• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins - NYJ Game Thread

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I think James was a great first round pick and you implied otherwise that the Fins haven't had any first round OT home runs..I guess I misunderstood you as IMO James was a home run and necessary. if they could find another player like James next year I'd be ecstatic! Preferably at G and second round...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say he is a solid pick , not a home-run as of YET. Jury still out IMO for him to be a home run. I said earlier the Fins only had to make a few moves into next season because we already are pretty solid in some positions - but still expect moves to be made as I believe there are areas to improve at. We could upgrade at LB, CB. I wont knock on the back end of the defense , as a lot of their short-comings come from the lack of production in front of them

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say he is a solid pick , not a home-run as of YET. Jury still out IMO for him to be a home run. I said earlier the Fins only had to make a few moves into next season because we already are pretty solid in some positions - but still expect moves to be made as I believe there are areas to improve at. We could upgrade at LB, CB. I wont knock on the back end of the defense , as a lot of their short-comings come from the lack of production in front of them

I don't know he started every game and shifted to LT really can't complain for a rookie. He outplayed most OT's taken ahead of him.

Lots of upgrades and a few big holes. FS they only have Wilson not good enough. G's are depleted. MLB is a need the outside should be fine. Tall WR would be a luxury.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Wilson is a backup-special teamer at best

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps the biggest 'indictment' on Mr. Philbin might be the fact that he was clearly too inept/ignorant to have a back up plan in the event Albert got injured(which he did....again), regardless of the fact that Branden has been substantially 'injury prone' for much of his career. I've got no problem placing virtually all the blame for todays loss squarely on the shoulders of Kevin Coyle....24 points should be more than enough against the Jets AT home, clearly it wasn't. But here's what I know: 3 damn seasons under Joe 'I show no emotion, have no emotion, barely have a pulse' Philbin and its been 7-9, 8-8, and yet another 8-8. Simply pathetic.....who really gives a damn at this point who might be at fault for which particular game you might be referring to....the bottom line is that Joe is nothing but a mediocre head coach with a mediocre game plan and his teams(regardless of talent) play mediocre football. Nothing changes next year,regardless of personnel changes. NOTHING....

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it may not be the only reason you dont like Philbin, but since it seems to be the core of your rant - I will say this - Look around the NFL, or any sport for that matter - And give me a list or number of coaches who “show emotion” not every coach is that way, and it works just fine with a lot of them.

Some coaches get by - by being even tempered coaches - some of the best - in all sports.

You used the words “simply pathetic” I would say its simply pathetic to criticize Philbin for that. Of all things you could have criticized him about.

Again to borrow a word you used - you used the word mediocre... mediocre results, for a mediocre fan base? that sounds about right and fitting.

As to him being inept to have a backup plan in the even Albert got injured - who are we to say if he did have a plan or not? We dont have behind the scenes access to know if he did or not - It was an unfortunate set of circumstances and we just had to make due with what we had... But if you want to pin that situation on someone, Hickey would be the guy - he was the one put in charge of putting the roster together.

Im happy to have that so called mediocre coach back for next season - Tannehill is improving - we have weapons on offense - with a better defense, we can be one of 6 teams playing beyond december in the AFC next season.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it may not be the only reason you dont like Philbin, but since it seems to be the core of your rant - I will say this - Look around the NFL, or any sport for that matter - And give me a list or number of coaches who “show emotion” not every coach is that way, and it works just fine with a lot of them.

Some coaches get by - by being even tempered coaches - some of the best - in all sports.

You used the words “simply pathetic” I would say its simply pathetic to criticize Philbin for that. Of all things you could have criticized him about.

Again to borrow a word you used - you used the word mediocre... mediocre results, for a mediocre fan base? that sounds about right and fitting.

As to him being inept to have a backup plan in the even Albert got injured - who are we to say if he did have a plan or not? We dont have behind the scenes access to know if he did or not - It was an unfortunate set of circumstances and we just had to make due with what we had... But if you want to pin that situation on someone, Hickey would be the guy - he was the one put in charge of putting the roster together.

Im happy to have that so called mediocre coach back for next season - Tannehill is improving - we have weapons on offense - with a better defense, we can be one of 6 teams playing beyond december in the AFC next season.

Laughable....you refer to my post as a 'rant'? Seriously? I'm pretty sure I know the difference between a rant and simple continued displeasure involving a clearly dysfunctional franchise, especially since I've been on the giving end of both. And, there clearly was no back up plan involved.....if there WERE, they would not have installed James at the position Albert once occupied-especially when it was painfully obvious James was quickly becoming perhaps the best RT in the NFL. Philbin should have been canned after last season....soooooo many coaches and GMS around the NFL have said far too many times to count that Miami has a playoff caliber roster. If that is true(so many solid source have indicated such), then its all on coaching. Last year it was our OC....this year it is our DC. MAYBE, just maybe, it wasn't EITHER. Perhaps the problem has been Joe Philbin. What positive has this ass clown brought to Miami? Please, allow me this information. What exactly has Philbin BROUGHT to the Miami Dolphins?! And, just so we're clear, I could really give a shit how emotional our dufus head coach is if he shows the ability to properly prepare his team and doesn't have a ridiculous propensity to make horrible game decisions at the worst possible moments of seemingly every huge game Miami finds itself in. That, and clearly he has no clue what clock management is all about, although one would think he might have grasped that concept in year two. The fact that he clearly cannot motivate or prepare his team, only makes his 'lack of emotion' more upsetting. Tannehill is improving because of Lazor....I feel confident in saying that Joe had little to nothing to do with that. You take jabs at the fanbase....fucking hilarious-no offense. How damn long has this fanbase put up with such horrible front office decisions? There MIGHT be 2 front offices in the NFL worse than ours....MAYBE. Omar echos what I said after the Jets beat our asses in Miami LAST season: Philbin should have been shown the door LAST year. You're happy to have this mediocre coach back? Good....good for you Paolo. Make sure you smile really big when the guy is canned in wk 11. Perhaps he makes it to the end of the season, but no chance Miami wins more than 8 games next year. I could give you endless reasons why Philbin should be canned, but truly cannot begin to THINK of a reason he should be back. I'm glad you support him....perhaps another .500 season(or worse) might make you finally see the light.