• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Game Thread for the rest of the month of February

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't get the logic in holding for the last shot when you're losing. It is the 2nd time at least we did that garbage

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called it - Diva settles for 3 and we lose - You deserve to lose when you have a washed up diva getting the last shot and settles in the process .

But as always the silver-lining - one game closer to the end of the season and the end of Diva’s career and thats something we should ALL be happy about

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hassan showing not quite ready for prime time, Wade with hero ball and Dragic pissed. Why bring the Dragic to Miami to do that down the stretch. Were it not that we played the Knicks, 76ers and Magic, I am not sure we would have won 3 games this week. We lost to a Pelicans team without Davis, Anderson, and Holiday two times in a week. Wade and Spolestra really did not play well. Not sure why the hell we did not run more plays or give the ball more to Deng and Dragic who were having great nights.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only good news is that everything behind us except Indiana did lose tonight

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
They outscored us by 11 in the 4th. Totally disjointed in the 4th. Started with the awful line up from Spolestra that cost us the momentum and then we could not execute down the stretch. More than one reporter now predicting that the Heat will miss the playoffs. As lucky as we were against the Magic, we gave this one away. Don't see us beating the Hawks or Suns even if at home so get ready for a potential 3 game skid to move us out of playoff position. Needed this one tonight.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hassan showing not quite ready for prime time, Wade with hero ball and Dragic pissed. Why bring the Dragic to Miami to do that down the stretch. Were it not that we played the Knicks, 76ers and Magic, I am not sure we would have won 3 games this week. We lost to a Pelicans team without Davis, Anderson, and Holiday two times in a week. Wade and Spolestra really did not play well. Not sure why the hell we did not run more plays or give the ball more to Deng and Dragic who were having great nights.

I agree with everything you said about the point about losing to the Pelicans without their players. Do you watch basketball outside of the Heat? Serious question.

They have not missed a beat without those guys. There's no shame in losing to them twice. The shame in this one is that we had a 9 point lead going to the 4th. I would be mad losing to anyteam in the lead that we had a 9 point lead against going to the 4th. I do think this would have been a different result had we started a better lineup in the first 3-4 minutes instead of the trash we started which turned the game from a comfortable lead to a nailbiter before we got our top players back in the game

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I do watch other teams, but you have to take advantage of playing against a team without their all star. I did not get the way the coach let this one unfold. Deng 7-11, Hassan 8-13, Dragic 9-13 and Walker even 6-13. Wade shooting 4-16 and Spolestra not putting the ball in Dragic's hands down the end.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They outscored us by 11 in the 4th. Totally disjointed in the 4th. Started with the awful line up from Spolestra that cost us the momentum and then we could not execute down the stretch. More than one reporter now predicting that the Heat will miss the playoffs. As lucky as we were against the Magic, we gave this one away. Don't see us beating the Hawks or Suns even if at home so get ready for a potential 3 game skid to move us out of playoff position. Needed this one tonight.

I don't get why you're so obsessed with what reporters are saying. You can't let reporters tell you how to think. Outside of Ira and 1 or 2 more Heat beat writers, I'm 100% sure all of us in here has watched more Heat basketball this year than all reporters excluding heat beat guys.

Each game is different. If we played how we played against Orlando we obviously would not win 8 more games this season. We played much better tonight but just fell apart in the 4th.

The Heat are still in fine position IMO. The 2 biggest threats to eliminating us out of the playoffs are still 2 & 3 losses behind us. Only teams I concerned about are Indy & Detroit....and the Knicks just beat Detroit

I'm really not very concerned about teams like Boston, Brooklyn, or Charlotte finishing with a better record than us considering our schedule

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do watch other teams, but you have to take advantage of playing against a team without their all star. I did not get the way the coach let this one unfold. Deng 7-11, Hassan 8-13, Dragic 9-13 and Walker even 6-13. Wade shooting 4-16 and Spolestra not putting the ball in Dragic's hands down the end.

I agree with what you're saying about coaching but what I'm telling you is New Orleans has played just fine without their players. As I said earlier on this thread they beat a completely healthy Toronto team who did not just make trades/sign a few player as we did. Not much changed from 2 nights go. Everything is basically the same

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Serious question...do you guys really think we make the playoffs?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question...do you guys really think we make the playoffs?

Without looking at the other team schedules I say yes. I'll look at the other teams schedules for the upcoming month, post it, and tell me what you think. With the addition of Beasley and Walker our bench is really improved.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Without looking at the other team schedules I say yes. I'll look at the other teams schedules for the upcoming month, post it, and tell me what you think. With the addition of Beasley and Walker our bench is really improved.

My concern continues to be the Pacers, Pistons and Hornets. All three lead the season series against us and seem to be trending up. We have to start winning some of these tough games against quality opponents. We have a chance at the AAA with games versus the Hawks and Suns.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlotte- @ ORL, VS LAL, @ BKLYN, VS TOR, @ DET, VS WSH, VS SAC, VS CHI, @ UTA, @ LAC, @ SAC, @ MINN, @ CHI, VS BKLYN, @ WSH, VS ATL, & VS BOS- They're not passing us

Brooklyn- @ DAL, VS GSW, VS CHAR, VS UTAH, VS NOP, @ MIAMI, @ PHIL, @ MINNY, @ CLE, VS MIL, @ INDY, VS BOS, @ CHAR, VS CLE, VS LAL, & VS INDY- They're not passing us

Detroit- @ WSH, @ NOP, HOU, VS CHAR, @ LAL, @ GSW, @ POR, @ UTA, VS MEM, @ PHIL, VS CHI, @ BOS, VS TOR, @ ORL, @ MIA, VS ATL- They're not passing us

Boston- VS GSW, @ CLE, VS UTA, @ NOP, @ ORL, @ MIA, VS MEM, VS ORL, @ INDY, VS PHIl, @ OKC, @ SAS, VS DET, @ BKLYN, VS MIA, @ NYK, VS LAC, @ CHAR- THey're not passing us

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern continues to be the Pacers, Pistons and Hornets. All three lead the season series against us and seem to be trending up. We have to start winning some of these tough games against quality opponents. We have a chance at the AAA with games versus the Hawks and Suns.

I just posted the schedules from through the end of March for those teams excluding Indiana. These teams are not passing us. Their schedule ismuch harder than ours. Detroit can easily have 43 losses or so entering April while Charlotte should be at 41 losses or so.

I left out Indy because their schedule in March is pretty soft with a ton of home games. I'll post our schedule in a second but I think heading into the home stretch in April it will be Indy & Miami in the 7th and 8th spots (maybe not in that order)

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our schedule through the end of March

VS ATL, VS PHX, VS LAL, @ WSH, VS SAC, VS BOS, VS BKLYN, @ TOR, VS CLE, VS POR, VS DEN, @ OKC, @ MIL, @ BOS, @ ATL, VS DET, VS SAS

If we can split the first 2 games against Atlanta and Phoenix, I believe we can win 5 of our next 7 games. March isn't all that bad until late in the month starting with OKC but the first 3 weeks of March isn't so bad. I also think we'll continue to play better

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Our schedule through the end of March

VS ATL, VS PHX, VS LAL, @ WSH, VS SAC, VS BOS, VS BKLYN, @ TOR, VS CLE, VS POR, VS DEN, @ OKC, @ MIL, @ BOS, @ ATL, VS DET, VS SAS

If we can split the first 2 games against Atlanta and Phoenix, I believe we can win 5 of our next 7 games. March isn't all that bad until late in the month starting with OKC but the first 3 weeks of March isn't so bad. I also think we'll continue to play better

The way we have been playing and match ups, I only see wins versus Lakers, Celtics, Nets and Denver. Atlanta, Phoenix, Washington, Toronto, Cleveland, Portland, OKC, Milwaukee and the Spurs don't sound promosing. Would hope we beat the Kings at home.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have the heat going 4-13 from now through the end of march? Wow

Want to bet on that?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash