• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's @ Orioles; June 25th - 28th

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My main issue with the whole thing is Servais won’t change it. He’s stuck on this whole Player A gets the 7th, Player B gets the 8th, etc. All lineups are different and I think there are times when Pazos or even Vincent could be a better matchup. The inning shouldn’t be the deciding factor

This where I kind of agree with analytics guys with bringing Diaz in if the real closing moment is in the 7th like in Boston when they had a 4 run lead with the bases loaded. Don't agree with starting closers but just like I think lineups should be fluid I think bullpens can be too. I think Pazos has proven enough to be more than a one batter guy and Nicassio and Colome have proven thus far they aren't guys who can always be dependable enough where you can just let them pitch their way out of trouble every time.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pazos has proven enough to be more than a one batter guy and Nicassio and Colome have proven thus far they aren't guys who can always be dependable enough where you can just let them pitch their way out of trouble every time.
I get really concerned when either Nicasio or Colome hit the mound. (Neither one has earned my confidence) It irritates the hell out of me when Servais sits on his ass and lets one of these guys get deeper and deeper in that stinky stuff before he pulls them. You've got a pitching coach sitting there watching and he should be able to tell within a few pitches if Nicasio or Colome has their control, and obviously the catcher can tell also. It doesn't help the team to allow a pitcher "to work themself" out of a jam. That's not how you win/control a game. (that's management 101).

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M's do it again, great come from behind win. Wish I could have watched this one. I know it would have really annoyed me seeing them blow it late, but it would have been awesome seeing them come back to force extras and get the W. Here's hoping for some brooms tomorrow.

Colome, Nicasio, Cook, these 3 are not dependable in close late inning situations. At all. I'm still willing to give Vincent another chance now that he's back off the DL, but the M's could really use some more dependable late inning relievers to get to Diaz in the 9th.

Edit: So I guess Cook was optioned to Tacoma when Vincent came off the DL. I had no idea he even had any options left. I won't be sad if he's never called back up.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This where I kind of agree with analytics guys with bringing Diaz in if the real closing moment is in the 7th like in Boston when they had a 4 run lead with the bases loaded.
Agree with that. I remember the specific AB with Betts up and Nicasio had already allowed 2 hits. Instead he was left in to allow a walk and two more hits because of what inning it was and roles and shit.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't rag on Servais often, but for fucks sake man. Seager is finally heating up and you sit him today! Sometimes you have to deviate from your plans Scottie and keep the hot bat in the line-up.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't rag on Servais often, but for fucks sake man. Seager is finally heating up and you sit him today! Sometimes you have to deviate from your plans Scottie and keep the hot bat in the line-up.
Wow, I can hardly wait to hear the reason he puts out, if in fact, Seager is on the bench today. There has to be more than just giving him a day off. Seag's basically responsible for the last 2 wins-lefty/righty can't be part of it.:nono: :noidea:

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I can hardly wait to hear the reason he puts out, if in fact, Seager is on the bench today. There has to be more than just giving him a day off. Seag's basically responsible for the last 2 wins-lefty/righty can't be part of it.:nono: :noidea:
Apparently after last nights game Seager had ice on his foot, so that could be a part of it

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean he's not leaving the hottest bat on the bench for anything other than some sort of medical reason.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I thought the Orioles were pitching Bundy today. No reason not to win now

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean he's not leaving the hottest bat on the bench for anything other than some sort of medical reason.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile Ben Gamel continues to hit. Wouldn't mind seeing him in the 5 hole and Seager at 7, keeping that RLRL rotation. Gamel garners more confidence getting that sac fly or base hit there. And if Seager stays hot he can still produce with a guy like Gamel on the bases.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking of being on fire Romine has been en fuego lately

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had my "broom" avatar out but put it away after 2 bombs from the Orioles. Can't figure out why Leake puts them right down the middle both time?