• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Miami @ Philadelphia Series Thread

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L that part was sarcasm.

an opinion is a thought. you don't back it strongly enough to the point where you're basically making it some kind of truthful claim. because when you mention multiple times the phils ruined ruf, and you appear to be dead serious, you're going to look like a jackass.

just like mr "braindead" over here kept tossing that line on to every part of management over and over regardless of what move they made, to the point where it had to be said "what the fuck are you talking about?"
Well, yeah. That's Retro though. He may be mildly mentally challenged so I don't really think he's a good example

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeez. Davis with a sore throat. Can't they put Murph in the booth or something

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i feel at some point, one should learn the difference..

o·pin·ion
[əˈpinyən]
NOUN
a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge:

state·ment
[ˈstātmənt]
NOUN
a definite or clear expression of something in speech or writing:

so when someone is bitching and moaning about ruf, it would flow more like this..

opinion: i think the phils might have screwed up ruf's timing, and that's why he sucks ass. i don't know, just my shitty thoughts i'm basing on nothing.

statement: the phils ruined ruf. they are going to ruin joseph. these dummies don't know what they are doing. wah.

Holy shit, you really are a freakin idiot. Both are opinions. I bet you're the only one here who has a GED diploma and thinks has an advanced education.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
joseph, 3 for 3 off a lefty.. then strikes out on a pitch in the dirt, way outside, against a righty.

good thing fans always know so much more about the business than the professionals. wentz should start all 16 for the eagles this season. if the sixers use the #1 pick, he should immediately be a 35+ minute per game starter.

fans opinions are more important than giving a player confidence and letting him earn playing time :stephena:

You have no idea what you're talking about. Joseph hit .324 off RHP in LHV as reported in Phillies PreGame. That's why the best thing the Phillies can do this week is to keep him in the lineup, especially after getting 3 hits yesterday.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, you really are a freakin idiot. Both are opinions. I bet you're the only one here who has a GED diploma and thinks has an advanced education.

jesus christ.. i mean, jesus christ :pound:

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no idea what you're talking about. Joseph hit .324 off RHP in LHV as reported in Phillies PreGame. That's why the best thing the Phillies can do this week is to keep him in the lineup, especially after getting 3 hits yesterday.

totally man, just totally. i heard hunter is hitting .273 with a .788 ops at AAA. think we should give him a look for the outfield? also, that ruf guy has a .964 ops down there. he could probably help us out!!

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling on the above won't help you with common sense.

statements are generally centered around facts, events that took place, truth related. hence the phrase "would you like to make an official statement?"

opinions are simply thoughts and views someone shares on a topic, situation, etc.

the "pregame" mentioned you left your common sense back at lehigh.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
totally man, just totally. i heard hunter is hitting .273 with a .788 ops at AAA. think we should give him a look for the outfield? also, that ruf guy has a .964 ops down there. he could probably help us out!!

It's maybe hard for you to put things into perspective. We're talking about a rookie with power who had 3 hits yesterday, and, who appears to be able to hit RHP, even though it was AAA, (but he's been hitting a ton off AAA pitching and why he was called up in the first place) and therefore is a good bet to replace a .174 hitter and defensive liability. The perfect time to see what Joseph can do for a week or so. It takes a little aggressiveness to make such decisions whereas being a pussy gets one nowhere.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
statements are generally centered around facts, events that took place, truth related. hence the phrase "would you like to make an official statement?"

opinions are simply thoughts and views someone shares on a topic, situation, etc.

the "pregame" mentioned you left your common sense back at lehigh.

Eh, Jesus H. Christ, Jesus Christ.:eek::pound:

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
way to go, Shellickson (see what I did there?)

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Peter Bourjos on a day-to-day basis is bad for one's mental health

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Motherfuck these Dilaudid's are going to be the death of me

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Peter Bourjos on a day-to-day basis is bad for one's mental health
Is that an opinion or statement. Be careful, phillies will check with the experts to determine if you are dumb!

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luzinski is offended that they're intentionally walking Franco. You don't want to piss off Greg Luzinski

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told you. #BULL

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's maybe hard for you to put things into perspective. We're talking about a rookie with power who had 3 hits yesterday, and, who appears to be able to hit RHP, even though it was AAA, (but he's been hitting a ton off AAA pitching and why he was called up in the first place) and therefore is a good bet to replace a .174 hitter and defensive liability. The perfect time to see what Joseph can do for a week or so. It takes a little aggressiveness to make such decisions whereas being a pussy gets one nowhere.

lets see the flaws here..

1. "appears" to be able to hit RHP.

2. "hitting a ton of AAA pitching." about 5 weeks.

3. (most important) THEY ARE NOT LOOKING TO REPLACE HOWARD. he is part of a platoon, which is why he's right back out there against a righty. unless multiple things happen, which i'm not explaining, he will play the year out at 1st in that platoon.

4. joseph is already 0-3 with 3 k's against righties.

5. joseph is still learning 1st himself.

6. "do for a week or so?" and what happens if he does jack shit? are you going to say stick that scrub back on the bench? are you dropping him back down to AAA?

zzzzzz. zzzzzzz. zzzzzzzz. this is where it's pointless to argue. some of you fucking people don't do your homework, you don't pay attention and you just pick up random little tidbits and then act all stupid when shit doesn't go the way you want.

joseph is being looked upon as the future phils 1st baseman. he has the inside track. he is not going to be rushed into action when the phils are just a rebuilding team this year. he is going to be given favorable situations, chances to show he can handle lefties no problem as he slowly works against righties. all while getting defensive experience. unless something goes horribly wrong, he's the other half at 1st base for the rest of the year and the clear frontrunner to start 1st full time next season.

instead of bitching and complaining about something that's not going to happen, know what the fuck is going on first. it's not complicated. now, you can be dense like someone else around here (who i won't mention again) and refuse to accept this obvious scenario.. or you can say "oh, i didn't know that" and now understand how it's all happening.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goeddel is picking things up. Regular playing time has helped him find his timing.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets see the flaws here..

1. "appears" to be able to hit RHP.

2. "hitting a ton of AAA pitching." about 5 weeks.

3. (most important) THEY ARE NOT LOOKING TO REPLACE HOWARD. he is part of a platoon, which is why he's right back out there against a righty. unless multiple things happen, which i'm not explaining, he will play the year out at 1st in that platoon.

4. joseph is already 0-3 with 3 k's against righties.

5. joseph is still learning 1st himself.

6. "do for a week or so?" and what happens if he does jack shit? are you going to say stick that scrub back on the bench? are you dropping him back down to AAA?

zzzzzz. zzzzzzz. zzzzzzzz. this is where it's pointless to argue. some of you fucking people don't do your homework, you don't pay attention and you just pick up random little tidbits and then act all stupid when shit doesn't go the way you want.

joseph is being looked upon as the future phils 1st baseman. he has the inside track. he is not going to be rushed into action when the phils are just a rebuilding team this year. he is going to be given favorable situations, chances to show he can handle lefties no problem as he slowly works against righties. all while getting defensive experience. unless something goes horribly wrong, he's the other half at 1st base for the rest of the year and the clear frontrunner to start 1st full time next season.

instead of bitching and complaining about something that's not going to happen, know what the fuck is going on first. it's not complicated. now, you can be dense like someone else around here (who i won't mention again) and refuse to accept this obvious scenario.. or you can say "oh, i didn't know that" and now understand how it's all happening.

You're wasting valuable space. It would be helpful to Joseph to get a taste of MLB pitching right and left. What the diff if he passes or fails? You're acting they would be tampering with the mlb gods to find out what a guy can do right away. It wouldn't be the first time a guy came up and hit it big right away and stayed at his position for a long time.