4 years. You can almost bank on top stars/teams making deep runs in the tournament and the play quality has gotten pretty good.

Watching the women this year reminded me of watching USA women’s soccer vs the men.

I want to watch the women every time.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's crazy is having alleged experts say that was a fantastic showing for Edey last night

It's like....do you even NBA bro?

Zero assists? None? An NBA team has more athletic defenders that can get out on those shooters and they will force the ball out of Edeys hands.

I think that says more about UConn’s game plan than Edey last night

I’d sY overall he’s a plus passer for a c

You can quibble with how much plus it is. But he’s better than most

But UConn stayed home last night

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am rooting for women’s NCAA to keep the momentum going and outpace the men going forward.

Legit possibility this happens.

Easier to generate interest in stars when they are there 4 years. You can almost bank on top stars/teams making deep runs in the tournament and the play quality has gotten pretty good.

Watching the women this year reminded me of watching USA women’s soccer vs the men.

I want to watch the women everySucker's.
I hope they smash the men's for a few years so some changes are instituted

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screwing up on a player that a lot of your peers think is going to be good isn’t a big deal.

Screwing up on someone controversial that most think isn’t going to be good is.

Take him early, you better be right.
That's a fair point but unless another player who seems like a more obvious choice does will a reprieve is very possible...especially if the person has a decent track record.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orioles have another huge prospect making his debut tonight. Jackson Holiday from Stillwater, OK. That organization is making the most of their top picks lately.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orioles have another huge prospect making his debut tonight. Jackson Holiday from Stillwater, OK. That organization is making the most of their top picks lately.
Son of Matt

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By not eliminating 1 and done
hopefully the Guards can give the Yanks a good series.....Carrasco game 1......he wont pitch more than 4 innings....not sure who pitches Game 2, and then McKenzie Game 3.......not ideal....They should be able to get some runs against Schmidt ....Gil has some really good stuff and Cortes has had their number---- Guards struggle a little against lefties

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s time to go back to not mandating one year out of high school before allowing draft participation.
isnt baseball something like you can go pro directly but if you go to college youhave to stay for 3 years? that seems like it would be the best for NBA and college----- might get college going again.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Apparently, college football is going to have it's own silly season with the transfer portal.

It was reported yesterday that USC DT Bear Alexander, on of 2, maaaaybe 3 bright spots on USC's defense was entering the transfer portal.

He responded today.

USC DL Bear Alexander comments on transfer portal reports​

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are beyond loaded.

They have brought a ton of guys up- but still have like 4-5 really really good guys in the minors even after Holiday

Rutschman, Holiday, Grayson Rodriguez, Westburg, Gunnar Henderson are all phenomonal. They still have Coby Mayo , Kjerstead, Cowser, Stowers who are all close.......

Rutschman, Holiday, Henderson, Mayo, Basallo, Cowser are all freaking studs.

I cannot remember a team this deep with high level position players since I have been following baseball. They could lose 3-4 guys and still be unbelievably loaded position player wise

pitching wise---- they are def. lighter--- Grayson was a top 5 pitching prospect when he came up last year- but they really dont have a lot of pitching--- but position player wise its insane. I was hoping the Guardians could trade Bieber for one of Kjerstead or Stowers or Basallo (they werent giving up Mayo or Cowser-- and obviously no chance at Holiday, Henderson, Rutschman--- all 3 should be high level all stars for years.

they already traded 2 pretty solid prospects for Burnes--- It will be interesting to see what they do with the rest. There is not room for everyone--- and they eventually (not for a long time) are going to have to pay huge dollars for Rutschman and Henderson.........Holliday is farther down the line.....

but they have a say 4 year window where its going to be interesting. They have the ammo to add the pitching they need---- and their stud closer Bautista should be back next year

they have new ownership which is going to help a ton.

My question is what they do with this embarrassment of riches? Do they make a trade for another top line starter? When do they start to extend Rutschman and Henderson--- both who are going to get mega-contracts. Its interesting they are starting Holidays clock so early- if they waited a month more on him they would have him another season under control- and Westburg has been playing fine at 2B. Does Holiday play SS? do they sit Westburg?