• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Natives getting restless in Miami?

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former standout Hurricanes speaking out about state of UM program. Here’s the latest one

Hurricanes fans aren’t the only ones exasperated by their team’s predicament. So are some of their former star players.

Several have expressed frustration in recent days, and Randal Hill is so angry with the Canes that he oddly threatened to reveal state secrets if Mark Richt doesn’t make changes.

“I will give him [time] to make changes,” Hill, a former Homeland Security agent, said in a rant on WQAM’s Marc Hochman and Channing Crowder show on Tuesday. And if he doesn’t, “then I will start [divulging] what I really know. What can they do to me? I’m already in the [UM] Hall of Fame.”

Hill said of Richt: “If you do the same thing and expect different results, you are crazy…. That’s a clear cut sign of insanity. Make some changes. You haven’t changed anything. Ask Al Golden and Randy [Shannon] how that went for them…. Shame on them.”

Hill isn’t the only Cane venting. Warren Sapp has taken shots on Twitter: “It’s official!! The U is Dead Under Mark Richt.” And last Sunday, he said: “Good morning, I was built for Saturdays but at this rate I’m about to switch to Fridays! 4 passes and [Georgia Tech] wins?!”

Former All-American offensive lineman Joaquin Gonzalez asked on Twitter: “So why aren’t we winning? 1. Development of Players 2. Special Teams 3. Offensive Scheme 4. Play Calling 5. Game Management It ain’t about the kids not putting in the work, they work their tail off! We have a ton of talent but last coach to develop it, is doing it on 8th Street!!” He was referring to FIU coach Butch Davis, Gonzalez’ coach at UM.

Former Canes linebacker Jon Vilma tweeted this whimsical fictitious exchange:

“Canes fan: Vilma wat’s wrong w our Canes?!?

Me: The Offense sux.

Canes fan: We need to fire every offensive coach!!

Me: Too soon

Canes fan: Wait...U were on the search committee who hired Richt... U need to stay off all search committees Vilma.”

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richt is a genuinely good person, but I think the game has passed him by unfortunately. It was easy to see last year that Miami was a paper tiger, and their early season top-10 ranking was a joke. There are no leaders on the team to speak of and they completely lack an identity.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They get to go play texASS in the Not Back Bowl

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turmoil at the U you say??

View attachment 190754

8B0Rj3N.gif

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why they'd be upset. They hired a coach who got fired for under performing, who's still under performing.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do Miami fans and ex-players really think that Miami is in the football business.

WTF are they smoking.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can’t be paying players like they could in the old days so of course the product on the field is suffering.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever since Shalala decided that the U had to recruit players that could read and write and wanted to get rid of the “Thug U” image, the Canes have never been the same.....

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as Miami’s offense is, they would drop 50 on OU’s shitty as fuck defense and make it look easy.....
So what you are saying that Miami’s offense is significantly better than Texas’s?

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever since Shalala decided that the U had to recruit players that could read and write and wanted to get rid of the “Thug U” image, the Canes have never been the same.....

The above is the winning response.

The U, in its heyday...Had thugs that had Football Character. Now
they just have thugs. There's a difference.

Cafe_Puro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are "starting" to get restless? How long has it been since the U has been good? Not great but just good.......

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, Richt may just walk away instead of being fired. Perhaps he will give it one more swing next season, but I'm not sure if next season would be much better for him.

He is 5-8 since the beginning of the losing streak last season (he lost his last three games after starting out 10-0). I think he deserves another season, but IMO, he would need to win 9-10 games in 2019 to keep his job in his fourth season in Miami. I just don't see him doing that, unless he has a big transfer or a big freshman who step up at some key positions.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why they'd be upset. They hired a coach who got fired for under performing, who's still under performing.

Do Miami fans and ex-players really think that Miami is in the football business.

WTF are they smoking.

They can’t be paying players like they could in the old days so of course the product on the field is suffering.

The above is the winning response.

The U, in its heyday...Had thugs that had Football Character. Now
they just have thugs. There's a difference.

They are "starting" to get restless? How long has it been since the U has been good? Not great but just good.......

A good summary of things in these quoted posts: Miami wants to go back to the only time in their history when they were good at football -- but they conveniently forget all the shady shit that went on, and the fact they played in a shit basketball conference for most of that time.

This is who they are. They are not going to get a better coach than Mark Richt. They're a small private university who should never have gotten that good at football in the first place, and they did it by breaking every rule possible.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WTF are they smoking.
If they played in the 80s and 90s, probably cocaine