• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Schaub

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans fans rejoice

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'bout time, starting to look like there is something going on in Oakland.

If acquiring Schaub instills confidence, then I am very worried for you...

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this will turn out to be the move of the offseason. Good for the Raiders.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to say this could be a good move for the Raiders but its the Raiders. I'll believe it when I see it. And when I see it, I'll make sure I'm not drunk or dreaming.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jury is still out for me on this. im not so ready to close the book on pryor just yet. not much of a running game, bad oline, mediocre receivers. best offensive player on team is often injured or ineffective. little time to throw...im not sure what qb in league u put back on last years team and have consistent success. you start to improve the team and give up on him.. maybe hes not guy of future...don't think hes been given fair shake at it yet

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Pryor can run some. Schaub will be a sitting duck back there. I think it impedes on Pryors learning curve too (if that's who the Raiders were going to go with). Schaub isn't horrible, but he's not that great either. The upside for this signing isn't very high.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If acquiring Schaub instills confidence, then I am very worried for you...

I think this will turn out to be the move of the offseason. Good for the Raiders.

jury is still out for me on this. im not so ready to close the book on pryor just yet. not much of a running game, bad oline, mediocre receivers. best offensive player on team is often injured or ineffective. little time to throw...im not sure what qb in league u put back on last years team and have consistent success. you start to improve the team and give up on him.. maybe hes not guy of future...don't think hes been given fair shake at it yet

At least Pryor can run some. Schaub will be a sitting duck back there. I think it impedes on Pryors learning curve too (if that's who the Raiders were going to go with). Schaub isn't horrible, but he's not that great either. The upside for this signing isn't very high.

For a 6th rounder, it's a very good deal, and I hope it doesn't close the book on Pryor, I can see them coexisting, but we shall see. Not much downside at this point, and it leaves us with options I like at #5.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a 6th rounder, it's a very good deal, and I hope it doesn't close the book on Pryor, I can see them coexisting, but we shall see. Not much downside at this point, and it leaves us with options I like at #5.

Alright I will give you that... Not really any downside to it, so smart. As long as nobody thinks Matt "Free-Hand" Schaubs is their savior...

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of my friends are big Raider fans and they are not very excited about Schaub. A 6th round pick isn't a major investment for a stop gap. This might just be an Alex Smith type pickup if Schaub can cut out the turnovers. Don't know what happened to Schaub last year, must have just lost confidence. One of my friends claims he knows someone in the organization and has heard Pryor doesn't have it mentally. Claims he can't even call the plays in the huddle.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, they have to get to the league minimum cap number somehow. win-win for both teams. I'd hate it if they were tight to the cap, and even paying a sixth is a bit much considering they could have bid for him for nothing after the Texans released him.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, that's why this isn't really that stupid a move, assuming they can either draft someone in the mid rounds to sit behind him for a year if they really think Pryor hasn't got it.

Mettenberger is a possibility.