• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minicamp Thread

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Houston is not ready to practice after his ACL surgery this offseason but he could be in Kansas City for the Chiefs start of the mandatory minicamp this week. Chiefs coach Andy Reid was asked last week if Houston would show up for mandatory minicamp this week - Tuesday through Thursday - even if he’s not practicing.

“I think there is a pretty good chance – yeah, we’ll see,” Reid said via quotes from the Chiefs. “I would say there is a pretty good chance. Will he be out here practicing? No – he can’t do that yet, but he’ll be in town, yeah.”

The Chiefs have said Houston has been in town at times this offseason but he’s also spent time working out on his own. As long as the Chiefs know what type of workouts he’s been doing, I don't see any issue with him doing that work away from the facility. No one is about to question Houston’s work ethic and his drive to come back.

Justin Houston could attend minicamp, but won’t practice

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Been kind of slacking on keeping these things updated, but I didn't most of the most major updates from what I can tell outside of some camp-fodder types being signed and released. Liked Shaughnessy as a receiver when he was healthy. At the very least, I like him as a "move" option.

Dez Moses is back with the team, however.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Reid on Houston
“Listen, he’s where he needs to be right now,” Reid said. “He’s a hard worker, so he’s bound and determined to get back. When you’re around him, you feel optimistic he’s going to be back in a short period of time.

“But I think we’re all just going to take a little bit, and that’s okay. One of the other guys will step in and step up for him at that spot until he gets back. The important thing is he gets back and he gets healthy and you don’t rush it and do something foolish.”

Read more here: Some key Chiefs remain in wait-and-see mode regarding their injuries

So, a lot of non-information for the most part. Only consistent thing from all parties involved is there is optimism he'll be back relatively quickly (ie, he'll play) but when exactly remains a question. I certainly think he's ahead of the average ACL/LCL recovery process, I just am not sure, nor any fan, as to where in that process he is.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That last one makes me think good chance Houston starts on the PUP this year. I don't doubt that he will be back at some point this season but he might be best served if he can hang out on the PUP for a few weeks into the season to make sure the knee is good to go.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That last one makes me think good chance Houston starts on the PUP this year. I don't doubt that he will be back at some point this season but he might be best served if he can hang out on the PUP for a few weeks into the season to make sure the knee is good to go.
Distinct possibility. We've been surprised before such as with Berry's recovery from Lymphoma and Poe's back (even if rushed) in the same year. I am halfway expecting a PUP list entry for Houston, but until camp starts- it's hard to tell. The Chiefs have a week 5 bye so it'll be interesting what they do. Given they re-signed Moses after signing Massaquoi, they seem to at least be trying to brace for PUP list entry. I don't know their timetable so it's all speculation, unfortunately.

I'd bet money on him going on the PUP list, but not very confidently.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Distinct possibility. We've been surprised before such as with Berry's recovery from Lymphoma and Poe's back (even if rushed) in the same year. I am halfway expecting a PUP list entry for Houston, but until camp starts- it's hard to tell. The Chiefs have a week 5 bye so it'll be interesting what they do. Given they re-signed Moses after signing Massaquoi, they seem to at least be trying to brace for PUP list entry. I don't know their timetable so it's all speculation, unfortunately.

I'd bet money on him going on the PUP list, but not very confidently.

Yeah hard to tell these days. Players are recovering faster than anybody thought possible even 5 years ago. So who knows. Just think even with the best recovery he would still need about 3-4 weeks into the season to be a full go. Now maybe he could start out the year on a very strict snap count where he only comes in on 3rd down situations but even there not sure it would be worth the risk and not sure how effective he would be. Going to definitely be one of the more interesting story lines of the AFC West this year that actually has plenty of them.