• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mayweather vs Alvarez

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will get a rematch regardless and I think they both will sell well. I plan on getting the fight in September but again, I think Canelo's size will play a part. It amazes me how people want Floyd to fight guys way bigger than him and when he does in Canelo, people want him to still fight guys bigger than him, ie, Ward, GGG. And before anyone says he should fight GGG, Ward called out GGG and he was saying it will be a few years before they fight. When have you ever seen the champion call out a challenger? PS, GGG is 31, he's not exactly a newbie. Sorry for the rant but had to vent. There has got to be more fight fans than this here.
It is unfair to think Mayweather should fight either Ward or GGG, they are to big & hit way to hard. I think this comes up because Mayweather out classes his weight category. People are looking for quality opponents in skill. Think they underestimate size differences, because how good Mayweather is.
It is to bad Ward & Mayweather aren't closer in size, because to me Ward is the most complete fighter I have seen. he can fight any style & with the intelligence to adjust to anyone elses style. mayweather is lucky they aren't closer in size.

As far as this fight. I think Mayweather took the biggest payday, which is a very dangerous Canelo. Don't think he took a lame duck fight this fight. (Last fight was never gonna be a contest) but this fight is one of the top guys around Mayweathers weight he could have picked. I give him kudos for upping his opponent.
maybe his Showtime contract he wants to retire fighting the best out there.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge fight tonight I hope Canelo wins the fight but it will be hard with mayweather's defense & counter punching.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fund the fight so I'm in tonight.. Should be a good one

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling we are going to wake up and feel duped by the promoters.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Canelo is the real deal. Not saying he's going to win but this will be a competitive fight. The thing about Canelo is he has the size to go up and fight Ward or GGG if he wins, unlike Mayweather who just isn't that big.

Demetrios37

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does Mayweather's success bring the hatred out of you people? Just face the fact that he is arguably the greatest boxer pound for pound of all time. Word.

Mayweather isn't a fan favorite by his own design, he's boxing's version of a Pro Wrestling heel. You can't deny his greatness but you can't compare him to Sugar Ray Leonard, Roberto Duran, or Tommy Hearns, or Marvin Hagler because they all fought each other with Sugar Ray and Marvin winning all the fights. It's not his fault he was alive during a later era.
Compare Mayweather to Pernell Whitaker or Aaron Pryor although Pryor fought during the same era as the aforementioned "big four" he never squared off against any of them. Probably because they were afraid: He kicked Hearns ass so soundly as an amatuer Hearns wanted nothing to do with him in the Pro's. Pryor chased SRL from city to city trying to goad him into a big money fight and all Sugar Ray would do is ignore him. Finally he decided to move him in weight, moved up in weight to avoid fighting Pryor.

There was a lot of drama in the middle weights back then. The only way Mayweather can be compared to those fighters is if he starts challenging the bigger guys. If he challenges Andre Ward and wins, then he's the best ever.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. how did Canelo gain 14 lbs overnight!?!?!?

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is your favorite member of his entourage?

iIQeG27.jpg

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I quit watching around the 5th or 6th round when it was clearly evident that Canelo was severely outclassed and had no shot whatsoever. I wake up and see that some dumbass bitch scored it a draw. Really? A draw? Turns out she was also apart of that horrid Bradley/Pacman decision. How is she still employed? Also, is it super easy to become a boxing judge? Do I just show up and get the job because I'm able to breath?

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I call it?!?
I don't understand why you feel duped, there was nothing shady about that fight except the draw called by one judge. other than that I thought it was a good clean fight that Mayweather simply dominated. Can you explain what you mean?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is your favorite member of his entourage?

iIQeG27.jpg

I hate Floyd but he's more respectable than those two douches lol. I think I finally figured out why they're in his entourage.

NewcastleKEG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I quit watching around the 5th or 6th round when it was clearly evident that Canelo was severely outclassed and had no shot whatsoever. I wake up and see that some dumbass bitch scored it a draw. Really? A draw? Turns out she was also apart of that horrid Bradley/Pacman decision. How is she still employed? Also, is it super easy to become a boxing judge? Do I just show up and get the job because I'm able to breath?
Except for 1 Round, neither fighter did anything. You shouldn't reward guys with rounds simply for dancing around the ring and slapping his opponent with powerless punches.

Never did I think Mayweather was more likely to knock down his opponent than Alvarez was. That's sad.

Boxing remains dead.