• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its looking like its not that far fetched now that he catches David Pearson or atleast become the 3rd driver ever to reach 100 wins

I know his back is really jacked, but with this owner/team, hard to walk away

Last edited by a moderator:

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its looking like its not that far fetched now that he catches David Pearsons or atleast become the 3rd driver ever to reach 100 wins

I know his back is really jacked, but with this owner/team, hard to walk away

I was about to post that. The last few years I didn't think Gordon would get there, but now I'm starting to think he will get to 100 wins. I wouldn't be surprised if he wins 1-3 more races this year and he could already have 1-2 more wins then he already does. He's been great this year and will be a contender down the stretch.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks that NASCAR has a completely retarded points system with the Chase. If they settled this the traditional motorsports way with a season long champ, Jeff Gordon and Dale Jr would be trading the point lead every week (Gordon leads the points over Jr by 3 right now, Brad K is 80+ back). What more could you ask for? The two most popular drivers of the last 10 years battling it out for the championship. It's so ironic that in NASCAR's attempt to manufacturer championship drama, their system stands a good chance of ruining the perfect scenario.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks that NASCAR has a completely retarded points system with the Chase. If they settled this the traditional motorsports way with a season long champ, Jeff Gordon and Dale Jr would be trading the point lead every week (Gordon leads the points over Jr by 3 right now, Brad K is 80+ back). What more could you ask for? The two most popular drivers of the last 10 years battling it out for the championship. It's so ironic that in NASCAR's attempt to manufacturer championship drama, their system stands a good chance of ruining the perfect scenario.

exactly, it was so much better when points battles were organic, like in 1992, for example

best thing that can happen, IMO, is for it to blow up in their faces at Homestead. They need something to happen like all 4 drivers wreck early somehow, or blow engines. Maybe that would finally force NASCAR to get rid of this format and just keep the new way the deal out points

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they didn't have a chase, I'd probably still be the type of fan that watches every week no matter what, rather than someone who might watch the race if I happen to be watching TV at that time.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danica battled back after early race trouble to post a top 20 finish. You go girl!

Nascar Addict

"Rootbeer's good for your root!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see Jeff Gordon get another win. And I think that it's funny that Jimmie got mad after the race at Ryan. Jimmie was in the wrong. And he was still trying to make like he was the good guy. Amazing.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see Jeff Gordon get another win. And I think that it's funny that Jimmie got mad after the race at Ryan. Jimmie was in the wrong. And he was still trying to make like he was the good guy. Amazing.

Newman confronted Johnson at JJ's car after the race, so I'd say Newman was the one that was mad.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see Gordon go for second all-time in wins, but I feel like he's going to retire on top if he wins it all this season and there is clearly a strong chance of that. It's a shame that he was essentially cheated of two titles or he'd be attempting to tie Richard Petty and Dale Earnhardt in championships, which is right where he belongs. One of the best ever, without question, and now that he has chemistry with Alan Gustafson, watch out!!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newman confronted Johnson at JJ's car after the race, so I'd say Newman was the one that was mad.
Ryan was definitely mad. That contact gave Ryan a tire rub. He had to worry about blowing tire there at the end. If he loses a tire it probably would have dropped him out of the BS chase thing.

Loved how JJ said Ryan almost caused both of them to wreck by JJ getting into ryan LOL
Apparently you are just supposse to move over at the end of a race for 6 time champs.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see Gordon go for second all-time in wins, but I feel like he's going to retire on top if he wins it all this season and there is clearly a strong chance of that. It's a shame that he was essentially cheated of two titles or he'd be attempting to tie Richard Petty and Dale Earnhardt in championships, which is right where he belongs. One of the best ever, without question, and now that he has chemistry with Alan Gustafson, watch out!!
On another racing board long time back before AG became Gordon's CC. I said AG was the most underrated CC in the cup garage. He is my favorite CC. I wasnt to worried about Gordon breaking DW's Modern era win record, because wasnt to sure if gordon would ever win again & if so maybe once more. When AG joined up with Gordon I thought uh-oh there went the record. Sure enough those two to me right now will be the favorites to win the championship.

I have been saying for years though "AG is the man" on the box. Believe he has won with every driver he has CC for. (to lazy to look it up LOL)

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan was definitely mad. That contact gave Ryan a tire rub. He had to worry about blowing tire there at the end. If he loses a tire it probably would have dropped him out of the BS chase thing.

Loved how JJ said Ryan almost caused both of them to wreck by JJ getting into ryan LOL
Apparently you are just supposse to move over at the end of a race for 6 time champs.

Richard Petty adequately described one of his drivers this way and it applies to JJ: "Some of these guys you have to pay them a million dollars just for them to go from the car to the john." He was talking about Kasey Kahne but it fits JJ. JJ runs into Ryan Newman then has the temerity to blame it on Newman who is one of the drivers who has integrity. The bolded sentence above is spot on here.