• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Kemp's agent thinks trade could come

BiffMcFly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Let's entertain the idea for a while. If they traded Kemp just for the sake of dropping salary I think the Cubs would make alot of sense. Cubs are a big market team that should've had a bigger bat like that for a while since Sosa. It might help the Dodgers because Cubs could contend better with the Cardinals who are bigger enemies of both teams. Dodgers would try to come out of it with a pitching prospect in the pen they need more in the playoffs anyway.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's entertain the idea for a while. If they traded Kemp just for the sake of dropping salary I think the Cubs would make alot of sense. Cubs are a big market team that should've had a bigger bat like that for a while since Sosa. It might help the Dodgers because Cubs could contend better with the Cardinals who are bigger enemies of both teams. Dodgers would try to come out of it with a pitching prospect in the pen they need more in the playoffs anyway.

Most players are subject to being traded, but the Dodgers would have to be overwhelmed by an offer for Kemp. This simply is not the time to trade Kemp and I think it's highly unlikely it will happen this year or next.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Dodgers should trade their Center Fielder for a pitching prospect in the pen? :lol:

Have you seen the Dodgers' offseason signings? ~30 million bucks to veteran bullpen arms (Wilson, Wright, Howell, Perez to go along with the already signed League) plus the team-controlled guys like Jansen, Paco, Withrow, etc. The last thing the Dodgers need is a bullpen prospect. C'mon now...

And the Dodgers weren't hurt by a weak bullpen in the playoffs. They were hurt by a lack of offense, I don't think you correct that issue by trading away (when healthy) one of the most dangerous bats in the game...

BiffMcFly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
You can never have enough pitching. And Dodgers problems on offense in 2013 playoffs were mostly because of Hanley's injury. Look, you're going to have 4 healthy starting quality hitting outfielders in '14. And Dodgers aren't exactly swarming with decent pitching prospects so it wouldn't be unreasonable for them to do what they have to do outside of the organization to get that extra young arm. Maybe a 5th starter.

BiffMcFly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
And at the end of the day great pitching is what wins the title. Just ask the 1988 Dodgers like Tim Crews. More arms give you more options in the bulpen in case something goes wrong with the other arms.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can never have enough pitching. And Dodgers problems on offense in 2013 playoffs were mostly because of Hanley's injury. Look, you're going to have 4 healthy starting quality hitting outfielders in '14. And Dodgers aren't exactly swarming with decent pitching prospects so it wouldn't be unreasonable for them to do what they have to do outside of the organization to get that extra young arm. Maybe a 5th starter.

As of right now, if there is no move to get Tanaka or Price, we still have Bekette, Bills & Lee that could also start as a 5th starter, that's not bad at all when these guys are healthy.

And at the end of the day great pitching is what wins the title. Just ask the 1988 Dodgers like Tim Crews. More arms give you more options in the bulpen in case something goes wrong with the other arms.

As I mentioned above, we have a lot of arms right now, we need to focus on our bench & we should be good to go. I think our bullpen is stacked at the moment & we still have young arms like Dominguez & Withrow, None of the guys in the bullpen are old, there is only 3 guys in the bullpen in their 30's League,Wilson & Wright. I'm not worried about them right now & let's not forget Dodger Stadium is a pitchers park.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Dodgers don't need a 5th starter. Come on. Hanley was injured. So was Kemp. So was Ethier. So if this team has an issue of some players getting hurt, wouldn't it be wiser to have more on the roster for that contingency? For maybe 5 minutes of last season was there a "problem" with having 4 starters. I don't even think that actually is a problem, it just means your bench is that much better and your roster has more flexibility. 4 healthy outfielders means less penalty for resting one of them. Everyone gets more rest, everyone stays fresh, and hopefully everyone plays better and says healthy because of it.

Anyways, the trades you are proposing do not help the Dodgers. This ownership group has made it abundantly clear that money is not an issue so this whole notion of "shedding his contract" is a point that can be thrown out. Also, if Matt Kemp is healthy, he and Puig have two of the best OF contracts in baseball. The remaining figures on (29 year old) Kemp's contract are peanuts compared to the ridiculous money owed to the likes of Choo, Ellsbury, Werth, etc.

The Dodgers are indeed open to trading anyone on the team, but that only works if the trade is to this teams benefit. Starting CF for a 5th starter? No thanks.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, this team has plenty of pitching prospects. Lee, Stripling, Garcia, Urias, Windle, Anderson, etc....

Their first two picks in the draft were starting pitchers. This team needs position players, not pitchers.

Yeah this team also already has one of the best 1-2 punches with Kershaw and Greinke. Add in Ryu who threw over 190 innings with a 3.00 ERA in his rookie season and you have a decent core trio to build around. Is there room for improvement at the bottom of the rotation? Sure. But there is no shortage of places to look to fill that void.

If there's one thing to be said about the Dodgers, its not that they are poor when it comes to pitching.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L

What in the world are the Padres thinking?

Last edited by a moderator:

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
per Jon Heyman, Dodgers and Padres on verge of blockbuster deal

oh my