• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck Joe- I am hoping you will find it difficult to defeat the same team 3 times in the same year.

Remember when I lost my first game in week one and dreaded relegation? Wow.

No matter what happens from this point forward, this league is the best. Its the most competitive. And the banter here on the boards give it that extra bonus - like an empty net goal.

Treff; Will & Bandit, great unselfish work from you guys all year long! Thanks for all of your research, write-ups and timeliness.

Fuzzies, I'm scared to death.

DuffBeer Doug

Burn on big river,burn on
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuzzies, I'm scared to death.

Don't be Joe. You broke through your annual 5-win barrier with a vengeance. You earned it and deserve to be in the playoffs and have a really good chance.

Heck, if I can go from 1-5 with a ton of injuries to 8-6 and knocking off a few bid dogs along the way, you've got a shot at the title.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK guys - pick me a winner. 1-QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, 1-TE. Bold is who I have in now.
QB - M. Sanchez, P. Rivers (nervous on this one)
RB - D. Murray, J. Forsett, CJ Anderson
WR - A. Brown, R. White, J. Edelman, M. Evans, J. Landry
TE - C. Fleener, J. Reed (a bit nervous on this one too)

Kelce, Eli, Flacco, Moncrief - available on waivers

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK guys - pick me a winner. 1-QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, 1-TE. Bold is who I have in now.
QB - M. Sanchez, P. Rivers (nervous on this one)
RB - D. Murray, J. Forsett, CJ Anderson
WR - A. Brown, R. White, J. Edelman, M. Evans, J. Landry
TE - C. Fleener, J. Reed (a bit nervous on this one too)

Kelce, Eli, Flacco, Moncrief - available on waivers

All I would change is Sanchez for rivers and CJ Anderson instead of forsett. As good as Forsett has been he has not been a great TD guy.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my brain is on auto-draft this morning
I didnt even realize that we were finished since Im in the playoffs in the 2 free leagues I did on ESPN, and continued to make some FA moves today.
Sorry playoff teams!
I'll cut that out, since we don't have anything going on the consolation ladder, that's kinda weak sauce on my part, imo.

That is something I'm wondering about. Is it considered bad form to make waiver moves if you're in the consolation bracket? I did that the other day without really thinking about it. I figured if I'm playin' someone, I'm gonna do my best. :scratch:

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, playoff bracket updated.

Tlance is the #1 seed, by virtue of a higher PF than Joe. Tlance hosts wild-card Fuzzies.

Joe hosts Ram.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd grab Kelce for sure and start him.

Agree with all other choices.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is something I'm wondering about. Is it considered bad form to make waiver moves if you're in the consolation bracket? I did that the other day without really thinking about it. I figured if I'm playin' someone, I'm gonna do my best. :scratch:

Yeah, I have to say I agree with you on that one Chef. As a matter of fact, when I get home tonight I'm probably gonna pick up a player. Can't help it, even if it is the consolation game I wanna win!

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will pick up players, but I always wait until waivers have cleared to do it. I think the playoff teams should all have first crack at it and if they've passed on them then I will pick them up. I also won't be a dick later in the week if there's an injury to a starter like say Demarco Murray gets hurt in practice, I won't go in there and pick up Joseph Randle really quick if I'm not in the playoffs. That's a dick move.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry ya'll, it's been nice exceptionally busy week work-wise, just haven't had the motivation for the boards.

But. . Congrats to our playoff teams, and to everyone else for a valiant effort to get there. Plenty of drama that last week!

I was able to execute the executive order of the chief justice in both the Suicide and Coma leagues, so the standings/playoff brackets do reflect the current rules, MBBRL-wide.

Also a "whoopsie" from last week's suicide recap. .Lefty and TKO obviously did not play each other, and therefore the convoluted scenario of them ending in a three way tie with Fuzzy was impossible.

However, they could both lose and Fuzzy win, which is exactly what happened, so Fuzzy grabbed that wild card and no need for tie breakers. WTG Fuzz!

Anyways, best of luck to everyone in all leagues!

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you guys are reading any of the trash-talking from the Barbarians? But you should see some of the videos they're posting. Funny stuff.

Start on page 253.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things can change quickly in MBBRL. After racing out of the gate the Bandits became the the Bandaids and the slow starting White Beers sobered up to become the ferocious White Bears.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the posts are starting to slow down. Fantasy football is over for a vast majority of owners. We're about to enter the lean period.

BTW, can I vent a little? My second-favorite league (with my friends) is waning. I've been with these guys for about 5 years and they were all very active in posting on the league message board. They would trash talk and post photoshop'd images all in an effort to tug at a funny bone, or add to some good-natured sarcasm.

The league's commish was very Will-ish. Always had stats at his fingertips. History of the league, etc. Was always on top of things. This year, he wasn't sure what the cut-off round was for our keepers from 2014 so they just decided to run with round 4. And the message board is literally a ghost town.

And now the last straw (for me) is that the playoff seeding was not adjusted. The #3 seed is playing the #7 and the #1 seed is playing the #5 seed. I mentioned this to "the league" and no one has even commented.

Either they're very preoccupied (like, all season long), or they just don't care anymore?

Last edited by a moderator:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's terrible Joe. There's a a guy in my league who drafts great (football and baseball). Then he abandons his team. He was replaced this year, but I'm sure he'll be back in baseball. I don't understand. But a whole league? Ouch, smell ya later I say.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Tlance- ODB Jr. helped carry him to the drubbing of the Fuzzies today. If it wasn't bad enough that my opponent scored well, my team chose the first week of the playoffs to lay a big egg.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelce for Beckham trade is looking triumphant for tlance and terrible for TKO. Way to take me to the cleaners.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am down 19 in my money league with Murray and Forte vs his Eagles kicker.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelce for Beckham trade is looking triumphant for tlance and terrible for TKO. Way to take me to the cleaners.

Kelce has been solid though. At least you didn't take Cameron for Beckham.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Tlance- ODB Jr. helped carry him to the drubbing of the Fuzzies today. If it wasn't bad enough that my opponent scored well, my team chose the first week of the playoffs to lay a big egg.

Thanks Fuzz.

I thought my team would do pretty well this week, but I was expecting yours to be at 120+. Crazy how things work sometimes.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLANCE = DYNASTY

Going for back-to-back A league championships and won the B league the year before that. Very impressive run sir win or lose this week. I tip my cap to you.

Hat_Tip_Cartoon_300x300.jpg