• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Tomlin, coach of the year?

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's making a good case for it
He consistently makes chicken soup out of chicken poop - competitive teams even when he has slop at QB. One of the absolute best coaches in the game. If he had had more consistent quality at QB over the last decade he'd have at least one more ring, IMO.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely knows how to win without any QB play!
Proved that the year that Big Ben was out for a year.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin has to be up there.

Stefanski might be my choice. Ryans has done one helluva job too.

(While I thumb this the Browns pull some stupid double reverse and fumble)

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans Coach will be in the running if they make the playoffs

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him because the overreacting chatterboxes want to bring in the firing squad every time the Steelers lose but Tomlin always stays calm and steady.

It's like he's a good leader or something.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ryans would be my pick as I feel Houston has been more impressive than the Steelers given where the expectations people had going into the season and how they are playing now. Once they got over that 0-2 start they've 6-3 and even those 3 losses were a different of 3 points or less.

Never understood the hype around Tomlin. Don't get me wrong he's a good coach but I never really considered him an elite coach like a lot of people do. Hasn't won an SB since 2008 and the last SB appearance was 2010. Since 2010 the Steelers have been to the AFC championship game one time with arguably SB caliber rosters in that span. Feels like his career is getting outcoached by Belichick and losing playoff games they had no business losing.

Again not saying he's a bad coach as his record speaks for itself but just feels like he's in that awkward range of not good enough to get over the hump but good enough to not get fired and give fans hope almost every year that they are close and they'll get over the hump next season.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This award has become basically "comeback coach of the year"

Andy Reid has never been in consideration with the Chiefs.
He is probably the best coach in the game, and only got the award one time (2002) same as Belichick (2003)

Nick Siriani beat Sabol 3 times by blowouts, but he finished way behind the Giants coach for winning 9 games.
Heck Siriani has won 4 consecutive games this season when trailing by 10 points, and has zero chance of winning.

The only coaches who can win are guys who take dumpster fire 4 win teams into a mediocre 6 seed wildcard teams.
Just once I want to see a coach with a good team get the award.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This award has become basically "comeback coach of the year"

Andy Reid has never been in consideration with the Chiefs.
He is probably the best coach in the game, and only got the award one time (2002) same as Belichick (2003)

Nick Siriani beat Sabol 3 times by blowouts, but he finished way behind the Giants coach for winning 9 games.
Heck Siriani has won 4 consecutive games this season when trailing by 10 points, and has zero chance of winning.

The only coaches who can win are guys who take dumpster fire 4 win teams into a mediocre 6 seed wildcard teams.
Just once I want to see a coach with a good team get the award.
Yeah. Coach of the Year is just a comeback team of the year award. It is pretty consistent across all sports. He'll, Phil Jackson has more 3-peats than Coach of the Year awards

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been handicapping the team for years with shit offensive coordinators and refusing to make appropriate changes. It took the entire nation chanting Fire Canada to get anything done.

Coach of the year? Hell no.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. This is the COTY path. You have a team that no one expects anything from and they surprise by making the playoffs. This is why guys like Dick Jauron Brian Dabol and Ray Rhodes win NFL Coach of the Year awards and why guys like Andy Reid and Bill Belichick have very few.

The real coach of the year is the guy who hoists the Lombardi trophy up every February. That’s the goal and that’s the year’s best coaching job.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. This is the COTY path. You have a team that no one expects anything from and they surprise by making the playoffs. This is why guys like Dick Jauron Brian Dabol and Ray Rhodes win NFL Coach of the Year awards and why guys like Andy Reid and Bill Belichick have very few.

The real coach of the year is the guy who hoists the Lombardi trophy up every February. That’s the goal and that’s the year’s best coaching job.
this obviously cant always be true. (but I get your point)
No way in hell I would vote Barry Switzer COTY!

But isnt COTY voted on for regular season only anyways.