• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mets @ Phillies 4 Games

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giles gets his 1st win! Also the last two times Utley was walked to get to Howard backfired for the opposing team.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helluva comeback, Phillies. The Mets just seem to have your number this year, but your guys don't quit and today it paid off. A ray of light in a down season.

We'll try to get the series tomorrow.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helluva comeback, Phillies. The Mets just seem to have your number this year, but your guys don't quit and today it paid off. A ray of light in a down season.

We'll try to get the series tomorrow.

One thing is certain. It's not any easier being a Mets fan than a Phillies fan! I guess we all need a little frustration in our lives so we don't take things for granted!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro: While you were eating the Phils scored two runs. Do you think that you could eat again during the bottom of the ninth? This could be the start of something new!

Apparently when I stop watching, they decide to play. If I have to eat during the game, I could gain some serious weight. lol.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently when I stop watching, they decide to play. If I have to eat during the game, I could gain some serious weight. lol.

Since you work out you could burn it off! Gaining a little weight could have a good result for the team
and that is a small sacrifice to make for your beloved Phillies.:yahoo:

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree jvett. Asche is going to be another of a long line of great Phillies third basemen if he stays healthy. Yep. If at least two of those ofers were hitting, our chances of winning last night would be greatly improved. Again, no runs in 7 innings. We have had streaks like this before. We just are not going to win many games when we have an offense like this. I agree also, with KK, our chances today aren't good.

Long line of great phillies third basemen?? After Mike Schmitt, who is in that great long line?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, Westcoast. I am flabberghasted. The dude that knows all things Phillies only remembers just Mike Schmidt? Really? I was thinking of Willie "Puden Face" Jones, Dick Allen, of course Mike Schmidt, and more recently Scott Rolen. Yea, I know. Since these guys besides Rolen were outside your era and you only consider Schmidt to be the only really great 3rd baseman, the others don't count. Correct? :L

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, Westcoast. I am flabberghasted. The dude that knows all things Phillies only remembers just Mike Schmidt? Really? I was thinking of Willie "Puden Face" Jones, Dick Allen, of course Mike Schmidt, and more recently Scott Rolen. Yea, I know. Since these guys besides Rolen were outside your era and you only consider Schmidt to be the only really great 3rd baseman, the others don't count. Correct? :L

You used the word "great". I'll give you Dick Allen...I suppose I didn't think of Allen because I didn't think of him as a third baseman since he played so many other positions. Looking at Jones' stats, I would not consider him great and no way is Scott Rolen great!

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You used the word "great". I'll give you Dick Allen...I suppose I didn't think of Allen because I didn't think of him as a third baseman since he played so many other positions. Looking at Jones' stats, I would not consider him great and no way is Scott Rolen great!

I think Rolen would have to be considered one of the Phillies great 3rd basemen even though he only played 6 of his 17 MLB years in Philly. While here, he averaged .285, 26 HRs, 100 RBI, about .375 OBP, .520 SLG. Looks freakin great to me. Those are good targets for Asche. I haven't looked at the other Philly 3rd basemen.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK Westcoast. I have to agree with jvett and the four I mentioned were indeed great team players as well. Perhaps you and I have a different criteria defining great. I am not sure.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK Westcoast. I have to agree with jvett and the four I mentioned were indeed great team players as well. Perhaps you and I have a different criteria defining great. I am not sure.

I would also add Home run Baker and Placido Polanco to the list. I was in awe of Polancos fielding and his hitting wasn't bad. The idea of greatness comes in different forms and sizes. I saw Pud'n head Jones play when I was a little kid. He was exceptional!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got that right Northeast. I saw Pudn' head play as a kid as well and he was a great third baseman. I agree on Polanco and Polanco has moved back to Philly and is at many of the home games. Murphy interviewed awhile back and he stated he is a Phillie for life and that he enjoys coming to CBP. Maybe the owner should hire some of these ex-greats to run his ballclub. They sure as hell can't do any worse that the idiot we have running the show now.