• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mets @ Phillies (April 29 & 30)

omarsrevenge

Godlike
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it too early to be excited about holding the Wild Card spot? :noidea: :behindsofa:

Pitching has been great so far. Now if Wright and Grandy could remember how to hit we could be on to something. Would be nice to see some meaningful games late in the season for a change.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitching has been great so far. Now if Wright and Grandy could remember how to hit we could be on to something. Would be nice to see some meaningful games late in the season for a change.

Hell yeah!!

Another solid win, I love roughing up that overrated jerk Hamels! :yahoo:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PHILADELPHIA.. (4/30) -- Jonathon Niese has drawn the toughest weather assignments on the Mets this season. He limited the St. Louis Cardinals to one run in 6 2/3 innings last Thursday, despite wind blowing at more than 30 mph. Then, Tuesday night, amid the cold and rain at Citizens Bank Park, Niese limited the Philadelphia Phillies to one run in seven innings as the Mets won, 6-1.

Jonathon Niese

#49 SP
New York Mets

2014 STATS

• GM5
  • W2
  • L2
  • BB8
  • K24
  • ERA2.20

The Mets won their 15th game -- their most in April since 2007.

"It's amazing. He's done a tremendous job the way he's handled this inclement weather -- not just the cold, but the wet and the soft mounds," Terry Collins said. "I'll tell you what: He went out and pitched another great game. This has got to be three or four games this year, besides last year's games, where the conditions are really, really tough. When you see the likes of [Cole] Hamels and Michael Wacha last week [struggling in the elements], and Jon just keeps cruising along, you've got to be pretty impressed with the way he's gone about it."

Said Niese: "It was another cold one. It seems like the more I pitch in cold weather, the more I figure out how to stay warm. It wasn't as bad as last time. I thought the wind was going to be a lot worse than it was. And it wasn't that bad. It rained a little bit and was cold. But I was in the dugout trying to stay warm and I was able to."

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So nice to keep winning road games. Hope they get this one in tonight.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight's game has been postponed due to rain.....

i
i
PHILADELPHIA --(4/30)-- Wednesday's Mets-Phillies game has been rained out.

* It will be made up on June 2 at 7:05 p.m., on a mutual off day at the end of the next scheduled series in Philly. That series now becomes five games.

As far as the rotation, the Mets will just push each pitcher back a day. So Bartolo Colon pitches Thursday in Colorado, followed by Zack Wheeler, Jenrry Mejia and Dillon Gee. Jonathon Niese, who had been scheduled to face the Rockies, instead opens the following series in Miami.