• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mets sign Michael Cuddyer to a 2 year deal

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Met signing. A 35 year old guy who's spent multiple stints on the DL the last couple of years. Not only is this a horrible signing, we give up our 1st round draft pick (15th overall) in the mix. The Mets are just a horrible organization and have no intention of putting a winning team on the field anytime soon. Sell now Fred, sell now! :L

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Yok Mets sign Michael Cuddyer to two-year deal - ESPN New York

Cuddyer is a childhood friend of Mets captain David Wright. Both grew up in Norfolk, Virginia.

Essentially, Cuddyer accepted $5.7 million more from the Mets for two years than he would have earned with the Rockies for one year. Ricco said he could not speculate on Cuddyer's motivation, but acknowledged the Mets being on the brink of contention and Cuddyer's friendship with Wright as likely factors in the decision.

"I actually wasn't surprised that they offered," Ricco said about the Rockies' $15.3 million bid to retain Cuddyer. "And it certainly factored in the decision. But we decided to go forward and sign him."

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Just awful.

Reaper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not thrilled with this signing one bit, I wasn't impressed with this move as I wasn't happy about the Granderson or Colon signings last year. Starting to settle in that David Wright will never win a championship here.