• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

National Hate Week!!!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0036302-ifqw-1280x720.jpg

We will have to see what we learned in the library

Ohio_Stadium,_Columbus.jpg

Looks like some flushed ... still a few stains left
Are you comparing michigan stadium during a game to Ohio Stadium either well before or well after a game?

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't normally post this in case I jinx the team, but I know there is a high chance Tech loses and the wrath of the 3 lone UVa fans on this board winning something that they have spent close to 15 years trying to accomplish may actually be reality this time around. Take into account this was also posted last year but still fun to read.

9 fun facts about how long it’s been since UVA beat VT

So here are some fun facts about 2003, the last year in which Virginia won the Commonwealth Cup.
1. A damn Matrix movie was in theaters at the time of kickoff. It was bad, but I guess the last part was OK:

2. 50 Cent was in four of the year’s 21 biggest songs. This might be the most dated:

3. Virginia’s offensive coordinator was Ron Prince, who’d become Kansas State’s head coach during Bill Snyder’s brief retirement and go on to land a Detroit Lions assistant job. Its defensive coordinator was Al Golden, who’d become Miami’s fired head coach and go on to land a Detroit Lions assistant job. Both remain in Detroit.

4. Both head coaches from that game have since retired, Beamer as a Blacksburg institution and Al Groh as Georgia Tech’s defensive coordinator.

5. Virginia’s 2003 QB, Matt Schaub, backed up Vick for the Falcons, then played for the Texans, Raiders, and Ravens, and now backs up Matt Ryan for the Falcons. Virginia Tech’s QB, Bryan Randall, currently plays arena ball in China and is now the second most famous Bryan Randall, after Sandra Bullock’s boyfriend (just learned all this now).

6. Some things that weren’t invented yet in 2003: the iPod Nano, Facebook, the actress who plays Eleven on Stranger Things, and the College Football Playoff.

7. The season’s national champion, LSU, had yet to see its head coach leave for the Miami Dolphins and return shortly later to launch the sport’s best modern dynasty at a division rival.

8. Current head coaches Fuente and Bronco Mendenhall were an Illinois State QB coach and a BYU defensive coordinator, respectively.

9. At the time of kickoff, Janet Jackson was still allowed to perform at Super Bowls, Saddam Hussein was still the president of Iraq, Barack Obama had yet to win any national election, and no eventual president of the United States had ever failed to properly sell a Stone Cold Stunner.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clean, Old Fashioned Hate has been relegated to the SEC Network at the same time as the Ohio State-Michigan game.

I'm sure we'll kill it in the ratings. Not really sure why though. Not like GT is God awful this year since they're got things turned around on defense and stopped turning the ball over.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clean, Old Fashioned Hate has been relegated to the SEC Network at the same time as the Ohio State-Michigan game.

I'm sure we'll kill it in the ratings. Not really sure why though. Not like GT is God awful this year since they're got things turned around on defense and stopped turning the ball over.
That is a rough time slot to be up against, not to mention it has no conference implications, UGA is unlikely to lose, even if they did lose "they were looking ahead to the CCG" (cuz who in their right mind actually wants bama this year, unless their 1st and 2nd team come down with explosive diarrhea and flu)

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im gonna be eating breakfast in a bar at 10am to watch Florida vs Fl state..
seriously who does this?!:L

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you comparing Michigan Stadium during a game to ohio stadium either well before or well after a game?

There is no comparison ... I love this week ... It's the week after I usually hate ... with all due respect fuck ohio state, fuck them very much!!! GO BLUE!!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im gonna be eating breakfast in a bar at 10am to watch Florida vs Fl state..
seriously who does this?!:L

Breakfast and bloody mary's at a bar are perfect for early college football days. Done it many times.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to hate on Iowa. Nebraska hasn't been in the Big 10 long enough for that to develop. They are currently (3-4) against them since joining. The last 3 losses were under Mike Riley. Who can't beat a Mike Riley coached team?
They are not the kind of team where playing them makes someone better (a la Oklahoma). Nebraska has actually fired a coach after beating Iowa and going (9-3).
Rivals the likes of Auburn/Alabama, Michigan/Ohio St, et al, don't fire (9-3) coaches that win those games.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to hate on Iowa. Nebraska hasn't been in the Big 10 long enough for that to develop. They are currently (3-4) against them since joining. The last 3 losses were under Mike Riley. Who can't beat a Mike Riley coached team?
They are not the kind of team where playing them makes someone better (a la Oklahoma). Nebraska has actually fired a coach after beating Iowa and going (9-3).
Rivals the likes of Auburn/Alabama, Michigan/Ohio St, et al, don't fire (9-3) coaches that win those games.

Iowa huh?
Is that who we’re playing this week?

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. You know.....Minnesota's rival.

That’s right.
They play for a trophy too.

Freddie of Rosetown or some such shit???
I thinks it’s a copper lobster.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no comparison ... I love this week ... It's the week after I usually hate ... with all due respect fuck ohio state, fuck them very much!!! GO BLUE!!

No there is not.

The Horseshoe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the big library

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No there is not.

The Horseshoe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the big library

Of all the advantages you have being a superior football team, you choose to spout off about a disadvantage a stupid looking stadium that looks like a toilet bowl. Next you'll be bragging about the dumbest mascot in all of sports ... a worthless nut named after a beleaguered Shakespearean anti hero.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the advantages you have being a superior football team, you choose to spout off about a disadvantage a stupid looking stadium that looks like a toilet bowl. Next you'll be bragging about the dumbest mascot in all of sports ... a worthless nut named after a beleaguered Shakespearean anti hero.
Disadvantage? You play in a stadium known for being the largest in all of sports and yet one of the least intimidating. The architect of The Horseshoe won a national award for it. You guys play in a quiet cereal bowl.

But you've got those leather helmet days at least!

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Michigan loses this Saturday, does Harbaugh go over the edge?

giphy.gif

mrw-i-successfully-convinced-my-trivia-team-to-change-the-answer-and-i-was-wrong-111402.gif

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Iowa brings back ex-head coach Frank Lauterbur for a pep talk to the Iowa Hawkeyes.