• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message from Big12 To B1G and PAC

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, i listened to some of the commissioner's teleconference today and though i think they really want to pull it off (and i hope they do), he didn't sound 100% confident that they would absolutely pull off a whole season. He was asked some pretty specific questions and was pretty vague with a lot of them (which he should be).

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, i listened to some of the commissioner's teleconference today and though i think they really want to pull it off (and i hope they do), he didn't sound 100% confident that they would absolutely pull off a whole season. He was asked some pretty specific questions and was pretty vague with a lot of them (which he should be).
Maybe. But no reason to go cancelling anything for the moment. And certainly not when considering some B1G and PAC schools are still going to practice. But they are scared to actually have games??? WTF sense does that even make?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. But no reason to go cancelling anything for the moment. And certainly not when considering some B1G and PAC schools are still going to practice. But they are scared to actually have games??? WTF sense does that even make?

The Pac 12 wasn’t cancelled because of Covid. It was cancelled because the conferences’ heads don’t want to deal with the Unity movement.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pac 12 wasn’t cancelled because of Covid. It was cancelled because the conferences’ heads don’t want to deal with the Unity movement.

yep, i'm beginning to believe that had more to do with it than player safety. always follow the money ......

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then Scott and the PAC are more cucks than I thought they were. Give up billions instead of face down a problem. Childish.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then Scott and the PAC are more cucks than I thought they were. Give up billions instead of face down a problem. Childish.

I mean that isn’t necessarily true though. Give up money that they would make for this season or give up millions in giving into this movement? Instead they just bury their heads in the sand and pray it goes away IMO.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a fair point and believable.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean that isn’t necessarily true though. Give up money that they would make for this season or give up millions in giving into this movement? Instead they just bury their heads in the sand and pray it goes away IMO.
Well, that's not the way that people who run billion dollar entities act. If it is really a movement that scares them, it won't go away. Losing billions to kick it down the line makes no sense. They have to have seen this coming ... they should have responded - all the health stuff yes, all the money stuff no but NIL is coming, all the SJW stuff we'll work with you on it in coming years. If you don't like that sit out, but we have a billion dollar business to run.

The players aren't going to get paid by the schools. NIL will appease them for the time being, and may be enough they never have to face it.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, i'm beginning to believe that had more to do with it than player safety. always follow the money ......
Spot on. This reasoning is exactly why games will be played in some of the conferences come Sept. Anyone expecting to see the conferences cave in the next 1-2 weeks will be sorely disappointed.

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of maybe Oregon and USC, no one gives a crap about the Pac12 anyways. Sad thing is they have talent but no fans in the stands. Now that the country is "smaller" due to technology, more of that West Coast talent is leaving and the league is declining. They are closer on a competitive level to the American League than the other power conferences.

B1G is a one team league with Ohio State so not much to speak from there as well. Just let Ohio State play Big12, SEC, and ACC schools as a represented B1G Champion. We know they will win the B1G anyways.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of maybe Oregon and USC, no one gives a crap about the Pac12 anyways. Sad thing is they have talent but no fans in the stands. Now that the country is "smaller" due to technology, more of that West Coast talent is leaving and the league is declining. They are closer on a competitive level to the American League than the other power conferences.

B1G is a one team league with Ohio State so not much to speak from there as well. Just let Ohio State play Big12, SEC, and ACC schools as a represented B1G Champion. We know they will win the B1G anyways.

Bring your crappy Vols back to Autzen and we'll give you another 40 point beat down.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lebowski2:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

as opposed to BIG 12 were its Oklahoma and everyone else
ACC where Clemson is the only team doing anything.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. All of these liberal universities (PAC and Big 10) have a list of "OR ELSE" demands sitting in front of them.

Covid is the low hanging fruit.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring your crappy Vols back to Autzen and we'll give you another 40 point beat down.
I mean beating them in Neyland for the worst loss ever in the stadium was good too.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean beating them in Neyland for the worst loss ever in the stadium was good too.

Neyland, Autzen, the high school around back

It doesn't matter, Ducks by a lot

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See. I'm not the only one suspicious of these presidents real motives.

You spent a good deal of time telling me I was way off yesterday.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See. I'm not the only one suspicious of these presidents real motives.

You spent a good deal of time telling me I was way off yesterday.
Washington's President is a Cal grad and hardcore lesbo lefty who sent out a mass email of a map showing all the safe places for students a few days after Trump was elected. She's also responsible for UW having to pay up the ass for not allowing a pro American to speak at UW after allowing a bunch of America hating commies speak.

9e4ae840-3a75-11e7-8dfe-7f4a4ca9d116-780x709.jpg

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's not the way that people who run billion dollar entities act. If it is really a movement that scares them, it won't go away. Losing billions to kick it down the line makes no sense. They have to have seen this coming ... they should have responded - all the health stuff yes, all the money stuff no but NIL is coming, all the SJW stuff we'll work with you on it in coming years. If you don't like that sit out, but we have a billion dollar business to run.

The players aren't going to get paid by the schools. NIL will appease them for the time being, and may be enough they never have to face it.

Sure, except the Pac 12 is located on the west coast. People who aren’t involved or care about athletics agree and support the players movement. The AD’s don’t have the balls to squash the movement and want to just kick the cab down the road. The AD’s aren’t heads of fortunate 500 companies since most of our schools are in the red as well.