• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McCabe is turning into a fucking liability

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did play well today!! Congrats to him for doing that. I think we all wish that he was more consistent in every game. Surely, he does as well.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, the kid played a quality game today and got him some big rebounds. It's all good in a win.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did, great defense too. Even Woodbury seemed to be a different player today, was diving all over the place, which is all you can really ask for. As I said, we were due for a complete game and today was it. Best defensive effort I've seen out of Iowa all year and that translated into a great offensive game as well.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Fran is going to play him just let him stay in there until he fouls out...it would only be about 10 actual game minutes

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another prime example late in the game today.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what he was doing on this shot?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa fans should start changing "air ball" when he has the ball. that was a terrible shot.

vs WIS at home

0-3 FG, 0-2 3PT, 2 reb, 2 assists, 2 steals, 5 fouls

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he isnt the reason we lost but he certainly shouldnt be option 1late in the game

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the problem with McCabe is he thinks he's a scorer and when he gets the ball his lone thought is to shoot or drive to the basket. Nothing wrong with that for a guy with the skill set to score, but McCabe just isn't good enough to play that kind of ball. If he would ever figure out his role on this team - which imho should be a 10-15 minute guy who comes in and only takes open shots and throws his big body around and gets some hard fouls - then I think he'd do so much better. I don't want to write the kid off completely but everyone seems to be grumbling about him lately and surely Fran and the staff see that he's struggling too. I hope he figures it out soon before the NCAAs.

And for the record I place no blame on McCabe on that Wisky loss. WI was shooting lights out and Iowa was lucky to even be in that game.

BTW - where is Aaron White? He looks lost out on the court and has no aggressiveness. I wish McCabe and him could switch mentalities, I think McCabe needs to tone it down and White needs to shoot the create more.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the problem with McCabe is he thinks he's a scorer and when he gets the ball his lone thought is to shoot or drive to the basket. Nothing wrong with that for a guy with the skill set to score, but McCabe just isn't good enough to play that kind of ball. If he would ever figure out his role on this team - which imho should be a 10-15 minute guy who comes in and only takes open shots and throws his big body around and gets some hard fouls - then I think he'd do so much better. I don't want to write the kid off completely but everyone seems to be grumbling about him lately and surely Fran and the staff see that he's struggling too. I hope he figures it out soon before the NCAAs.

And for the record I place no blame on McCabe on that Wisky loss. WI was shooting lights out and Iowa was lucky to even be in that game.

BTW - where is Aaron White? He looks lost out on the court and has no aggressiveness. I wish McCabe and him could switch mentalities, I think McCabe needs to tone it down and White needs to shoot the create more.

Man you got that right. You have a guy with TONS of athletic ability that's afraid to shoot the ball. White was fucking lights out with his jump shot as a Frosh and now he never shoots from outside.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are a dangerous team if, and only if White and Marble start balling....if we could get these two to score a total of 30-35 we'd be someone that no one would want to play