• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My week 3 recap

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It was an interesting week. The Bills are for real. The Lions comeback...again. The Vikings collaps...again. That Calvin Johnson guy is really good, and it really does take a Monsoon to slow down Cam Newton. Here we go:

Week 3 Power Rankings:

32. Kansas City Chiefs-Well, somebody has to win this week. If an NFL game is played, and nobody cares, did it really happen?
31. Cincinnati Bengals-Don't let the 1 win fool you. This team is bad. Only their defense keeps them out of the bottom spot.
30. Indianapolis Colts-JaMarcus Russell might be a better option than Kerry Collins at this point.
29. Minnesota Vikings-They should stop trying to take a lead. Maybe try playing from behind.
28. Seattle Seahawks-Sidney Rice being back moves them up slightly. They still stink.
27. Miami Dolphins-Remember how Miami looked like a decent team after week 1? Well, they're not.
26. St Louis Rams-The schedule-makers gave the Rams an NFL version of a swirly. Good Lord.
25. Jacksonville Jaguars-Beaten by Newton and a Monsoon. Let the Gabbert era begin.
24. Arizona Cardinals-They lost to the Seahawks. Enough said.
23. Carolina Panthers-Hard to take much from a game played in that kind of weather.
22. Denver Broncos-All 3 games decided by 3 or less points. This will probably change with a trip to Green Bay.
21. San Francisco 49ers-Getting Seattle and Cincinnat in the 1st three weeks always helps.
20. Cleveland Browns-With the teams they've played in the first 3 weeks, anything less than 2-1 would be embarrassing.
19. Chicago Bears-9 Carries for Matt Forte? That's a terrible game plan.
18. Washington Redskins-Sorry, but I'm not buying them.
17. Atlanta Falcons-Inconsistent offense has led to one great game sandwiched by two crappy ones. They get the gift of Seattle this week.
16. Tennessee Titans-I'm benching CJ500 this week on my fantasy team just for principle.
15. Philadelphia Eagles-The Dream Team needs to wake up.
14. Dallas Cowboys-I'm impressed that Romo can play with the injury, but they don't exactly look like Super Bowl contenders to me.
13. San Diego Chargers-Rivers has more INTs than TDs, and they won't go anywhere like that.
12. Tampa Bay Buccaneers-A nice win in a tight game. Freeman is an elite QB.
11. Oakland Raiders-Darren McFadden is arguably the best RB in the NFL right now. They get tested the next 2 weeks.
10. New York Giants-Should be 4-1 going into the Buffalo game. If they don't lose a game they shouldn't, they'll be in terrific shape. Then again, they parleyed 5-0 into 8-8 not that long ago.
9. Pittsburgh Steelers-Simply can't be any higher until the offensive line improves.
8. New York Jets-The Raiders ran all over them, which has to be a huge concern with Baltimore next up.
7. Houston Texans-What a fun game to watch last week. Didn't get the win, but have to be the favorite in the AFCS.
6. New England Patriots-Have got to be concerned about their pass defense. Uncharacteristically blew a big lead.
5. Buffalo Bills-I'm shocked to see them here, and I still think they'll miss the playoffs, but wow, what a start to the year.
4. Detroit Lions-Another win, this time coming from behind. I can't wait til Thanksgiving Day.
3. Baltimore Ravens-Bounced back by blowing out St Louis in the Torrey Smith show.
2. New Orleans Saints-This team can put up points in a hurry, and should be 4-1 going into a huge game with Tampa in week 6.
1. Green Bay Packers-Not much left to say.

Players of the Week:

Darren McFadden-Steamrolled a supposedly good Jets defense. Right now, is the best back in the NFL.
Torrey Smith-A coming out party?
Calvin Johnson-That catch was just sick.
Dan Bailey-6/6 on FGs. If he misses one of them, they lose.

Goats of the week:

Marvin Lewis-Wasted almost a full 2 minutes at the end of the half instead of trying to get in FG range. Has GOT to let the team try to score.
Jets run D-Apperently took the night off.
Bill Musgrave-How does a team with Adrian Peterson and a 20 point halftime lead only manage to run it 5 times in the 2nd half?
Kerry Collins-Has a permanent home on this list.

Random Thoughts:

1. Tom Brady threw as many interceptions Sunday as he did all of last year.
2. It literally took an act of nature to slow down Cam Newton.
3. If Stafford stays healthy, could Calvin Johnson really score 30 TDs?
4. When Jay Cutler leads your team in rushing, you've lost.
5. The Rams got absolutely screwed by the schedule.
6. The Texans/Saints games was one of the more exciting games I've seen lately.
7. Who needs CJ300? Matt Hasselbeck was a great pickup.
8. Anybody who predicted Buffalo to be 3-0 was probably in a strait-jacket at the time.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way we should be rated worse than the Colts, Seahawks, Vikings, or Dolphins.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are bad yes, but they are worse. Some of them or 0-3.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Record means nothing. The Rams are 0-3, but have played a killer schedule. The Vikings went to OT with the Lions, and led in both other games. The Colts do suck, but did play with Pittsburgh. The Dolphins played well early on, and I'd take them over the Bengals at this point. We won 1 game, but it was Cleveland, and we had to rely on the defense to literally not play to win that one. Sorry, we're a bad, bad team, even playing other bad teams.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah we are bad, the Seahawks are worse, easily. Same with the Colts. So what they "stayed" with the Steelers. We beat a 2-1 team no matter how you look at it. Dolphins are terrible, gave up 500 yards to NE and are just terrible. Because you root for the Bengals it clouds your judgement. Us being bad makes it seem worse to you. We are not the 31st worst team in the league. 27th, 28th yeah but not the 31st.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If you want to argue a few spots, fine. But who cares? 27th to 31st still blows horribly.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looks better. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah we are bad, the Seahawks are worse, easily. Same with the Colts. So what they "stayed" with the Steelers. We beat a 2-1 team no matter how you look at it. Dolphins are terrible, gave up 500 yards to NE and are just terrible. Because you root for the Bengals it clouds your judgement. Us being bad makes it seem worse to you. We are not the 31st worst team in the league. 27th, 28th yeah but not the 31st.

You're ignoring all perspective.

We are tied with Chicago at 1-2, but that doesn't mean we're equal to Chicago. Not even close.

2-1 CAN lie.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago was 10-6 last season, and the div leader ahead of the superbowl champs.

they get a little credit.

We've played 3 close games against 3 mediocre bottom tier teams. We've proved we belong in the same tier as cle,den, s.f. but nothing more. Recent developments with Simpson and Benson hurt us a bit, and we are possibly rated below cle now at least.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago was 10-6 last season, and the div leader ahead of the superbowl champs.

they get a little credit.

We've played 3 close games against 3 mediocre bottom tier teams. We've proved we belong in the same tier as cle,den, s.f. but nothing more. Recent developments with Simpson and Benson hurt us a bit, and we are possibly rated below cle now at least.

I agree we are behind Cleveland. But we shouldn't be behind an 0-3 Miami team that lost to CLE. Nore an 0-3 INDY also lost to CLE. We also shouldn't be behind SEA whose got blown out by SF who we should have beat, got shut out by PITT, and barely beat a crappy ARI team. There are a few other teams that are close that could be argued either way in ARI, CAR, MIN, STL, JAX.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good right up. I don't get the argument over which teams we suck slightly less than though. The teams 27-32 are all interchangeable at this point. This team blows hard regardless. We belong in the bottom tier any way you slice it.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree we are behind Cleveland. But we shouldn't be behind an 0-3 Miami team that lost to CLE. Nore an 0-3 INDY also lost to CLE. We also shouldn't be behind SEA whose got blown out by SF who we should have beat, got shut out by PITT, and barely beat a crappy ARI team. There are a few other teams that are close that could be argued either way in ARI, CAR, MIN, STL, JAX.

Maybe not, but I can relate to the sentiment and frustration behind ranking us at 31. The loss to S.F. at home should have never happened.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks. I just don't think we'd beat St Louis, Minny, and Dallas Clark would let Indy be in the game with us at worst. Our offense is the worst I've seen yet.