• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McCabe is turning into a fucking liability

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does he get the nod before Uthoff???

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uthoff has been playing very soft of late and has made some very bad errors when he's on the court. And with Uthoff getting no minutes in the second half - Jok got those - looks like Uthoff is in Fran's doghouse.

McCabe is a player without a position in the B1G Conference.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uthoff has been playing very soft of late and has made some very bad errors when he's on the court. And with Uthoff getting no minutes in the second half - Jok got those - looks like Uthoff is in Fran's doghouse.

McCabe is a player without a position in the B1G Conference.

A coach needs to let a talent like that know it and yell at him in game rather than letting him ride the pine...all that does is create a lower confidence level...AND WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO WHITE??? He's playing like a fucking pussy...sorry fellas, I'm just irritated with this shit

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 10 is the best Conference in the country. That is all there is to it.

Getting to .500 is a chore in this league.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCabe: 22 minutes, 1 for 8 FG and looked just plain lost on the floor...

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White is suddenly pretty awful, Uthoff disappeared, Woodbury is the second coming of Lurch.....and McCabe is the worst of the worst. No one can hit a 3. Iowa needs changes things up pronto before the wheels fall completely off. A few more bad losses like this and we are going to have to face a 5 or 6 seed in round 1, assuming we make it.

On a positive, Olaseni just gets better and better with each game. The only player on Iowa's team who has actually improved this year. Really enjoy watching him and how he's developed his game.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nicely stated Clem. I said something similar a few weeks back!!

Olaseni is improving as this season goes on. Blocks, Rebounds, & Points - almost in that order!! I like his production off of the bench, but I think it's time to see what his numbers look with starters minutes - say 30 minutes per game!! Scary to think what those would be.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Step away from the ledge gentlemen. We lost 2 games to the 2 best defensive teams in the B10. Should we have won at LEAST 1 of those games?? Absolutely BUT we already got a win at OSU so the way I look at it we are only 1 game worse off than where I figured we would be right now. If we take care of business Saturday and get a win @ Minnesota or @ Indiana we will be fine we will be fine. We all would have took 12-6 before the season started so lets not go running with scissors just yet.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to drop this "everybody plays" mentality and stick with a solid group of 8....Marble, Gessell, White, Oleseani, Uthoff, Woody, Oglesby and Basabe...we can throw Clemmons in there too to help out at point...fuck McCabe

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to drop this "everybody plays" mentality and stick with a solid group of 8....Marble, Gessell, White, Oleseani, Uthoff, Woody, Oglesby and Basabe...we can throw Clemmons in there too to help out at point...fuck McCabe

I agree here too. having a deep bench is great, but I think you take your best 8 and run with it. Especially the closer you get to tourney time. giving someone quality floor time is great...when the game's out of reach.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Id be fine without Clemmons too actually. Marble can run point when Mike is out.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id be fine without Clemmons too actually. Marble can run point when Mike is out.
Marble at the point is a bad idea. He's got concrete feet and can't beat ANYONE off of the dribble = unless it's a lower-tier program.

Clemmons needs more minutes. Fran pulls his chain to the bench when he makes a mistake. Gesell makes the same mistake and he stays in the game. Clemmons is bigger and stronger than Gesell and has the ability to create off of the dribble. Something Iowa's offense needs when they have to grind out each possession.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gesell needs to run the floor as a starter IMO. He's one of our few players unafraid to drive the lane and create. He NEEDS to hit FTs.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gesell needs to run the floor as a starter IMO. He's one of our few players unafraid to drive the lane and create. He NEEDS to hit FTs.
Wings,

Gesell misses far too many layups for a starter. He tries to out-jump the defender and misses his mark! That can't be happening and has cost the team. And the free throws...that's another critical problem!! But he's not the only one missing them.

I liked Clemmons last year over Gesell. This year, though, Clemmons is the odd man out of the rotation because of the decision to run Marble at the point. I wouldn't be surprised if Clemmons transfers because his playing time continues to be taken away. Clemmons transferring would be a blow to the program!!

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marble at the point is a bad idea. He's got concrete feet and can't beat ANYONE off of the dribble = unless it's a lower-tier program.

Clemmons needs more minutes. Fran pulls his chain to the bench when he makes a mistake. Gesell makes the same mistake and he stays in the game. Clemmons is bigger and stronger than Gesell and has the ability to create off of the dribble. Something Iowa's offense needs when they have to grind out each possession.

???? Really?? I think that is when he is best. See the NIT run last year. Clemmons cant shoot, cant guard and forces shit too often for my liking.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't like Marble at the point either, just doesn't seem to fit his game. I think we're fine at PG with Gessell and Clemmons, although Clemmons has suddenly started sucking too, not sure what's in the water in Iowa City. I think these guys are pressing too much with the upgrade in Ds they are facing and need to remember to let the game come to them and focus on movement on offense and, of course, D.

I really think Iowa is due to start to gel and one of these games (Michigan, I hope) we are going to blow someone out of the gym.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im really surprised you guys dont like Dev at the PG. I think its BY FAR his best position as evidenced by how he played last year when Mike was out and he spent his majority of the time there.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont care where he plays as long as we win

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???? Really?? I think that is when he is best. See the NIT run last year. Clemmons cant shoot, cant guard and forces shit too often for my liking.
You said the most significant thing pertaining to Marble running the point - it was the NIT!!! Teams that were bad for a number of reasons were in the NIT last year. Talent-wise, it isn't a surprise that Marble played well in the NIT - he was up against players that had less defensive talent! That favored Marble, especially when he played the point.

Look at what Marble did against Ohio St (Craft really). Marble couldn't: get open, get by, how many times did Craft strip Marble of the ball? Did Marble effectively post Craft up since he has the size advantage?

Last year - and this year - aggressive (and quick) defenses force Iowa's point guard to go sideline-to-sideline versus attacking the basket. That is not a winning formula against the better teams on Iowa's schedule.