• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McCabe is turning into a fucking liability

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rmilia, you need to understand that with hoopsalot25 around you can't have your own opinion. This tool will argue any point or opinion you share on the board. I have pretty much learned to ignore him without actually putting him on an ignore list.

He's really freaking annoying...

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said the most significant thing pertaining to Marble running the point - it was the NIT!!! Teams that were bad for a number of reasons were in the NIT last year. Talent-wise, it isn't a surprise that Marble played well in the NIT - he was up against players that had less defensive talent! That favored Marble, especially when he played the point.

Look at what Marble did against Ohio St (Craft really). Marble couldn't: get open, get by, how many times did Craft strip Marble of the ball? Did Marble effectively post Craft up since he has the size advantage?

Last year - and this year - aggressive (and quick) defenses force Iowa's point guard to go sideline-to-sideline versus attacking the basket. That is not a winning formula against the better teams on Iowa's schedule.

No offense Hoops but when you are trying to use a PG's success against the best on ball defender in CBB as proof he cant play the point Ill take umbrage with that. Marble played EXTREMELY well the last 4 games of the regular season. B10 tourney and the NIT last year with Mike out. The other thing Dev running the point does is it lets us play our better shooters at SHOOTING GUARD, right now we have a guy that is a 30% 3 point shooter playing SG in Dev. Frankly I think the team is better even if you keep the exact same starting 5 and let Mike play SG since he is a far superior shooter but nowhere near the penetrator Dev is.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an FYI in the 10 games Mike missed last year where Dev ran point he averaged 19 ppg, 5 rpg and 4.8 apg. Iowa went 8-2 with their only losses coming @ #1 Indiana and vs #8 MSU by 3. Mike came back vs Baylor and reassumed the PG duties and we bot blown out and Dev didnt do shit. Guy is better with the ball in his hands. As a sidenote this move would also get us better looks at the 3 since he is far and away our best guy at getting to the hoop, right now he is looking to score but a move back to PG and I think he'd be looking to kick out to open guys which is something we are sorely lacking. Right now we get most of our 3's off of ball reversal which is alot tougher shot than a 3 you can step into and catch in your shooting motion on a kickout. Anyway I dont really care either as HRUF said, as long as we win he can fucking play waterboy for all I care. LOL

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, rmila makes some good points....let's throw DM back at point. If it ain't working, time to fix it! Really though, it can't hurt as our offense suddenly sucks.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, rmila makes some good points....let's throw DM back at point. If it ain't working, time to fix it! Really though, it can't hurt as our offense suddenly sucks.

Thanks Clem, it just boggles my mind that we have Mike play PG yet when the shot clock gets below 10 or in a late game situation we get the ball to Dev. Why do we do that you ask?? Because he creates better than Mike and if he creates better then he is a better PG at least offensively. Im not saying he needs to guard the other teams PG, the 2 arent mutually exclusive but if Mike was REALLY our best option with the ball in his hands then he'd have it in his hands when it counted most IMO

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an FYI in the 10 games Mike missed last year where Dev ran point he averaged 19 ppg, 5 rpg and 4.8 apg. Iowa went 8-2 with their only losses coming @ #1 Indiana and vs #8 MSU by 3. Mike came back vs Baylor and reassumed the PG duties and we bot blown out and Dev didnt do shit. Guy is better with the ball in his hands. As a sidenote this move would also get us better looks at the 3 since he is far and away our best guy at getting to the hoop, right now he is looking to score but a move back to PG and I think he'd be looking to kick out to open guys which is something we are sorely lacking. Right now we get most of our 3's off of ball reversal which is alot tougher shot than a 3 you can step into and catch in your shooting motion on a kickout. Anyway I dont really care either as HRUF said, as long as we win he can fucking play waterboy for all I care. LOL
Rmilia,

Indiana, MSU, & Baylor were all teams that played physical defense against Iowa's offense. You confirmed my point. Illinois wasn't half bad either - and yes, Iowa wins that game.

How many games have Marble scored under 5 points in the first half? Marble's come out in the second half and scored a lot of points!! But that first half - as the teams scorer - has been very low.

The best offensive player can't have the ball stripped from him as often as Marble has. And then Marble flops in an attempt to get bailed out. Craft is a dirty player that has been allowed to play too physical in games. The refs bought into the publicized hype and won't call the fouls. Craft plays with his hands and the fouls aren't called. Call Craft what he is - the hack-master - and let him play from the bench because he fouls out of games.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rmilia,

Woodbury - all 7'1" and 245 pounds - couldn't post Craft - all 6'2" and 195 pounds - up the other day. Marble is 6'6" and 200 pounds couldn't do that either. No way on earth Craft can guard either player when they post him up! Speaks volumes when OSU puts Craft (-4 inches) on a 6'6" player and holds him to 4 field goals and 10 points.

Those were just two examples of match-ups in Iowa's favor that were not taken advantage of. Post up...get big...keep the ball high (especially with Woodbury)...and score. Another example: the entire front line of OSU is deep in foul trouble and we don't attack them to foul them out of the game.

With Marble posting up craft...that forces the OSU defense to double-down...that would make kick-outs to Iowa's 3-pt shooters seem incredibly logical depending on where the double-down is coming from. But, Iowa's offense didn't do that. Iowa's offense is based off of curl-cuts and slashes to the basket.

The game has evolved to take advantage of match-ups. That is why teams run ISO sets.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed that too, but part of the problem was they didn't get them the ball down low with those mismatches.

I'm a whopping 6'1" and I can post up, I will never understand why a post game is so difficult for kids nowadays. I actually think it easier than playing that face-up nonsense that the big Euros like Nowitzki brought over. You're closer to the basket for pete's sake!

Get Woody and Olaseni into Olajuwan's big man school. I'll throw $100 towards it.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this thread is about how much McCabe sucks, not Roy Dev :)

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here is the thing I get...McCabe has been with Fran since day 1 and I'm sure he works his ass off but cot dammit Fran lets move on!!!! Jimbo Fisher said something genius on the radio Wednesday about what he tells his recruits when they come in..."son, I didn't recruit you to sit on the bench.". Fran, you've recruited since you've been here and pretty damn well, it's time to utilize those recruits

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this thread is about how much McCabe sucks, not Roy Dev :)

We all know McCabe sucks so itd be super short thread if we only focused on that. Its like makimg a thread about how wet water is.... lol :suds:

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why Marble should not be running the point for Iowa. Marble is a much better shooter in transition. Getting him up the floor early against Michigan has given him two wide open looks from the 3-pt line and he continues to stroke that shot (he's done the same thing in previous games - nail the open 3 in transition).

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great to see Iowa making these open 3-pt looks this first half. Iowa had similar looks against OSU and missed those shots. Keep it going Hawks!!

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa is still shooting too many 3's, not our strong suit ( todays first half aside ). This is not a 3 point shooting team, if we keep shooting it in the second half I look for UM to make a run and get back in it. If we start taking it to the hole and pounding it inside it should be a comfy win.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rmilia,

You make some good points there. The 3's that Iowa is getting are wide open and Iowa has the right players taking those shots. These aren't shots that are being forced. I'm surprised with the all of the makes, but I'm not complaining about them going in.

Good ball movement for open 3's, transition 3's, all speaks to a high degree of execution. Uthoff just knocked a wide open 3 because of great ball movement/reversing the ball.

Statistically, at the 10:51 timeout, Iowa is dominating Michigan!!! That is great to see.

Last edited by a moderator:

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win today Hawkeyes!!! Build on that momentum!!