• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

National Hate Week!!!

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't normally post this in case I jinx the team, but I know there is a high chance Tech loses and the wrath of the 3 lone UVa fans on this board winning something that they have spent close to 15 years trying to accomplish may actually be reality this time around. Take into account this was also posted last year but still fun to read.

9 fun facts about how long it’s been since UVA beat VT

So here are some fun facts about 2003, the last year in which Virginia won the Commonwealth Cup.
1. A damn Matrix movie was in theaters at the time of kickoff. It was bad, but I guess the last part was OK:

2. 50 Cent was in four of the year’s 21 biggest songs. This might be the most dated:

3. Virginia’s offensive coordinator was Ron Prince, who’d become Kansas State’s head coach during Bill Snyder’s brief retirement and go on to land a Detroit Lions assistant job. Its defensive coordinator was Al Golden, who’d become Miami’s fired head coach and go on to land a Detroit Lions assistant job. Both remain in Detroit.

4. Both head coaches from that game have since retired, Beamer as a Blacksburg institution and Al Groh as Georgia Tech’s defensive coordinator.

5. Virginia’s 2003 QB, Matt Schaub, backed up Vick for the Falcons, then played for the Texans, Raiders, and Ravens, and now backs up Matt Ryan for the Falcons. Virginia Tech’s QB, Bryan Randall, currently plays arena ball in China and is now the second most famous Bryan Randall, after Sandra Bullock’s boyfriend (just learned all this now).

6. Some things that weren’t invented yet in 2003: the iPod Nano, Facebook, the actress who plays Eleven on Stranger Things, and the College Football Playoff.

7. The season’s national champion, LSU, had yet to see its head coach leave for the Miami Dolphins and return shortly later to launch the sport’s best modern dynasty at a division rival.

8. Current head coaches Fuente and Bronco Mendenhall were an Illinois State QB coach and a BYU defensive coordinator, respectively.

9. At the time of kickoff, Janet Jackson was still allowed to perform at Super Bowls, Saddam Hussein was still the president of Iraq, Barack Obama had yet to win any national election, and no eventual president of the United States had ever failed to properly sell a Stone Cold Stunner.

If UVA can't beat the worst VT team in decades, then I'm not sure if they'll ever win again.

The really sad thing is that if we do beat UVA, our AD is looking to schedule Marshall next week in the hopes of getting to bowl eligibility, but only if we beat UVA. Either schedule the game or don't. Our luck is we'll beat UVA and then lose handily to Marshall to finish 5-7. Many in the Hokie Nation are just wanting this dreadful season to end and let the bowl streak end at 25 (which may be fitting being Beamer's number).

Nevertheless, let's kick the Wahoos ass on Friday! Go Hokies!

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska Cheerleader Outfits

34-c119.jpg

Iowa Cheerleader Outfits

maxresdefault.jpg

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Winnovich is a fcuking lady and Michigan fans know it

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the advantages you have being a superior football team, you choose to spout off about a disadvantage a stupid looking stadium that looks like a toilet bowl. Next you'll be bragging about the dumbest mascot in all of sports ... a worthless nut named after a beleaguered Shakespearean anti hero.
Objectively the Big House just sucks. The Horseshoe is a classic venue. No need to brag

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on Nebraska's brief history in the B1G, I'd say Northwestern, Wisconsin and Michigan State are more of a rival than Iowa.

Easy to say though when you've had your ass handed to you the last few years by Iowa. If Nebraska starts winning these games (which they will) then it may become more of a rivalry.

But I honestly feel like the games between the 3 teams mentioned above so far have had more emotion attached to them.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all history ... and on the side of history we win!!!

michigan-osu-kid.jpg

yea, the leather helmet days mean soooo much more than this century........

I'm ok if they drop this game, I've already resolved myself that they lost the game. big deal. OSU is 15-2 currently this century. Total domination. so they fall to 15-3. BFD.....

So if OSU somehow wins, I'll just be lmfao at scUM's mental block against the buckeyes....

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im full of hate, like i HATE that this is the last week of the regular season, i hate there are not 16 games in the regular season!!

I hate that football isnt on right this second (id even take some FCS nobodys on the tv, should be on all week!!)

I hate that the derp burds think they are special for beating smiles 3 years in a row now they are acting like misery fans

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next you'll be bragging about the dumbest mascot in all of sports ... a worthless nut named after a beleaguered Shakespearean anti hero.

They named that thing Shylock?!?