• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As in professional sports leagues, I suspect early volatility will yield to stability (and pretty soon), so I wouldn't count on much more attrition.

Oblivion (or The Commissioner's Exempt List) is a good way to keep people interested and fighting. I think it certainly made the end of the season more enjoyable for OBX. And it's not like they are locked out. Steelers and TK can both be voted back in, but it's not a bad thing if they get competition from Nos, for example, who narrowly missed getting in this year. And if there is attrition, even more likely that everyone could return.

Wait. I'm repeating Tlance. That's what comes of taking an hour to post.

If working 12 hours 7 days a week hadn't worn me out, I would have enjoyed going from 1-7 to 6-8 a lot more. But it was nice.

DuffBeer Doug

Burn on big river,burn on
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it looks like the DilWuff beer truck got a flat, missed the exit, and the driver passed out drunk. Good game Tlance. Crosby did out score Cobb. Maybe just not enough snow for him. :suds:

Congratulations to our playoff teams and thanks to all for a good season. Too bad my comeback fell just a few points shy of crashing the dance. At least I made it interesting after a 1-5 start and knocked off a few good teams along the way.

Sorry Team Czar Wil. If you don't fire me, maybe we can do this again next year. I promise not to cut half the good players on the roster again. (Has fingers crossed behind back).

DuffBeer Doug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wil and Duff at team headquarters studying their draft board prospects for next year:

strange_brew.jpg

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to all in the playoffs - - wish I was there but managed to mis-manage my team out of it. RAM do the Aramis Division proud. ....

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RAM do the Aramis Division proud. ....
Shocked I made it in. Sorry for the tough luck Lefty. Right now your team deserves in over mine... I will be a quick 1 and done. I am battling to many injury's to do well in the playoffs. Good Luck to all the other Playoff Teams. To everyone else, I enjoyed another great year with you guys.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Ram,Joe,T and the Fuzzinator. 1.Freaking.Point.L.O.L. That's how my whole season went accross the board. Do you all remember when the Rams beat the 49'ers? That last play where Keaps fumbled in the endzone? I lost that game (in my money league) by 2 points.......and Keaps was my QB. Had he scored that TD I'd be in................but the rams win was nice too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I just don't think it makes sense to do it.

I don't think having a couple of the same players is a real obstacle, but assembling the rosters under different conditions surely is. There are too many variables in play and the game would be an apples to oranges comparison. We are not looking at the same free agent pools all season long while we are building our teams. Also, there is a reason why fantasy leagues end in week 16. Many of the horses you ride to the title are resting up for post season runs.

The two Super Bowl champs will get to face off, in 2015.

True. I'm here if needed

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocked I made it in. Sorry for the tough luck Lefty. Right now your team deserves in over mine... I will be a quick 1 and done. I am battling to many injury's to do well in the playoffs. Good Luck to all the other Playoff Teams. To everyone else, I enjoyed another great year with you guys.

Perhaps I could just send you my team ..... they're not doing me any good now. .... and you'd probably play the correct ones.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Ram,Joe,T and the Fuzzinator. 1.Freaking.Point.L.O.L. That's how my whole season went accross the board. Do you all remember when the Rams beat the 49'ers? That last play where Keaps fumbled in the endzone? I lost that game (in my money league) by 2 points.......and Keaps was my QB. Had he scored that TD I'd be in................but the rams win was nice too.

I'm right there with you man. .... always seemed to zig when I should have zagged. What a frustrating season. ....

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm right there with you man. .... always seemed to zig when I should have zagged. What a frustrating season. ....

Lol..............I came 5th in the 2 leagues that send 4 to the playoffs and 7th in the one that sends 6 to the playoffs..............then there is the Suicide League where I needed a miracle. The only "bright spot" is that if the MBBRL KOTF had a head to head tiebreaker I would have made it. By no means am I bitching, just pointing out another frustrating facet of this year gone wrong.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If working 12 hours 7 days a week hadn't worn me out, I would have enjoyed going from 1-7 to 6-8 a lot more. But it was nice.

Are you a CCA for the postal service?

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So division winners (if tied) will be decided by division record. . Then PF. Wild card tie breaker shall be PF, disregarding intradivision record. . Got it, good to go.

Treff- Now that the playoffs are here you will need to reset the playoffs to match this strategy.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 14 Recap

Here are your playoff teams:

playoff_teams.jpg

So we officially have our four playoff teams:

#1 seed Joe winner of the Athos division (wins the tiebreaker over Tlance because of division record)
#2 seed Tlance winner of the Porthos division
#3 seed Ram winner of the Aramis division
#4 seed Fuzzy wild card winner by 1 point over Sam

Fuzzy will match up against Joe again this week and Ram will face off against Tlance who is also the defending champion. Congratulations to all the playoff teams and Tlance do the Porthos division proud.

Last week saw some drama for the wild card spot going down to the final minutes of the Packers/Falcons game. Fuzzy had built a 28 point lead over Sam and a 70 point lead over Dilwuff which seemed comfortable but going into Monday night Sam needed only 27 points out of Jordy Nelson and Dilwuff needed only 28 points out of Randall Cobb to catch him. Sam came the closest getting to within 1 point of Fuzzy when Nelson caught the 60 yard touchdown pass. He needed only 4 more yards receiving out of Nelson the last 10 minutes of the game, but he never got another pass and Fuzzy escaped with the wild card. In the individual games last week:

Lefty ties himself in knots

Lefty and TKO fought to a tie last week and the think that plagued Lefty all year got him again as he once again got negative points from his team defense with the Saints pulling a -5. If he started no defense he would be on his way to the playoffs, but it just wasn't meant to be I guess. He did get the best game of the year out of Cam Newton and good games from Lynch and Jeffery to match TKO's good games out of Wilson, Forte, and Mike Evans. TKO did enough to avoid relegation though so he will be joining us again in the Keepers of the Flame next year. Lefty goes to 7-6-1 and TKO goes to 5-8-1.

Joe takes down Fuzzy

In the battle of the Athos division title, Joe ended up with a comfortable 117-89 victory over Fuzzy. Joe got 33 from Rodgers, 41 from Leveon Bell, 20 out of Edelman and 14 out of Bennett to secure the division title. Fuzzy got good games from Luck, Stewart, and Megatron, but couldn't overcome the 1 combined from Morris, Julius Thomas, and Keenan Allen. Both teams ended up sneaking into the playoffs and will play each other again this week since Joe took over the #1 seed. Joe moved to 9-5 and Fuzzy fell to 8-6.

Sam spanks Bandit

Sam beat the holy hell out of Bandit again who apparently got no divine intervention with the assertion of Tim Tebow on his team. Sam got good games out of Murry and Foster, Vincent Jackson, and Jordy Nelson. Bandit might as well have started Tebow since Peyton Manning only outscored him by 2 points this week which was just a killer. Sam missed the playoffs by one point and moved to 8-6 while Bandit fell to 6-7-1. Both teams avoided relegation.

Dilwuff takes down the defending champ

Dilwuff scored a league high 136 in defeating Tlance 136-117. Dilwuff got good games from Charles, Joique Bell, Hilton, Gronk, and the Seahawks D but it just wasn't enough to overtake Fuzzy for the wild card. I think after starting 1-5 though 8-6 if one hell of a comeback. Great job Dilwuff. Tlance is still in the playoffs and looking pretty good. He will play Ram in the first round. Dilwuff 8-6, Tlance 9-5.

Monkey ends on a good note

So after starting out 0-10, Monkey closes the season 3-1 after defeating Ram 108-83. Monkey is still going to be relegated, but I admire the way he kept fighting to the end of the season. Ram is limping into the playoffs and could be in serious trouble if Julio Jones misses this week since he already has Ellington on IR. Ram wins the division at 8-6 and will face Tlance in the first round. Monkey improves to 3-11.

Barilko takes down the commish

In the only game without playoff implications, Barilko took down Treff 94-77. Treff couldn't do enough to avoid relegation, but I'm sure we will see him back up here in two years. Barilko moves to 7-7 and Treff falls to 4-9-1.

Final Notes

Tlance ended up winning the power rankings, breakdown, and points, only missing the triple crown because he tied with Joe for the best record.

Tlance also ended up with the best MBBRL wide breakdown record at 196-124-2 although Chef won the overall title.

Teams being relegated:

Monkey 4 overall power ranking
Treff 5 overall power ranking

We will miss you guys and hope to see you again soon.

Here are the final standings:

MBBRL_Week_14.jpg

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three Sunday moves by me...

1) - Added Greg Jennings (5), dropped Mike Floyd (8)
2) - Added Novak (2), dropped Walsh (4).
3) - Started Chiefs (6), benched Cards (13)

So don't feel too bad Lefty, if I just slept in on Sunday, I would have gained 12 points!

Good luck to all in the playoffs in both leagues. Another great season.

And Bandit, repeated, but never over-stated, simply amazing work my friend.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my brain is on auto-draft this morning
I didnt even realize that we were finished since Im in the playoffs in the 2 free leagues I did on ESPN, and continued to make some FA moves today.
Sorry playoff teams!
I'll cut that out, since we don't have anything going on the consolation ladder, that's kinda weak sauce on my part, imo.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuzzy will match up against Joe again this week

Good luck Joe- I am hoping you will find it difficult to defeat the same team 3 times in the same year.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three Sunday moves by me...

1) - Added Greg Jennings (5), dropped Mike Floyd (8)
2) - Added Novak (2), dropped Walsh (4).
3) - Started Chiefs (6), benched Cards (13)

So don't feel too bad Lefty, if I just slept in on Sunday, I would have gained 12 points!

Good luck to all in the playoffs in both leagues. Another great season.

And Bandit, repeated, but never over-stated, simply amazing work my friend.

That makes me feel marginally better. Yet if I had just drafted and left my team alone all year, I'd be in the title hunt (suicide approach). Retirement gives extra time to 'think' - which is good sometimes, and not so good others. ..... who else would convince themselves the Saints DST was a better play than NE ??. It would have been close TKO (maybe a tie anyway) - if we both had slept in.

DuffBeer Doug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice write up once again, Bandit. And thanks for the kind words.

:suds: