• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Bucket Draft : CHAT

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, your post defense kills you. Who would you have to double? Kareem, every single possesion. Prime Kareem scores 50 on Gasol. He's jam it in his face or sky hook him all night. The double would have to come backside to his dribble hand. Who is gonna do the double/ Dirk? LOL, I love Dirk, but he can't handle Pau on his own, so where is the help? What about the 2nd unit? You gonna play Horace Grant on Moses Malone? Double or Moses scores every time, then it's the same deal, Brand couldn't handle McAdoo on his own, let alone try and help on Moses. Plus you are murdered on the boards

McAdoo can't hold Brand... I give you KAJ and Malone... You start Mark Aguire on Dr. J... So you're mismatch is Moses KAJ and Pau McAdoo... That's what you're saying... What are the mismatches you face...?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McAdoo can't hold Brand... I give you KAJ and Malone... You start Mark Aguire on Dr. J... So you're mismatch is Moses KAJ and Pau McAdoo... That's what you're saying... What are the mismatches you face...?
McAdoo had a 35/14 season. In his prime, he was better than Brand, no question. KAJ is a total mismatch, as is Moses. You don't have a mismatch with your best player, Kobe, no one is a "mismatch" for Jerry West, not even MJ. Your mismatch is Doc vs MA, but at least I have legit 7' guys there waiting for him, not 6'8" guys or 7' soft as Baby poop Dirk on D. And while Aguirre couldn't guard Doc, and it's a mismatch at that end, Aguirre could score on anyone, the guy was unstoppable when he was hot

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Straight up this is fucking bullshit... Seriously... Bullshit.
This is the only reason I'm arguing the point. Our bracket was 21,21,24, decided on the last vote. You could make an argument for all 3 teams(obviously) and no matter who lost, it wasn't straight up BS

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McAdoo had a 35/14 season. In his prime, he was better than Brand, no question. KAJ is a total mismatch, as is Moses. You don't have a mismatch with your best player, Kobe, no one is a "mismatch" for Jerry West, not even MJ. Your mismatch is Doc vs MA, but at least I have legit 7' guys there waiting for him, not 6'8" guys or 7' soft as Baby poop Dirk on D. And while Aguirre couldn't guard Doc, and it's a mismatch at that end, Aguirre could score on anyone, the guy was unstoppable when he was hot

Are you fucking kidding... Kobe is 6'8" West is 6'1"... Marc Gasol is 7'1"... Mark Aguire is a much bigger mismatch on Dr J than a Dpoy is on KAJ... Grant made I think 5 all defense 2nd team... Greatest ever not at all, but he's not shitty and 6'10"... Moses 6'10"... The only height advantage here is Kobe by 7inches... It's bullshit...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which part is BS? If you don't think West just as good as Kobe, I suggest you do some research. If you think Marc Gasol could guard KAJ, you are crazy. I watched Dirk try and guard Pau, I promise you, and it was a joke. 6'9 Ho Grant couldn't guard Moses, no way. I won't argue Doc was far superior to MA, but I guarantee you he could score on him

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the only reason I'm arguing the point. Our bracket was 21,21,24, decided on the last vote. You could make an argument for all 3 teams(obviously) and no matter who lost, it wasn't straight up BS

It's bullshit straight up...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which part is BS? If you don't think West just as good as Kobe, I suggest you do some research. If you think Marc Gasol could guard KAJ, you are crazy. I watched Dirk try and guard Pau, I promise you, and it was a joke. 6'9 Ho Grant couldn't guard Moses, no way. I won't argue Doc was far superior to MA, but I guarantee you he could score on him

Research what...? West CAN NOT HOLD KOBE... That's you standing up for your team if you're arguing that shit... Westbrook vs Glove shut down... McGrady and Mullins are better killing you off the bench too...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you fucking kidding... Kobe is 6'8" West is 6'1"... Marc Gasol is 7'1"... Mark Aguire is a much bigger mismatch on Dr J than a Dpoy is on KAJ... Grant made I think 5 all defense 2nd team... Greatest ever not at all, but he's not shitty and 6'10"... Moses 6'10"... The only height advantage here is Kobe by 7inches... It's bullshit...
No wonder you are butthurt, you're clueless. Kobe is 6'5", not 6'8" lmao. West was 6'2. As to Gasol, WLK, there isn't a player in the history of the game who could stop Kareem one on one, certainly not Gasol. It wouldn't matter if he were 8'1", he couldn't block the skyhook, and he'd get it jammed down his throat. Grant can make all the 2nd team NBA's you like, Moses would hang 30/20 on him without breaking a sweat

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Research what...? West CAN NOT HOLD KOBE... That's you standing up for your team if you're arguing that shit... Westbrook vs Glove shut down... McGrady and Mullins are better killing you off the bench too...
And yet...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my point... Bullshit... Milk called Tree Wayne Rollins the voted me last... That's all the proof I need...
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Pick better

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! me and UK voted for each other seconds apart.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thing we all need a big hug :hug:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thing we all need a big hug :hug:

There must be reason for votes... Milk has admitted he doesn't know much about basketball, I have admitted to being weak in baseball knowledge... The only way to ensure the best votes is to ensure people a) know what they're talking about and b) actually look at the matches... We spend all this time on selecting teams, then say vote in 30seconds or less... We're more than half way to the 3rd round in like 2 hours after drafting for like a week..

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There must be reason for votes... Milk has admitted he doesn't know much about basketball, I have admitted to being weak in baseball knowledge... The only way to ensure the best votes is to ensure people a) know what they're talking about and b) actually look at the matches... We spend all this time on selecting teams, then say vote in 30seconds or less... We're more than half way to the 3rd round in like 2 hours after drafting for like a week..

:10: I couldn't agree with you more.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or...we can all try and take it less seriously. I think Smitty has a great attitude about these Mocks. The fun is picking the teams. Anyone who spends the time to pick a team deserves a right to vote, and who is to say who is right? I know I let my competitive side get the best of me from time to time, but with this many teams voting, I think the right team is gonna win most of the time

It's hard to look at how good all of the teams are and how well they are picked and then think the voters don't know what they are doing. Everyone here is pretty sharp

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm imagining all these match ups being reffed by Joey Crawford. So far he's called 15 technicals and showed up players at least 18 times per game.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or...we can all try and take it less seriously. I think Smitty has a great attitude about these Mocks. The fun is picking the teams. Anyone who spends the time to pick a team deserves a right to vote, and who is to say who is right? I know I let my competitive side get the best of me from time to time, but with this many teams voting, I think the right team is gonna win most of the time

It's hard to look at how good all of the teams are and how well they are picked and then think the voters don't know what they are doing. Everyone here is pretty sharp

It's hard not to take it seriously when you invest so much time in it... I don't question knowing which players to pick... I know from being in so many drafts grab Walter Johnson... I don't know anything about him but he's the best pitcher ever, don't know why though... I know i have to get big names and after that the best numbers available but I'm not at all comfortable voting in baseball matches... I hate voting in them in fact, I've picked teams because you picked them and you know better than me, and since you weren't one of the teams and I didn't want to mess up I just copied...

All that said, grabbing the best players you can doesn't always mean you picked the best team IMO and I think that's my concern... Everybody knows Iverson could play, but they should also know that he has to be the one with the ball so you need defense, 3pt shooting and at a guy who can post for big points...

AI
Dumars
Mullins
KG
Dream

Would be better than

AI
Iceman
Dr J
Malone
Wilt

That's my opinion... And you may disagree... But then we would "discuss it"... Then say Milk could read both of our reasonings and could use that to form his own opinion... That is how we get better IMO... Don't mean to keep throwing Milk under the bus but he has admitted as have I that we need more understanding in some of these drafts...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard not to take it seriously when you invest so much time in it... I don't question knowing which players to pick... I know from being in so many drafts grab Walter Johnson... I don't know anything about him but he's the best pitcher ever, don't know why though... I know i have to get big names and after that the best numbers available but I'm not at all comfortable voting in baseball matches... I hate voting in them in fact, I've picked teams because you picked them and you know better than me, and since you weren't one of the teams and I didn't want to mess up I just copied...

All that said, grabbing the best players you can doesn't always mean you picked the best team IMO and I think that's my concern... Everybody knows Iverson could play, but they should also know that he has to be the one with the ball so you need defense, 3pt shooting and at a guy who can post for big points...

AI
Dumars
Mullins
KG
Dream

Would be better than

AI
Iceman
Dr J
Malone
Wilt

That's my opinion... And you may disagree... But then we would "discuss it"... Then say Milk could read both of our reasonings and could use that to form his own opinion... That is how we get better IMO... Don't mean to keep throwing Milk under the bus but he has admitted as have I that we need more understanding in some of these drafts...
I'm not arguing that Bud, sometimes people just see things differently. Take the two team you listed above...I totally disagree on which one would be better LOL. AI's greatest value to me was his ability to beat his man off the dribble and draw help. Now, while he could kick the ball back to quality shooters like Dumars and Mullin on team one, he would be dumping the ball off for dunks to the guys on team two. Further, instead of being designed as a half court team as team one, team two could do either. Dumars couldn't cover Ice, Mullin surely couldn't cover Doc....of course, you could make a great case for team one, it's all opinion, but there is no right or wrong answer