• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL dynasty main page

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i should have read your question before answering... 3 IR only... but if a player is not on IR but is expected to go onto IR he counts as IR... but you still only get 3...

more accurately, you can not have over the 9 bench + 3 IR= 12 non starters
So how do we put guys that are surely going on IR onto IR so they don't count toward my bench? aka Bradish and Senga

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But clearly injured players that are being reported as not being available for opening day should be able to go on the injured list on Fantrax, especially if I'm being told I'll lose half of my FAAB just because I can't do anything. The games on the 20th also set the first day of the season and there's only 2 teams playing so what about the rest of my guys who aren't playing? How does Palmballs get to have Mahle on the injured list but I can't put Nootbar on the injured list when they have the same designation of injury right now? See my point now?
the games in korea dont count in this league
this IR stuff happens every year
our league starts on the 28th so that morning should be able to make the IR moves :suds:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I will again repeat what is the purpose behind waiting to opening day to increase the IR number back

I am most definitely not trying to "stash" anyone.

My injured list is

Garcia
Scherzer
McClanahan
Woodruff

all on 60 day

and then Sheehan won't be ready until mid April.

I know this will be the very same situation on March 27th at 1159 PM

So not only will I be getting punished for having effectively my entire starting rotation injured minus Eury in the sense my rotation sucks I'm also forced to drop an Injured player so someone else can sign them and put them on IR

how does that make any sense
It doesn’t

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the games in korea dont count in this league
this IR stuff happens every year
our league starts on the 28th so that morning should be able to make the IR moves :suds:

so postpone the deadline to the morning of the 28th or by week's end

Long story short we shouldn't have to cut players on the 27th just to turn around and sign however many players we cut the day before on the 28th.

I will just take the penalty. it is what it is. Wildly unfair but whatever.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incredibly Scherzer is still not officially "out" to be able to be IRd lol

I'm kind of leaning that way also. My other issue will be seeing as Yamamoto was stashed in the minors (this is me assuming as such) I now see Clevinger and Bauer cannot be put there. Which is fine I guess as a rule change but kinda tough considering how the above was handled.

Not trying to hate as that was a phenomenal draft choice but definitely changes the scope of how things were handled after then.
Clevinger and Bauer have long lost their minors eligibility.

Minors definitely shouldn’t be a place for Free Agents.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clevinger and Bauer have long lost their minors eligibility.

Minors definitely shouldn’t be a place for Free Agents.

I'm good with that so long as it's consistently applied

I fully expect Clevinger to be signed sooner than later anyway. Bauer was a flyer and is most likely going to be cut

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so postpone the deadline to the morning of the 28th or by week's end

Long story short we shouldn't have to cut players on the 27th just to turn around and sign however many players we cut the day before on the 28th.

I will just take the penalty. it is what it is. Wildly unfair but whatever.
deadline right now is 105 pm est on 28th
not sure why milk did the faab penalty since there is already a penalty of not scoring any points if the roster is illegal :suds:

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deadline right now is 105 pm est on 28th
not sure why milk did the faab penalty since there is already a penalty of not scoring any points if the roster is illegal :suds:

lol

an illegal roster that stops being illegal at 106 pm

seems like a logical rule

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no if its still illegal your team scores no points that week

View attachment 357181

I understand that. My point is the IR spots will then rise to 5 from 3. it was 5. then it's 3 and then back to 5

just leave it at 5

good lort. And if it's a matter of processing a player (as with several players people have mentioned) their rosters will be legal and they've declared exactly what they intend to do to make it legal.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does Palmballs get to have Mahle on the injured list but I can't put Nootbar on the injured list when they have the same designation of injury right now?
He was on IR in 2023 and I haven't moved him out of there. (Not defending the handling of this in any way, just explaining how.)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@YourFriendGannon - I don't know if anyone has brought this to your attention, but minor leaguers can be "stashed" as a minor even if they are promoted to the majors. However, once you switch them to your major league roster, you can't return them unless they are sent back down.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@YourFriendGannon - I don't know if anyone has brought this to your attention, but minor leaguers can be "stashed" as a minor even if they are promoted to the majors. However, once you switch them to your major league roster, you can't return them unless they are sent back down.
Yep I'm aware, I've picked up on that from looking at older posts.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I personally don't see an issue with that. Feels like there should be some kind of reward for having the patience and foresight to land the right guys and use them when you want. But I also don't care about this "hard reset" at the beginning of the year. What I do disagree with though is if the idea is to reset rosters and kick guys out of the minors that start the year on an MLB roster but then minor leaguers that are signed during the year that don't make it to the majors get returned to the draft pool.

I totally get not allowing the 24 MLB draft guys to be picked up as free agents but let's say you spot a single A guy that is dominating the minors but doesn't make it to the pros you shouldn't be punished to have to return him to the draft pool imo.

Hopefully that word soup made sense lol.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally don't see an issue with that. Feels like there should be some kind of reward for having the patience and foresight to land the right guys and use them when you want. But I also don't care about this "hard reset" at the beginning of the year. What I do disagree with though is if the idea is to reset rosters and kick guys out of the minors that start the year on an MLB roster but then minor leaguers that are signed during the year that don't make it to the majors get returned to the draft pool.

I totally get not allowing the 24 MLB draft guys to be picked up as free agents but let's say you spot a single A guy that is dominating the minors but doesn't make it to the pros you shouldn't be punished to have to return him to the draft pool imo.

Hopefully that word soup made sense lol.
I don't have a problem with it either, just wanted to make sure the new guy knew the rules.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think folks are misinterpreting what Milk meant about minor leaguers being signed.

Atleast I hope so.

The #2 prospect in baseball is a guy I signed as a FA when he was 18. Was not anticipating him being called up for a couple years. (Which is this year).

Same with a lot of my minor league guys.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think folks are misinterpreting what Milk meant about minor leaguers being signed.

Atleast I hope so.

The #2 prospect in baseball is a guy I signed as a FA when he was 18. Was not anticipating him being called up for a couple years. (Which is this year).

I've actually done a few of these this year. Didn't think twice about it.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Atleast I hope so.

"
A minor leaguer can only be added to a team during the season if and only if he has any major league experience, or expected play, at the time of the player add.

any minor leaguer who was added to a team during the season, who has zero Major league stat line, will automatically be dropped from a team during the next off-season... and will be available for the next rookie draft..

It definitely leaves some room for interpretation but that seems clear to me that any minor leaguer signed during the year that doesn't make the majors would then be removed from the team that signed him and put back into the draft pool.

That's why I don't understand then requiring us to remove players from our minors that we've never chosen to add to our active roster. But alas that's what I've started to do to make my roster legal.

To me the more simple rule is we all understand the guys from the 24 draft are off limits.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking for a viable SS. Offers being sent.