• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Guillotine

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, teams whose heads have been severed, their players are up to highest bidder the following week.

I cannot state how much i loathe FAAB..so rather than piss and moan like a petulant child, I just stay away. I wasn't aware when I signed on last year

We changed it last year to FAAB. Was WW which I would prefer.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ill jump in as the 13th or higher...

Dude.

Just play.

It is fun with any number of teams. You are missing out.

No matter how many you start with, by week 5 or 6 you are down to 10 or less.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We changed it last year to FAAB. Was WW which I would prefer.

I’m fine with either.

Both involve layers of strategy that make it fun.

If WW gets more people in we should do that.

But I do think FAAB is better.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well FAAB is more modern way for waivers. In a league where one lost and your out I feel FAAB is a must IMO. If a key player on your roster goes down and a prime replacement is now available due to a team getting eliminated, FAAB gives you a shot at acquiring said player where in WW most likely you have no shot ( other than if you have top position in WW).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well FAAB is more modern way for waivers. In a league where one lost and your out I feel FAAB is a must IMO. If a key player on your roster goes down and a prime replacement is now available due to a team getting eliminated, FAAB gives you a shot at acquiring said player where in WW most likely you have no shot ( other than if you have top position in WW).

Yep. Lots of ways to use that budget.

And if you really want to get a certain player, you have a shot to do it.

@Chef99 used his entire budget the first elimination on Derrick Henry and he made final 3.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe that FAAB is probably the best way to handle this league, so I'd never lobby to change it.

But I still hate it ;). I'd probably go for a reverse standings, weekly reset waiver priority in this format if it were up to me (of course that's what I advocate for regardless of format) But,t i know that that system is very unpopular 'round these parts.

so I'll just be a lurker and watch from the stands on this one. I can say that if I could get over my BS against the format, this league would've been a very fun one, so all you lurkers out there, if you like/are indifferent to FAAB..get on board, it's a good time!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe that FAAB is probably the best way to handle this league, so I'd never lobby to change it.

But I still hate it ;). I'd probably go for a reverse standings, weekly reset waiver priority in this format if it were up to me (of course that's what I advocate for regardless of format) But,t i know that that system is very unpopular 'round these parts.

so I'll just be a lurker and watch from the stands on this one. I can say that if I could get over my BS against the format, this league would've been a very fun one, so all you lurkers out there, if you like/are indifferent to FAAB..get on board, it's a good time!

Reverse order of standings is literally the worst.

That is the one that I would sit out for.

So bad. No strategy. Rewards the bad teams, penalizes the good.

Would be particularly awful in this format.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im in and i prefer WW but ok w Faab :suds:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reverse order of standings is literally the worst.

That is the one that I would sit out for.

So bad. No strategy. Rewards the bad teams, penalizes the good.

Would be particularly awful in this format.
Well we've had this discussion and obviously neither has changed opinions on it.

Comes down to a philosophical/ideological difference on what the term 'fair' means, and how it should apply to fantasy leagues. We definitely view it from opposite perspectives

But, doesn't matter in this discussion. And like I said, for this format, FAAB is likely the best choice.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FAAB in this format is definitely best.
Much more strategy than who's up next.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to put the rules and everything in next week. Figure out who all is in and start the draft sometime late next week.
FYI
I am golfing in Mexico 8/9-813. should be able to access the site if needed. But it is Cabo so Mary and I will be partying! :drink: