• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Cooke

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooke is a D-bag but he is a decent hockey player, and I hate the Pens. If Todd Bertuzzi is still making millions....

Also, quit lumping Avery into these lists. he is a pest and that is it. His fight card is fine and he does not do dangerous cheap shit on the ice. He is a pest, but a stand up pest.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooke is a D-bag but he is a decent hockey player, and I hate the Pens. If Todd Bertuzzi is still making millions....

Also, quit lumping Avery into these lists. he is a pest and that is it. His fight card is fine and he does not do dangerous cheap shit on the ice. He is a pest, but a stand up pest.

I never said he wasn't a decent hockey player, he's just a d-bag plain and simple. Avery is another player who is good at hockey but is a fucktard.

Also, I used to live in Southern California during the Avery days and watched a lot of LA Kings games on SoCal sportsnet.....he may not injure players with his antics, but make no mistake, he's cheap as they come. Watch him during after whistle scrums and watch whom he fights and whom he turtles against. He's a d-bag as well. I'll continue to lump him in with the rest of the dbags.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oooohkay, cooke is a cheapshot artist occasionally, yes. he crosses that line far too often, and i'd hate him too if he weren't a pen. i understand that. i hate jerkko ruutu. BUT cooke isn't chris simon. chris simon is a messed up fock. there's a big difference. and cooke is comparable to downie i think. throw cheap ones but the real reason fans hate 'em is cause they can score a few too.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still want to know what Gill leaned back to say to Cooke in the handshake line after Cooke ran his stick up the back of Gill's leg in the scrum at the end of the 2nd. I imagine it was "if this wasnt the playoffs and game 7"....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooke's a cheap player, and I wish he'd cut it out as much as anyone else, but he contributes positively to his team. He was a key part of one of the best third lines in hockey, and he scored 15 goals (6th on the team) and 15 assists (12th on the team), and was a +17 (second on the team). He was a +17 in a shutdown line role. That's pretty good.

He's very good on the forecheck and causes a lot of havoc for defenders trying to move the puck out of the zone. He hits hard and gets his team momentum. He scores a few goals. He's also good in his own zone, as evidenced by the job he did in his shutdown role, as well as the fact that he was one of the team's top penalty killers, on the 9th-ranked penalty kill in the league.

Regardless of how you feel about him as a person, he's a good player. I'm with miami on this, as he's the only free agent forward I want to see resigned.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty harsh. He did start out on a bad note (i.e. - Ducks fan and MD follower), but at least he's turned into a solid poster now. He also hasn't resorted back into troll form since. I think he deserves a little more respect.

Who are we talking about here?

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah. Thx.

Looks like Chris is still holding grudges from the rathole. What a waste of energy.

oh well..

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens fans.....calm down.....take one step away from the keyboard.....and re-read my posts (lol).....I never said Cooke wasn't a halfway decent player. In fact, I said he, Ott and Avery are actually pretty good hockey players which makes it all the more frustrating that they feel the need to do their antics. It's not like any of the 3 are only in the league because they are dirt bags. I even said I can imagine why Pens fans would want him re-signed. That being said, he's still a huge doosh that I was happy to see get ktfo by Evander Kane.

So, in summary.....

Is Cooke a decent hockey player? Yes.
Should Penguins fans want him re-signed? Yes.
Is he effective at what he does? Yes
Is he a grade A Dooshbag who's been doing cheap ass shit his entire professional career? A resounding yes!!!

miamiforlife81

It's All About The U!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So, in summary.....

Is Cooke a decent hockey player? Yes.
Should Penguins fans want him re-signed? Yes.
Is he effective at what he does? Yes
Is he a grade A Dooshbag who's been doing cheap ass shit his entire professional career? A resounding yes!!!

Agreed 100%. I admit he's a cheap player but I think he helps the team overall and is an excellent fit on the energy line of Kennedy and Staal.

Burns80y

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooke's a cheap player, and I wish he'd cut it out as much as anyone else, but he contributes positively to his team. He was a key part of one of the best third lines in hockey, and he scored 15 goals (6th on the team) and 15 assists (12th on the team), and was a +17 (second on the team). He was a +17 in a shutdown line role. That's pretty good.

He's very good on the forecheck and causes a lot of havoc for defenders trying to move the puck out of the zone. He hits hard and gets his team momentum. He scores a few goals. He's also good in his own zone, as evidenced by the job he did in his shutdown role, as well as the fact that he was one of the team's top penalty killers, on the 9th-ranked penalty kill in the league.

Regardless of how you feel about him as a person, he's a good player. I'm with miami on this, as he's the only free agent forward I want to see resigned.

I am with you both but i can see how non Pens fans feel about him because i thought he was a piece of shit before he came to the Pens. Once i watched him play a few games i realized that he has talent and if he cut down on the bullshit he might actually get some respect. Although i think it's far to late in the game for most to give him any.

He is a productive player that does stupid shit just about every team has one.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just because you feel he is a grade A POS doesn't mean it to be true. I liken his questionable antics to OV or another Pittsburgher...Hines Ward. IMO, if one feels Cooke is grade A POS, then OV must fall into that catergory as well. Part of OV's job is to score goals, part of Cooke's job is to agitate the other team, they both do that well, but they BOTH cross the line with questionable hits. I'm a huge Steeler fan and I argue all the time the Ward lacks respect for his NFL brothers, by taking legal liberties on them. Much the way Cooke and OV does. I said it before and I'll say it again... and I got slammed on the e*pn boards for saying this... these types of players don't try and hurt people, they just don't care if they do, they have no respect for the other players.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because you feel he is a grade A POS doesn't mean it to be true. I liken his questionable antics to OV or another Pittsburgher...Hines Ward. IMO, if one feels Cooke is grade A POS, then OV must fall into that catergory as well. Part of OV's job is to score goals, part of Cooke's job is to agitate the other team, they both do that well, but they BOTH cross the line with questionable hits. I'm a huge Steeler fan and I argue all the time the Ward lacks respect for his NFL brothers, by taking legal liberties on them. Much the way Cooke and OV does. I said it before and I'll say it again... and I got slammed on the e*pn boards for saying this... these types of players don't try and hurt people, they just don't care if they do, they have no respect for the other players.

Wow, so in essence, you're saying that my opinion (that being that Matt Cooke is a Monkey Fluffer) is not a fact? Thanks for clearing that up.....here i thought that the world revolved around my almighty word. By the bye, is there any substance to this post besides dragging OV into this? I don't care if Matt Cooke is Mother freaking Teresa off the ice, he's a GRADE A DOOSH on the ice. Why can't you understand that? I don't care about OV either, because I don't like him or the way he plays (he's a showboat). Why do you care so much about my opinion on Matt fucking cook? I'm a Sharks fan so why would I go out of my way to slam a Penguin and why would I give two shits about Ovechkin? If Ovechkin fell backwards onto Halak the way that Cookie did, I'd call OV a dirty bitch too. I really don't understand your deal. Cooke and OV don't take "legal liberties" on their peers, they take legal AND illegal liberties on their peers nightly. If it makes you feel any better, I hated him when he was a Canuck (and he was on the team when I had a rooting interest in the Canucks, see Potvin, Felix and I'll hate him if he becomes a Shark) or any other team he goes to.

I don't like your excuse "they don't try to, they just don't care" if they hurt people. So if a bank robber (and a bank robber by trade, not a mass murderer or a serial killer) doesn't intend to murder people who get in his way when he robs the bank (but will if anybody gets in his way or doesn't do as they're told) but does kill nevertheless.....he's still a grade a doosh whether he intended to kill someone during the robbery or not. And yes he's still one even if he gives all of the money that he steals from the bank to charity.

Last edited by a moderator:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Close to agreeing with this, but everyone deserves a second chance.

I still count myself among the cautiously optimistic.

But my memory is long.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was just trying to have a conversation... I merely wanted to point out that great players do similar things like him... I named two, Hines Ward and OV. But I don't hear many people calling them names. That's the point I was trying to make.

In general, when someone says something like "Why can't you understand that" to me that sounds more like they are pushing whatever they are saying as fact rather than their opinion.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just trying to have a conversation... I merely wanted to point out that great players do similar things like him... I named two, Hines Ward and OV. But I don't hear many people calling them names. That's the point I was trying to make.

In general, when someone says something like "Why can't you understand that" to me that sounds more like they are pushing whatever they are saying as fact rather than their opinion.

They do, I agree. Hell, I've seen Jumbo Jim Thornton, Sidney Crosby and even Marc Savard do some shady shit. Hell, Messier was one of the dirtiest players I've ever seen and he's going down as one of the greatest leaders and greatest hockey players of all time. OV is/was out of the playoffs when I made the comment. If Cooke were still on the Capitals, I bet you anything you wouldn't be on here defending him. You are (seemingly) overly sensitive about anything Pittsburgh. Usually though, people start out their conversations with "I know you may disagree but.....". Sounded like you were trying to make up my mind for me. Throughout this entire thread, I've admitted that Cooke was a decent hockey player and that Penguins fans should want him to be re-signed. I didn't call OV names because he didn't fake-fall into Jaroslav Halak. If he did, I would have said that was bs.

Fair enough bud, I was wondering why you were so against my opinion as I thought I clearly insinuated it was strictly my opinion....unless there is a mathematical equation that can prove dooshiness. ;-) I personally don't like Matt Cooke. It seemed like you were trying to sway my opinion when I've been watching the guy for about 10 years.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still count myself among the cautiously optimistic.

But my memory is long.

I count myself among the cautiously pessimistic.

I think Cooke is garbage, though he has some skills, and I would say the same thing if he was on the Habs.

Last edited by a moderator:

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ah. Thx.

Looks like Chris is still holding grudges from the rathole. What a waste of energy.

oh well..

I'm not holding grudges, I wont take anybody seriously who thinks Matt Cooke is a "solid" player. He's a semi-productive CHEAP ASS PIECE OF SHIT at best. That my friends is a fact.

I'll stand by my point until the end. I guess i'm just stubborn.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not holding grudges, I wont take anybody seriously who thinks Matt Cooke is a "solid" player. He's a semi-productive CHEAP ASS PIECE OF SHIT at best. That my friends is a fact.

I'll stand by my point until the end. I guess i'm just stubborn.

Ha! Ha! Stick to your guns bro!! :D

BTW -- Where the fuck were you during the game?? It would have been good to see you sweating it out with us in the GNT!

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ha! Ha! Stick to your guns bro!! :D

BTW -- Where the fuck were you during the game?? It would have been good to see you sweating it out with us in the GNT!

This is what I did for the game, drove 3 hours from Jersey City, NJ(thats where i'm working for an engineering project, one hell of a shithole I might ad) anyway I drove home, at 4PM. It took me 3.5 hours to get here. Arrived home at 7:30pm. I turned on my tv to find out that GREEDY FUCKING ED SNIDER BOUGHT THE RIGHT TO THE VERSUS FEED AND BLACKED ME OUT. So I got so pissed I wrote the angriest email to Ed Snider, Comcast, Versus, NHL.com, and everybody else I could dig up involved with comcast. I cant believe how greedy they are.

They wont provide me service on the street I live on, and they're buying up all the right so they're making it IMPOSSIBLE for me to watch Flyers games in my home. So I missed the first second, and 10mins of the third period. I went out to watch the ending. Its been a miserable day for me, sorry for the long rant...but the day did have its silver lining.

P.S FUCK ED SNIDER, AND FUCK COMCAST!!