• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's vs Padres Aug 28th, 29th

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, just wow. I know they just signed them to extensions but how in the hell do Dipoto and Servais keep their jobs? Jerry constructed this roster and Scott manages a roster that completely quit.

I hope it's a sellout for the next home game just so 45,000 people can boo them off the field.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For like the 16th straight year...

There's always next season. Baseball is over and football is here.

:rip:

See you all next year so we can do it exactly the same once again.

:wave:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, just wow. I know they just signed them to extensions but how in the hell do Dipoto and Servais keep their jobs? Jerry constructed this roster and Scott manages a roster that completely quit.

I hope it's a sellout for the next home game just so 45,000 people can boo them off the field.

Yankees are in town next week so you can guess how that crowd will be

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm pretty sure it's just a coincidence but it's kind of surrealistic the M's started their dive about the time Jerry and Scott felt pretty damn secure after getting their extensions. With all the money this organization has to blow on "special unis", staff salaries, "bobblefuckheads", "beard hat nights, etc.etc. and they don't have enough money to put together a decent starting rotation? Who the hell do they think they are fooling? As long as fans keep lining the owner's pockets, why should they change the lucrative plan they have? If it ain't broke, then sure the hell don't fix it. Can't wait till it all breaks and then maybe we'll get some serious owners and decent, professional AND motivated FO staff (including a GM and seasoned manager). It's way past time to start kicking ass and taking names later.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their pitcher takes a 105 mph ball to the balls AND still K's Zunino!!!! :pound::pound::pound:
He has now struck out 5 straight after taking one between the legs. I like this kid.

What are the odds that Paxton would’ve taken himself out if he got hit between her legs

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure it's just a coincidence but it's kind of surrealistic the M's started their dive about the time Jerry and Scott felt pretty damn secure after getting their extensions. With all the money this organization has to blow on "special unis", staff salaries, "bobblefuckheads", "beard hat nights, etc.etc. and they don't have enough money to put together a decent starting rotation? Who the hell do they think they are fooling? As long as fans keep lining the owner's pockets, why should they change the lucrative plan they have? If it ain't broke, then sure the hell don't fix it. Can't wait till it all breaks and then maybe we'll get some serious owners and decent, professional AND motivated FO staff (including a GM and seasoned manager). It's way past time to start kicking ass and taking names later.

It's not necessarily the ownership that I think is the problem. Can they be more hands on, maybe, but that hasn't worked in pro sports very often. The big problem before was hiring yes men, now it is hiring a trade addict, when the team didn't have much to trade and a dude who has never managed before. I'm on record saying I dislike Jerry's handling of the organization but this collapse falls strictly on him. Everyone, including him, knew the staff would be an issue. So his bright idea was to trade for a bunch of relievers and hand them over to a manager who doesn't know how to handle a staff. He has been talking about a 6 man rotation since he took the job yet couldn't get another one even though every team was giving them away for cash and minor prospects. Archer was the only pitcher the Mariners could not have matched the offer.

It's just frustrating as this was an either go all in or go all sale (especially with what contenders wanted) and instead they stuck in the middle with another crappy draft pick, a shitty farm system and another year out of the playoffs.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This pretty much just ended the M's season. Too many times a bunch of nobodies out class this lineup, manager picks his nose instead of acting like a manager and the GM throwing dice and crapping out. I guess we'll see what the offseason brings.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not necessarily the ownership that I think is the problem. Can they be more hands on, maybe, but that hasn't worked in pro sports very often. The big problem before was hiring yes men, now it is hiring a trade addict, when the team didn't have much to trade and a dude who has never managed before. I'm on record saying I dislike Jerry's handling of the organization but this collapse falls strictly on him. Everyone, including him, knew the staff would be an issue. So his bright idea was to trade for a bunch of relievers and hand them over to a manager who doesn't know how to handle a staff. He has been talking about a 6 man rotation since he took the job yet couldn't get another one even though every team was giving them away for cash and minor prospects. Archer was the only pitcher the Mariners could not have matched the offer.

It's just frustrating as this was an either go all in or go all sale (especially with what contenders wanted) and instead they stuck in the middle with another crappy draft pick, a shitty farm system and another year out of the playoffs.

I pretty much agree with your thoughts about the M's GM and most definitely about his choice for a manager. Jerry had a brief opportunity to bulk up our starting rotation, and as you stated he chose to look toward supposedly putting his main attention to the pen. In my opinion, unfortunately he did a half assed job all the way around. I think with a few key tweaks and a serious "sit down" with his manager this could have possibly been a post season team. Hiring a friend to manage the team was, and is, a mistake IMO. However, I do think some "micro management" from ownership with the FO might have very well be in line with this organization. Probably not a lot of successful examples, but a look at Cuban and the Mavericks where ownership was serious, involved and committed made a hell of a difference. If we look at all sports, the ones that really become successful are the ones where the commitment and expectations/accountability start at the top- would you agree?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so tired of Blowers saying, "On Paper this offense is really good"... So annoying because they have the 6th worst offense in MLB...

STOP SAYING THAT!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team is a joke... A's lost 3 of 4 to Houston (which we needed to happen - and it did) and we go 0-2 against one of the worst teams in baseball... We had a great opportunity to gain 2 games on the A's... I'm just so annoyed with this team right now... They need to start over... RF, 2B, SS, RP are the only 4 positions that I feel comfortable w/ moving forward... Outside of that, we need to move if we can...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid looks like Kershaw.

...And welcome to the dark side. It took you awhile, but we knew you would see it our way...lol!

Yeah, I was wrong about the team this year but I was right about Seager two years ago... ;)

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much agree with your thoughts about the M's GM and most definitely about his choice for a manager. Jerry had a brief opportunity to bulk up our starting rotation, and as you stated he chose to look toward supposedly putting his main attention to the pen. In my opinion, unfortunately he did a half assed job all the way around. I think with a few key tweaks and a serious "sit down" with his manager this could have possibly been a post season team. Hiring a friend to manage the team was, and is, a mistake IMO. However, I do think some "micro management" from ownership with the FO might have very well be in line with this organization. Probably not a lot of successful examples, but a look at Cuban and the Mavericks where ownership was serious, involved and committed made a hell of a difference. If we look at all sports, the ones that really become successful are the ones where the commitment and expectations/accountability start at the top- would you agree?

Cuban is an example of success ish, he won 1 title (which is obviously more than the M's) but his micro managing had led to so many coaching changes and wasted opportunities and unnecessary deals. Snyder and Jerry Jones are examples, Steinbrenner is another one, he imploded the Yankees with his meddling, granted again they got a couple of championships early on when he inhereted players but their dynasty was built upon when MLB wouldn't allow him to be involved. Once he got involved again they were just a 200 million dollar budget bust.

There should be more managing but until Paul Allen (I wish) would buy the team and pay top dollar for baseball guys or eats money and fires guys when they need to like he did with Mora and Ruskell then it sucks for us fans. The past 3 GM's have been guys nobody wants. Jack Z was passed on by everyone given his age, Bavasi was just a lackey that noone took seriously but he was a part of the Angels championship teams, and Dipoto was fired because he sucked at his job with the Angels and Brewers. Yet all 3 got the job with the M's. Seattle has 3 of the wealthiest men in the world, it should never be a place where fired guys go to get jobs.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed :agree:- Allen is a dream no doubt but he's got his hands on too many things already. Wish he'd dump the Blazers and buy the M's. :yes: Well, no, not really, cuz at least the Blazers are in shouting distance but he had the op to buy into the M's a while back but that fell all apart when Nintendo stepped forward. Nintendo still has their hands in things and I think that's part of the problem, along with Root sports. :nono: Stanton's heart is in the right place, but he doesn't, or isn't capable of, asserting himself. Not sure he's that savvy anyway, he's too much old school and a dreamer. Just my opinion is all.